Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • April 2017: The only four official suspects investigated by police are ruled out of the investigation but senior officers say they are pursuing a "significant line of inquiry"
  • November 2018: An extra £150,000 is granted to continue the investigation. It is the latest in a series of six-month extensions which take the cost of Operation Grange to an estimated £11.75m
  • March 2019: Netflix screens an eight-part documentary about Madeleine's disappearance. Her parents, who did not participate in the film, feel it could "potentially hinder" the police investigation
I wonder if the parents knew about the German suspect and worried that the documentary would harm the investigation?

The significant line of inquiry in April 2017 was likely due to the information about the German suspect.

Not meant at all with any malice - nuance is hard online!

But yes - sexual assault against a child when he was 17 and he didn’t return to serve a short sentence for that until around 2000. He remained in Germany following this and since he would’ve served where he committed the crime, I’m assuming Bavaria. One report I read said he was raised in a home there.

A couple of highlights from new "Der Spiegel" article:

- Based on documents obtained by "Der Spiegel", the presumed murderer fantasized about kidnapping and sexual abusing a child in an online chat room.
- He wrote that he "wanted to catch something small and abuse it (the child) for days".
- In response to a chat room visitor who responded that this would be a dangerous undertaking, CB responded "not if you destroy the evidence afterwards".
- Investigators are working on confirming/ruling out that CB is connected to the missing persons case of 5 year old Inga (also blond), who went missing in 2015. At the time, CB lived 90 km from where Inga was presumably abducted.
- And then it cut me off and asked me to subscribe...:oops:

Maddie McCann und der Mordverdächtige Christian B.: "Etwas Kleines einfangen und tagelang benutzen" - DER SPIEGEL - Panorama

"Lowlights" not "highlights"... Too late to edit my post....:(

I wonder if they have now disabled their account. Here’s the link to the original chap: https://twitter.com/wallyspire/status/1268300328459534340?s=21

hope this is allowed, will remove quickly if not.
I ran again the number like the tweet said. I found something.
I stored the number by "Maddie Caller" and yep, still active on Snapchat.

Note: my other contacts are redacted because they have nothing to do with the case and they don't need to receive a barrage of abusive messages when they have nothing to do with the case.
No way!

Attachments

• 3E9DD2B9-36BF-4E2B-8A18-5441055DF474.jpeg
    3E9DD2B9-36BF-4E2B-8A18-5441055DF474.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 98

Note: my other contacts are redacted because they have nothing to do with the case and they don't need to receive a barrage of abusive messages when they have nothing to do with the case.
No way!

In your opinion, do you feel it’s most likely that this is significant, or that the press have run similar checks and named an innocent snapchatter?

Someone also pointed out the numbers after the username could well be a date of birth.

In your opinion, do you feel it’s most likely that this is significant, or that the press have run similar checks and named an innocent snapchatter?
I clearly have no idea :(

ETA: Actually, the number was released by the police. It was said in MSM in this thread, in the first pages.

Someone also pointed out the numbers after the username could well be a date of birth.
Can be anything actually.

No way!

The name the guy comes up with on Twitter is the one that’s been reported in U.K. press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist