Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
False information fed by the media for years to the public.

Dear God, I think I give up. It's not the media doing this, it's the police investigating and media reporting about it. Just like in every case. It's not anybody's public relations team who started this or any media making up stories, it's the police investigating asking the public for information on the German TV program Aktenzeichen XY. No PR team and no media behind all this information.

Yes it is a fact though that £12.5 million of UK taxpayers money has been spent on this case to date. And this is the only fact the person upthread was talking about. Hoping that this wasn’t another way to inject more of our money to the fund. That is not false information, that is hoping their isn’t an agenda. Now, of course as this is the German police investigating we know this not to be the case but there was no harm in asking that, IMO.
Asking is one thing.
But my issue is that it's coming from conspiracy theories now that German police is involved.

And such conspiracies theories are already well entertained on SM that seeing it here bleeds my eyes.

Dear God, I think I give up. It's not the media doing this, it's the police investigating and media reporting about it. Just like in every case. It's not anybody's public relations team who started this or any media making up stories, it's the police investigating asking the public for information on the German TV program Aktenzeichen XY. No PR team and no media behind all this information.

Yes I think you have came into this case 13 years too late. I, like many others here have followed from day one. To explain to you the media back then fed the public lots and lots of lies and as the years went on the lies were picked apart bit by bit. Unfortunately, people who maybe read the lies at one point never seen at a later point they were lies still believe those said lies. I agree, we should definitely correct people and I also do not believe the McCanns are involved, never have. I do not however agree with spending £12.5 million of taxpayers money over 13 years with no results for this to be a ploy for more of our money at a time whereby the country is in the worst state in the history of time. Nothing to do with your non-corrupt Germany. End of conversation.

Yes it is a fact though that £12.5 million of UK taxpayers money has been spent on this case to date. And this is the only fact the person upthread was talking about. Hoping that this wasn’t another way to inject more of our money to the fund. That is not false information, that is hoping their isn’t an agenda. Now, of course as this is the German police investigating we know this not to be the case but there was no harm in asking that, IMO.

Well, it was clear from the beginning that German police is investigating it and that it's not just some media or social media or PR team rumor.

Yes I think you have came into this case 13 years too late. I, like many others here have followed from day one. To explain to you the media back then fed the public lots and lots of lies and as the years went on the lies were picked apart bit by bit. Unfortunately, people who maybe read the lies at one point never seen at a later point they were lies still believe those said lies. I agree, we should definitely correct people and I also do not believe the McCanns are involved, never have. I do not however agree with spending £12.5 million of taxpayers money over 13 years with no results for this to be a ploy for more of our money at a time whereby the country is in the worst state in the history of time. Nothing to do with your non-corrupt Germany. End of conversation.

Do you think I'm 12 years old? I followed the case from the beginning as well and know the media frenzy that was going on in the beginning and then later from time to time. But I can see the difference between rumors and media coming up with all kinds of stories for headlines and actual LE investigating a suspect. If people can't tell the difference, then I guess I can't help them. Most here don't speak German, so they can't watch Aktenzeichen XY, if they could, they would see and understand that it is a serious police investigation.

It’s not a conspiracy theory though as I said all the front page news is now this . We have been fed rubbish from the go on this case. The majority of the people in the UK are sick of it as no other case has ever got this amount of attention or money thrown at it all for absolutely no results. What happened was a completely tragedy but so is every case like this and yet oddly less photogenic children and family’s who are not doctors have not had the help this family got.

MOO
IMO

Exactly!

RSBM

This is what I don't understand. Why not? Why is it easier to create a narrative about the mother doing it, than create a narrative about the perp doing it?

I've been to countries where even the smallest ground floor windows have bars on them. Burglars enter homes through small windows, heck they've even used pet doors. We've all probably watched numerous TV shows where people enter or exit through small spaces. If you are thin and agile, it's not a problem, unlike middle-age detectives who are chunky and spend all their time sitting in chairs...

ETA MOO
Logically, to me, it doesn't make sense that a kidnapper would leave that window open.

He didn't climb out that window with a child. They certainly went out the door. Wouldn't he want the window closed so not to call attention to the place before he got away?

I can more easily create a narrative about the parents in this case because of the facts as we know them. I never thought they were guilty of harming Maddie. But I did wonder about some of their behavior.

And the only thing that makes sense to me right now is that they felt guilty about leaving the patio door open, and were worried about the possible consequences. That is understandable to me.

They admitted the patio door was unlocked. If the door was unlocked, then I doubt someone would climb through the window on the street side. It wasn't even very late.

It makes way more sense to me, that the perp came in and left through the unlocked door. If so, there is no reason for them to open a window. JMO

Do you think I'm 12 years old? I followed the case from the beginning as well and know the media frenzy that was going on in the beginning and then later from time to time. But I can see the difference between rumors and media coming up with all kinds of stories for headlines and actual LE investigating a suspect. If people can't tell the difference, then I guess I can't help them. Most here don't speak German, so they can't watch Aktenzeichen XY, if they could, they would see and understand that it is a serious police investigation.

So serious that they are linking him to crimes when he was 50 miles away like the other little girl yesterday? . I’m sure he was the only pedophile in that 50 mile radius as well. It’s clutching at straws. I’m sure he can be linked to even more crimes today , maybe anything within a 200 mile radius today. :rolleyes:

Moo

So serious that they are linking him to crimes when he was 50 miles away like the other little girl yesterday? . I’m sure he was the only pedophile in that 50 mile radius as well. It’s clutching at straws. I’m sure he can be linked to even more crimes today , maybe anything within a 200 mile radius today. :rolleyes:

Moo

They are investigating. You think they shouldn't? That's what is always done if cases could be linked, all over the world. Like Libby and Abby and Lyric and Elizabeth.

You can also google "Nordahl Lelandais" and what happened after he killed a 9 year old girl kidnapping her at night from a wedding celebration. And then they investigated him and found more and more cases that were not only linked to him, but there was proof as well. He even killed a grown man. He was a drug dealer too. So they shouldn't have looked into him and solve other cases as well? Never heard of serial killers?

Germany cops do some fine work :p

so he is now being linked to a 11 year old boys disappearance.

Madeleine McCann: Police link suspect to missing schoolboy, 6 | Daily Mail Online

The schoolboy went missing after running towards the sea and his family and the authorities had previously accepted René drowned in a tragic accident.

He had been running ahead of his mother and step-father during a walk on the beach. After losing sight of him, they never saw him again, with just his clothes left lying on the beach

So CB is now mythical it would seem as zero sightings of him at all as the boy was in front of the parents and yet he managed to appear out of nowhere and snatch a child without being seen by anybody on the beach and at this time it was deemed the child drowned which would be a lot more logical. But now it turns out CB breathed that day so why not try and tie him to another case.

What I found really interesting was the smiths described the man as being Gerry McCann at one point, they said they recognised him as he got off the plane carrying the twins, and they were almost certain it was Gerry they saw carrying the child the night of madeleines dissapearance...now we know Gerry was at the tapas bar. But Amaral said in a interview that this new German suspect looks a lot like Gerry also. Personally I don’t see the resemblance but ... seems strange how both of them said the same thing. Gives more weight to the original smiths sighting I think?

“... various members of the Smith family later claimed the man carrying the girl looked similar to her father, Gerry McCann”

'Smiths walked past culprit': New key to Madeleine McCann mystery
I think only one member of the family described him as looking like Gerry. The other E-fit looked nothing like him from the others. If a bit of time passed before the pictures were drawn this could have been due to all the publicity in-between.

They are investigating. You think they shouldn't? That's what is always done if cases could be linked, all over the world. Like Libby and Abby and Lyric and Elizabeth.

You can also google "Nordahl Lelandais" and what happened after he killed a 9 year old girl kidnapping her at night from a wedding celebration. And then they investigated him and found more and more cases that were not only linked to him, but there was proof as well. He even killed a grown man. He was a drug dealer too. So they shouldn't have looked into him and solve other cases as well? Never heard of serial killers?

I think this is turning into a farce and they are trying to throw mud and hope something sticks. I’m all for investigation but so far he the evidence the papers are reporting on does not match him being linked to every crime under the sun which is what is happening. Even sky news was completely baffled at how somebody can be 50 miles away from a crime scene and suddenly he is being connected to it. Like this 6 year old boy as well when he wasn’t seen anywhere near the beach and he was presumed drowned and the parents were behind the child yet now CB could of done it.

MOO

I still don’t understand the dog evidence. Eddie and Keela I think their names were. Meant to have an excellent track record. Didn’t they alert to a car hired days AFTER Madeline went missing. Video of dogs working below. Not sure if total red herring given recent news. Confused .

It’s not a conspiracy theory though as I said all the front page news is now this . We have been fed rubbish from the go on this case. The majority of the people in the UK are sick of it as no other case has ever got this amount of attention or money thrown at it all for absolutely no results. What happened was a completely tragedy but so is every case like this and yet oddly less photogenic children and family’s who are not doctors have not had the help this family got.
MOO
IMO
As to the bolded, what does that mean now? Should everyone stop trying to investigate this criminal because Maddie was pretty and her parents worked as doctors? Is that a negative thing now and should prevent any more evidence being looked at?

I still don’t understand the dog evidence. Eddie and Keela I think their names were. Meant to have an excellent track record. Didn’t they alert to a car hired days AFTER Madeline went missing. Video of dogs working below. Not sure if total red herring given recent news. Confused .

Yep and blood in the Apartment as well if I remember correctly m.

Germany cops do some fine work :p

so he is now being linked to a 11 year old boys disappearance.

Madeleine McCann: Police link suspect to missing schoolboy, 6 | Daily Mail Online

So CB is now mythical it would seem as zero sightings of him at all as the boy was in front of the parents and yet he managed to appear out of nowhere and snatch a child without being seen by anybody on the beach and at this time it was deemed the child drowned which would be a lot more logical. But now it turns out CB breathed that day so why not try and tie him to another case.
I see you are citing the Daily Mail. It seems to me possibly your issue is with the tabloid newspapers in the UK. I don't live in the UK, I must say they appall me in what kind of rubbish they publish, and how much influence, and in fact power, they seem to have. Why do people bother reading them? Why don't they read more responsible media, let the tabloids die for lack of interest? I look at the BBC and the Guardian, they aren't putting this story above others.

I live in Spain and I have the same windows and shutters and I assure you that you can in fact get in and out of the windows very easily. The upper apartments accross from us have been burgled many times using windows smaller than the ones in the MCanns bedroons. It is why most properties have iron railings.

This is actually one of the reasons I didn't trust Amaral from the beginning. Incidentally the window pane sections lift and pull out completely but that wasn't done in this case and didn't have to be as there was plenty of room to get out. I can also jimmy some of my shutters up almost half way, but they drop back down with a crash. I have tried to upload a picture of one of my windows open but the file is too large.

As to the bolded, what does that mean now? Should everyone stop trying to investigate this criminal because Maddie was pretty and her parents worked as doctors? Is that a negative thing now and should prevent any more evidence being looked at?

did I claim that in my post?

It’s pointing out the failings in our system and how unjust the system still is.

I see you are citing the Daily Mail. It seems to me possibly your issue is with the tabloid newspapers in the UK. I don't live in the UK, I must say they appall me in what kind of rubbish they publish, and how much influence, and in fact power, they seem to have. Why do people bother reading them? Why don't they read more responsible media, let the tabloids die for lack of interest? I look at the BBC and the Guardian, they aren't putting this story above others.

so you are claiming there is no truth in them linking him to the missing boy?

Here we go the Metro also reporting on it
Madeleine McCann suspect 'linked to disappearances of two children' | Metro News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592