Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not picking on your ideas personally, really, am not, BUT:

After spending a month or so learning, reading, and watching about commercial aircraft crashing, the routes do not seem suspect. An emergency, no ability to contact, loss of control, then the giant plane begins an odd spiral route. I could be totally wrong, and I know that. I am talking large commercial and heavy flights, not personal and smaller planes that - via physics - do something completely different and faster. But what do I know?

Again, not picking on you, or anyone. Just saying, we will not know until we know, and I would like to hear from a pilot of a fully loaded down 777 that actually landed before I can understand.

A crow, a sparrow, and a duck do not fly the same... Much like the Ford truck, the Chevy truck, and the Hyundai do not ride the same...

The crow, sparrow and duck are all guided by and have to abide by the rules and laws of aerodynamics.

:twocents:

Re-creating it would be a great idea, but :razz:

If the last comm was at IGREX?, the last known satt ping was at 8:11am, so really, it could be anywhere inside that corridor?

I am trying to make logical sense of where it could be. I'm not 100% sold it is where they are searching.

I think the search area stems from all the known (not to the public) knowledge. Too much at risk not to be.

{Whatever that means is beyond my simple understanding. I do know that nothing is static, it is more than videos can show. That part of the ocean really is beyond it's folk tales scary, hence the lack or not lack of 'coverage'.}

I don't think so..

The Transponder was turned off at 1:21am, 2 mins after the final communication

But in regards to ACARS...I don't think we know WHEN it was turned off

What we know is that ACARS sent out a communication at 1:07am, it was due to send it's next communication 30 mins later at 1:37am...but that did not happen.

Right.
All we know about ACARS is that it was disabled sometime between 1:07 and 1:37...it's possible it was turned off at the same time as the transponder though.

Do we know that for sure now? They kept waffling on that and I never heard a definitive answer.

I'm basing it on this, I will try to find more to back that up.
----------------------------------------
Saturday, March 8, 2014

12.41am: Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, a Boeing 777-200ER jetliner carrying 239 people, takes off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing.

1.07am: Last transmission from the plane through the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits key information on a plane’s condition, based on information which emerged later.

Between 1.07am and 1.37am: ACARS was manually switched off. The next transmission expected at 1.37am did not take place.

1.19am: Last pilot communication with air traffic control. An apparently relaxed final voice communication – “All right, good night” - comes from the cockpit, as the plane passes from Malaysian to Vietnamese air traffic control over the South China Sea. The airline said on March 17 that initial investigations indicate that it was co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid speaking.

So, ACARS was turned off between 1:07 and 1:37, and last communication was at 1:19, then the transponder switched off at 1:21am

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...ne-events-flight-mh370-2#sthash.PjnFYZxG.dpuf

The crow, sparrow and duck are all guided by and have to abide by the rules and laws of aerodynamics.

So are aircraft, with motors.

There is a huge difference in each type of aircraft as to how they fly.

Most importantly!!! How they glide by body build and weight, especially if there are no functioning engines. :)

Physics, applies to all in the Earth's atmosphere. That includes airplanes. :)

Space flights apply different physic ideas and does not have anything to do with this (or any other) aircraft crash. Spacecraft break the Earth's atmosphere, and other laws of physics apply. :)

I think there are some missing pieces of info that we do not know.

I have noticed that no-one has ever said whether or not Australia had sighted MH370 (or an unidentified plane that corresponded with Inmarsat's ping data) on our radar. It sounds to me like we are just not going to be told that particular missing piece of info.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ar-australia-says-analyst-20140317-hvjjw.html MARCH 17, 2014

Professor Ball said the reach of Australia's powerful Jindalee over-the-horizon radar is 3000km and could be expected to have picked up the Boeing 777 jet as it traversed Indonesia on any southern route.

However, whether Jindalee, which targets beyond northern Australia, could precisely identify the plane is another matter, as it would have appeared as "just a dot on the screen", said Professor Ball.

Right.
All we know about ACARS is that it was disabled sometime between 1:07 and 1:37...it's possible it was turned off at the same time as the transponder though.

Yes, that would make sense. If there was a mechanical failure at 1:21am all electronics could of been turned off.

Can something catastrophic occur within 2 minutes of last words to cause the pilots to disable the electronics? Transponder, ACARS.

Who provides ACARS? Rolls Royce? My understanding is MA is not paying a fee for more detailed data uploads, RR could not get this information? Or did they?

So are aircraft, with motors.

There is a huge difference in each type of aircraft as to how they fly.

Most importantly!!! How they glide by body build and weight, if there are no functioning engines. :)

So If I understand you correctly, and I'm not picking on you, really I'm not but a triple 7 flew/glided without engines for 7 hours?

I'm basing it on this, I will try to find more to back that up.
----------------------------------------
Saturday, March 8, 2014

12.41am: Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, a Boeing 777-200ER jetliner carrying 239 people, takes off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport for Beijing.

1.07am: Last transmission from the plane through the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS), which transmits key information on a plane’s condition, based on information which emerged later.

Between 1.07am and 1.37am: ACARS was manually switched off. The next transmission expected at 1.37am did not take place.

1.19am: Last pilot communication with air traffic control. An apparently relaxed final voice communication – “All right, good night” - comes from the cockpit, as the plane passes from Malaysian to Vietnamese air traffic control over the South China Sea. The airline said on March 17 that initial investigations indicate that it was co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid speaking.

So, ACARS was turned off between 1:07 and 1:37, and last communication was at 1:19, then the transponder swiched off at 1:21am

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...ne-events-flight-mh370-2#sthash.PjnFYZxG.dpuf

bbm
Perhaps you should edit that to the correct final words from the cockpit..
"Goodnight Malaysian Three Seven Zero"

Do we know if the turn happened before or after "all right good night" or "Goodnight Malaysian Three Seven Zero"?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...ar-australia-says-analyst-20140317-hvjjw.html MARCH 17, 2014

Professor Ball said the reach of Australia's powerful Jindalee over-the-horizon radar is 3000km and could be expected to have picked up the Boeing 777 jet as it traversed Indonesia on any southern route.

However, whether Jindalee, which targets beyond northern Australia, could precisely identify the plane is another matter, as it would have appeared as "just a dot on the screen", said Professor Ball.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if we saw that dot on the screen during the relevant time period? I don't think they are going to tell us though. :sigh:

So If I understand you correctly, and I'm not picking on you, really I'm not but a triple 7 flew/glided without engines for 7 hours?

Go back a few pages to my question of parts.

I never said it glided for 7 hours.

Parts can drop, in a turbulent ocean, and be tossed for that long.

(Hacking is out right now in my mind, but not entirely. Don't know what sort of L.E. you are, but you would understand the hacking ability depending. As most on this board do, not just those that follow Fed cases.)

Better yet, who is saying what, that is the question in a multi billion $ issue. ;)

bbm
Perhaps you should edit that to the correct final words from the cockpit..
"Goodnight Malaysian Three Seven Zero"

:blushing: Yes, I recently found a more precise timeline, that indicated ACARS was turned off before last communcation.

Maybe i'm just going more :scared:

Do we know if the turn happened before or after "all right good night" or "Goodnight Malaysian Three Seven Zero"?

After the final communication with Malaysian ATC 1:19am and after the transponder was turned off at 1:21am

Looks like it would be possible to just hit waypoint VAMPI and head across tip of India and to the Middle East.

I'd be suspicious of the cargo and the two stolen passports/passengers. Didn't Interpol verify/validate the two? By Interpol in Tehran?

Good question! Everything is so muddled up... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member