Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying that this isn’t true but this apartment is AB’s home. This means:

1. CB left footage or photos on MM here;
2. CB left here in an acrimonious split with AB, he was thrown out;
3. The evidence was left here for 10 years;
4. In this time AB neither found, viewed nor threw out this evidence;
5. CB seemingly made no effort to recover this evidence.

I just find it unlikely that AB wouldn’t have thrown out his former lodger’s stuff who he kicked out for being a drug dealer.
IMO it’s a straightforward link. The apartment was searched, material was seized, the crime was listed as murder.

Come on Frank, you are using an implausible conspiracy theory to argue that a conspiracy theorists are paying CB’s legal bills - this is almost certainly untrue IMO.

I am also of the opinion that it’s unlikely a Jeffery Epsteinesque character is funding his fees. I don’t see how it would be in such a persons best interests to continue a connection to CB, even if he did have information on them.

I think the answer could be less mysterious. Could it be a fund based which supports the fairness of trials like the Innocence Project or one funded by the legal industry in Germany, perhaps in conjunction with public funding and a portion of the fees covered by JS and FF, or some combination of these?

ETA: does CB still own the box factory? Could he get finance against that to cover a portion of his legal fees?
I agree, the conspiracy isn’t plausible. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is some crowdfunding going on to chip-in for CB’s defence. That’s my opinion it isn’t a known fact. I highly doubt an innocence project would fund an investigation they don’t have any of the prosecution facts for. Some people dislike what HCW is saying but generally they subscribe to the same sort of theory that Amaral profited from, IMO there’s a clear bias involved. And that works both ways, people who accept that the BKA must have concrete evidence tend not to be disgruntled by what HCW says.

I genuinely stand by my comments regarding my thoughts on funding somebody like CB, regardless of reasons, excuses or rationale, it’s not something I can change my mind on.

We're discussing his legal representation, not funding him personally. And strictly speaking the thread's about the MM case, not about the others. Calm down sir

(it's a true crime forum, not a gathering of lynch mobbers)
And in doing so, donating to the defence would mean donating to CB.

I apologise for coming on strong. It’s something that really aggravates me but I shouldn’t have projected that way.

CB has a legal team who’ll be working for him in the long run, it doesn’t seem like they have any issue with funding and they do have plenty of time to formulate a defence. I think they’ll work very hard and defend him with the best of their abilities. I don’t think anybody needs to have any doubts over that.

Wrong way round. It already said Mord on the warrant, before they even started searching.
I don’t know how they fill in search reports and in what order. But you could be right, it’s quite plausible that they suspected murder before they seized this evidence because they already had witness testimony of his confession and whatever evidence they found beforehand.

I don’t know how they fill in search reports and in what order. But you could be right, it’s quite plausible that they suspected murder before they seized this evidence because they already had witness testimony of his confession and whatever evidence they found beforehand.
So they might have found nothing in the attic search? Or nothing of any great significance. Nothing with any connection to MM anyway.

And in doing so, donating to the defence would mean donating to CB.

I apologise for coming on strong. It’s something that really aggravates me but I shouldn’t have projected that way.

CB has a legal team who’ll be working for him in the long run, it doesn’t seem like they have any issue with funding and they do have plenty of time to formulate a defence. I think they’ll work very hard and defend him with the best of their abilities. I don’t think anybody needs to have any doubts over that.
I think we need to separate the MM case from the other charges. Personally I don't blame anyone for being concerned about how the investigation has been handled since 2020, and I wouldn't blame anyone for trying to avoid what they might see as a possible miscarriage of justice. The character of the accused is irrelevant Imo

I agree, the conspiracy isn’t plausible. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there is some crowdfunding going on to chip-in for CB’s defence. That’s my opinion it isn’t a known fact. I highly doubt an innocence project would fund an investigation they don’t have any of the prosecution facts for. Some people dislike what HCW is saying but generally they subscribe to the same sort of theory that Amaral profited from, IMO there’s a clear bias involved. And that works both ways, people who accept that the BKA must have concrete evidence tend not to be disgruntled by what HCW says.

I genuinely stand by my comments regarding my thoughts on funding somebody like CB, regardless of reasons, excuses or rationale, it’s not something I can change my mind on.
BBM, like everyone following the case, they know the fact that CB has been prosecuted and found guilty in the media without any trial. They might not like that.

Just imagine for a minute, if CB is innocent. Then imagine if he were someone without a criminal record. Would the prosecutor’s claims in the media still be okay?

IMO it’s a straightforward link. The apartment was searched, material was seized, the crime was listed as murder.
All Sheffield United need to do next year is win every game and they’ll win the premierships. I doubt it will be that straightforward.

All Sheffield United need to do next year is win every game and they’ll win the premierships. I doubt it will be that straightforward.
You’re thinking forward, I’m thinking back. In 2020 HCW said they found out MM was dead ‘sometime in the last 2 years’, this aligns with this search in 2018. Not nearly as much of a leap as your Sheffield United scenario, but I’ll put a few quid on it & credit you should I win.

BBM, like everyone following the case, they know the fact that CB has been prosecuted and found guilty in the media without any trial. They might not like that.

Just imagine for a minute, if CB is innocent. Then imagine if he were someone without a criminal record. Would the prosecutor’s claims in the media still be okay?
A 2 parter. The first part was around funding for somebody like CB. My view on funding people like that is irrespective of whether he’s guilty or not.
The second part, I can’t imagine CB is innocent because the German’s have announced they have concrete evidence. They’d only make that statement if they were sure. If they had a jury system I’d still think the same way but would see slightly more relevance in the counter argument you’re making.

In order for a case to be accepted by the ECHR the claimants have to first use all the remedies available to them in the legal system involved. If CB is ever tried for MM's murder, his lawyers will no doubt raise the issue of the preceding 'trial by media' at every opportunity.

So they might have found nothing in the attic search? Or nothing of any great significance. Nothing with any connection to MM anyway.
There’s an argument either way. IMO based on what they’ve said & the timing of the find, this could well be when they uncovered the material evidence. IMO it’s most likely digital evidence & they would have acquired it at at least one of the searches. JMO

You’re thinking forward, I’m thinking back. In 2020 HCW said they found out MM was dead ‘sometime in the last 2 years’, this aligns with this search in 2018. Not nearly as much of a leap as your Sheffield United scenario, but I’ll put a few quid on it & credit you should I win.
Whichever way we’re looking, coincidences happen all the time… most of the time they don’t mean anything.

You’ll get good odds on the Blades. Probably the same as CB going to trial before the end of next season.

A 2 parter. The first part was around funding for somebody like CB. My view on funding people like that is irrespective of whether he’s guilty or not.
The second part, I can’t imagine CB is innocent because the German’s have announced they have concrete evidence. They’d only make that statement if they were sure. If they had a jury system I’d still think the same way but would see slightly more relevance in the counter argument you’re making.
You don’t think the legal right to a defence should apply to people who have a criminal record? Why bother with a trial at all, just take the word of the police and prosecutors because they never get it wrong - right?

It’s been done to death but ‘concrete’ in the German legal context, just means real evidence. A witness statement qualifies. This being the case, you couldn’t imagine CB being innocent because HB says he’s not?

There’s an argument either way. IMO based on what they’ve said & the timing of the find, this could well be when they uncovered the material evidence. IMO it’s most likely digital evidence & they would have acquired it at at least one of the searches. JMO
The only images they’ve referred to are rose found at the box factory. IMO, these are the images they have.

I think we need to separate the MM case from the other charges. Personally I don't blame anyone for being concerned about how the investigation has been handled since 2020, and I wouldn't blame anyone for trying to avoid what they might see as a possible miscarriage of justice. The character of the accused is irrelevant Imo
Is there a nice way of saying, "We've investigated all the evidence available to us and it indicates that we suspect you of murder".
I really don't know where the notion comes from that out of all suspects in custody in Germany awaiting trial, this is the case that people are safeguarding as a possible miscarriage of justice.

I have never deviated from the presumption of innocence. Nor have I deviated from the fact that guilt is decided or not as the case may be, after all the evidence for and against is heard and judged in open court.

FF has been equally as vocal in the media in defence of his client. Lyall has indicated at least one occasion in which he expressed real anger. I did not see it so I'm no judge but it does smack a little of pot and kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55