Madonna, 58, trying to adopt two 4 year old twin girls from Malawi

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Madonna is trying to adopt four-year-old twin sisters from Malawi, MailOnline can reveal.

The girls, called Stella and Esther, have lived together in an orphanage for two years.

The 58-year-old singer applied for custody of the girls at the High Court in the capital Lilongwe on Wednesday morning.

The mother-of-four could have to wait up to three weeks to find out if she has been successful."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-adopt-twin-girls-Malawi.html#ixzz4Wtgkm3LF

What do you think of this? Madonna is 58 years old which wouldn't allow her to adopt here in the U.K. 58 is not old not with people living much longer but I think it is too old to adopt two 4 year olds. In addition her son Rocco has also chosen to live with his father and was arrested for smoking Marijuana late last year.

Madonna is the world’s worst celebrity parent

http://nypost.com/2016/01/11/madonna-is-the-worlds-worst-celebrity-parent/

The diva of degradation has drawn attention to her talentless self by donning bondage gear while compulsively flashing her bare bod, staging faux self-crucifixions and swapping spit onstage with Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera in view of her then-6-year-old daughter and former husband.

And this narcissistic parental disaster is allowed to raise kids.

Fortunately, one child of Madonna’s may get away.

Run, Rocco, run!

She's known to be a strict parent with her children. They aren't allowed to plant themselves in front of a TV, they are fed fresh wholesome foods, are not fed things with sugar, they're expected to go to school and study and clean their rooms, etc.

Of course her son, Rocco, in his rebellious middle teen years hated traveling with her on tour, as well as her strictness. He wanted the much more permissive parenting of his father, who doesn't have nearly the same amount of rules.

She is far from the 'worst' celebrity parent. I'd say Drew Barrymore's and Lindsay Lohan's parents easily could compete for among the worst.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/11/madonna-is-the-worlds-worst-celebrity-parent/

Fortunately, one child of Madonna’s may get away.

Run, Rocco, run!

I'M GOING!! I'M GOING!!!!

J/K---NO relation

From the link:"Madonna's application to take home the two girls is currently undergoing a vetting procedure that looks at all aspects of her life."

Being investigated for publicly saying she's thought a lot about blowing up the White House only days before filling out the application might come back to bite her.

In a perfect world maybe these orphans would be adopted by a younger parent or parents. Couldn't they do much worse than being adopted by someone who had resources to provide for them unconditionally for the rest of their lives? Most celebs and very wealthy adoptive parents have nannies & other help in raising their children. There are personal assistants and others hired to manage every detail of their hectic lives. I doubt Madonna will be driving kids to soccer practice. At this age, if she is still willing to share her life and assets to enrich additional children, especially to the legal extent they will inherit from her, why not? I think most celebs have the outward life that makes the payroll, and a private life that is just that, private. I try not to judge.

I agree! If she adopts them they'll be set for life with everything they could possibly need. The best schools, colleges/universities, healthy food and plenty of it, the chance to travel the world and experience different cultures.

Heck, I'll put myself up for adoption for that advantage, and if "mommy Madonna" wants to prance on stages around the world wearing weird costumes and being crass to maintain relevancy, no skin off my back.

Very true, and I think she loves all her children very much. That's not to say I think she's perfect or even ideal, but I don't think children in her care will be in any kind of danger.

"Madonna is trying to adopt four-year-old twin sisters from Malawi, MailOnline can reveal.

The girls, called Stella and Esther, have lived together in an orphanage for two years.

The 58-year-old singer applied for custody of the girls at the High Court in the capital Lilongwe on Wednesday morning.

The mother-of-four could have to wait up to three weeks to find out if she has been successful."

Read more: Madonna ‘trying to adopt 4-year-old twin girls’ in Malawi

What do you think of this? Madonna is 58 years old which wouldn't allow her to adopt here in the U.K. 58 is not old not with people living much longer but I think it is too old to adopt two 4 year olds. In addition her son Rocco has also chosen to live with his father and was arrested for smoking Marijuana late last year.
These 2 girls have been in an orphanage for how many years? How many people have stepped up to adopt them? Good for her if she's willing and able.

I hardly think that being 58 or that her son's weed charge should preclude her from adopting. MOO Often males will choose to live with their father at some point after a divorce.

If the authorities vet her properly, who are we to say she shouldn't adopt? MOO

These 2 girls have been in an orphanage for how many years? How many people have stepped up to adopt them? Good for her if she's willing and able.

I hardly think that being 58 or that her son's weed charge should preclude her from adopting. MOO Often males will choose to live with their father at some point after a divorce.

If the authorities vet her properly, who are we to say she shouldn't adopt? MOO

The adoption went through (in 2017).

Read more: Madonna ‘trying to adopt 4-year-old twin girls’ in Malawi

There's quite a bit of discrimination in adoptions. They let fanatically religious nut jobs adopt all the time—evolution deniers, etc.—but they discriminate based on age.

There are plenty of reasons why Madonna probably wouldn't make the greatest mother, but age isn't one of them. I would think that her wealth would afford the children a very good life, so I would personally let her adopt as many kids as she wants to despite her idiosyncrasies. The hired help would probably end up doing most of the child rearing, but the children's upbringing would still be preferable to growing up in an orphanage in a third-world country.

I went snooping when she emerged with that odd-looking face (ik, none of my business, but honestly I swore to myself in my head when I saw that) and I got a feeling her adopted kids aren't genuinely happy.
Lourdes and Rocco (at least Rocco) look like their own people but I got a creepy feeling about the other kids. Like they are human props she's been moulding.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Mommie Dearest book being planned already.
jmo

I went snooping when she emerged with that odd-looking face (ik, none of my business, but honestly I swore to myself in my head when I saw that) and I got a feeling her adopted kids aren't genuinely happy.
Lourdes and Rocco (at least Rocco) look like their own people but I got a creepy feeling about the other kids. Like they are human props she's been moulding.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Mommie Dearest book being planned already.
jmo
Here's the thing: half the parents out there are lousy parents. Many parents out there today are helicopter parents, and kids who have parents like that lead absolutely miserable lives; they have less freedom than slaves. Still, there are no laws to prevent parents being like that.
If only ideal parents are allowed to adopt, that's holding prospective adoptive parents to a much higher standard than biological parents. Anyone with no criminal record who isn't terminally ill should be allowed to adopt, in my opinion. I would exclude smokers from adopting before I would exclude anyone based on age.

Madonna 'on the road to recovery' following recent hospitalization

Updated: JUL 10, 2023 / 04:08 PM CDT

Madonna issued a message to fans for the first time since being hospitalized for a “serious bacterial infection” in June.

“Thank you for your positive energy, prayers and words of healing and encouragement. I have felt your love. I’m on the road to recovery and incredibly grateful for all the blessings in my life,” her post on Instagram read.

She posted her message Monday morning, a little over two weeks after she was hospitalized for the infection.

For Madonna, having her kids on tour has been particularly meaningful. She says the infection that almost killed her has made her understand the importance of her relationships with her children.

Paying tribute to them on Instagram, she said: 'You can get caught up in the needs of your children and the seemingly endless giving. But when the chips were down, my children showed up for me. It made all the difference.'

On stage in Antwerp this week, the singer reiterated how illness had brought the maternal relationship into focus and paid tribute to her mother, who died when Madonna was just five.

'Less than four months ago, I was in the hospital and unconscious and people were thinking that I might not make it,' she said. 'My mother, God bless her, she must be watching over me. She said, "Girl, it's not your time to go." I suddenly had sympathy for my mother, not about the dying part but how lonely she must have felt being in hospital, knowing that she wasn't going to live.

'I was given another chance, so I'm very grateful for that.'

But while her mother was just 30 when she died, the singer has done most of her own mothering in her 40s and beyond. She was 38 when Lourdes was born, and 58 when she adopted Stella and Estere.

Poignant reason Madonna is happy to be upstaged by her children

Madonna, 65, becomes ONLY woman to have SIX tours gross over $100MIL... joining echelon that includes The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, U2 and The Eagles​

UPDATED: 20:28 EDT, 9 May 2024

Madonna has now become the only woman ever to have six tours that grossed over $100 million each at the box office.

The 65-year-old's Celebration Tour, which was delayed because of her life-threatening health crisis last year, turned out to be a thunderous financial triumph.

Her run of 80 live concerts sold 1.1 million tickets to the tune of $225.4 million in revenue, per the tally by Billboard Boxscore.

Full article at link...

Who needs love when you have money? There's a lot more to raising a healthy, happy kid than money.
You made me laugh "who needs love when you have money?" That is a good one and in some cases may be true!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back