Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that those on board had no time to realize what happened. Hoping it occurred very very quickly and no one experienced any pain.

Prayers for every family of every passenger and the crew, as well as whatever country they are from.

I also pray for peace.

First Ukraine sepratists admitted they were trying to shoot down a Ukrain military supply jet.

Now we know it was this Malaysia Airlines.

Now the sepratists are denying they shot the airline down and blaming the Ukraine government.

humph
fran

First Ukraine sepratists admitted they were trying to shoot down a Ukrain military supply jet.

Now the sepratists are denying they shot the airline down and blaming the Ukraine government.

humph
fran

What the rebels say is that they don't have the capabilities to shoot down the plane flying that high.

I did not follow 370 as close as many of you , for sure. But , at that time, I was following Russia/Ukraine/Crimea pretty closely . When 370 disappeared after a few days of no news, I did wonder if they could be related. Not knowing really how things operate over there, I could not figure out the how, why, when, who of it. So I didn't put a lot of thought into it. Today, however, I am sure they are related. I 'm wondering could Malaysia be helping one side or the other? Could both planes have been carrying personnel, supplies, intelligence, weaponry? I don't know which side it would be but it's all I can come up with now. Maybe Malaysia is a ' silent partner' to one side or the other and does not want their other friends , allies and / or enemies to know , so they have been secretly trying to aid one side or the other in the Russia/ Ukraine conflict.

Strange days , my friends !

Rebels say they don't have the capability to shoot down the plane flying that high.

Pictures of the missiles that could do it, right there in Ukraine, are being posted all over twitter. Who they belong too though, I don't know.

humph
fran

I have no words that won't get me banned.

:eek:verreaction:

My prayers continue for every life lost, and those they left behind. This event has the potential to effect us all on a global scale, depending on how our respective governments decide to respond.

I hope things don't escalate.

Forgive me, I just can't find the words right now.

:praying:

#PrayForMH17

#PrayForTheWorld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Fasten your seatbelt. Pilot Parker is ready for his next adventure.'

Last tweet by Malaysian Aircraft.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search/gallery?q=malaysian airlines&s=typd&idx=4&tid=489804662816903168

Pic from FB user today in Amsterdam: 'In case it disappears, this is what it looks like' #MH17 Malaysian Airlines pic.twitter.com/VtIW5V3OGd

https://mobile.twitter.com/chmeredith/status/489809329173065728
https://www.facebook.com/cor.pan.7?fref=ts

What the rebels say is that they don't have the capabilities to shoot down the plane flying that high.

The link I posted earlier (LA Times) says it was flying at 33,000 feet, can ground-based missles shoot up that high?

"Even in the face of all of this diplomacy that has been going on, and very high level efforts by us, and key members of the European Union - notably France, Germany and the UK - over the the past month the flow of heavy weapons and support for separatists from Russia has actually increased.

"You will have seen on social media over the last week convoys of Russian tanks, armoured personnel carriers, infantry combat vehicles, grad rocket launchers, howitzers, self-propelled mortars, flowing into Ukraine. On 14 July the Ukrainian's lost an AN-26 transport jet which was shot down from an altitude of 21,000 feet with eight crew onboard. And only very sophisticated weapons systems would be able to reach this height."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/17/malaysia-airlines-plane-crashes-ukraine-live

Tweet from @channel4news

@Channel4News: Following crash of Malaysia airlines plane Lufthansa airline confirms it will now avoid east Ukranian airspace w immediate effect. #c4news

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The link I posted earlier (LA Times) says it was flying at 33,000 feet, can ground-based missles shoot up that high?
Yes. The anti-aircraft missles that are being supplied by Russia can go to 72,000 feet (according to a CBS report a little bit ago)

I did not follow 370 as close as many of you , for sure. But , at that time, I was following Russia/Ukraine/Crimea pretty closely . When 370 disappeared after a few days of no news, I did wonder if they could be related. Not knowing really how things operate over there, I could not figure out the how, why, when, who of it. So I didn't put a lot of thought into it. Today, however, I am sure they are related. I 'm wondering could Malaysia be helping one side or the other? Could both planes have been carrying personnel, supplies, intelligence, weaponry? I don't know which side it would be but it's all I can come up with now. Maybe Malaysia is a ' silent partner' to one side or the other and does not want their other friends , allies and / or enemies to know , so they have been secretly trying to aid one side or the other in the Russia/ Ukraine conflict.

Strange days , my friends !

I followed 370 and often thought how convenient that the world stopped watching what Putin was doing because they were busy wondering what happened with 370. My gut says something is going on too. That or it's one heck of a HUGE coincidence. I for sure would be canceling any flight on Malaysian airlines right now, they are going to go bankrupt.

Who would be Malaysia's allies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The US has been their most important ally since the 1980's according to a Google search.

Would PARKER be a common name for a Malaysian Pilot ? Or is that a nickname off of some show or movie or something?

No, it would not be common nor a nickname for most - my opinion - unless he happened to be a Christian Malaysian, from the UK/Australia/etc. living in or a citizen of Malaysia. Due to their hiring practices, most would have Arabic names.

I followed 370 and often thought how convenient that the world stopped watching what Putin was doing because they were busy wondering what happened with 370. My gut says something is going on too. That or it's one heck of a HUGE coincidence. I for sure would be canceling any flight on Malaysian airlines right now, they are going to go bankrupt.

I am a big follower of international things , military etc. and also a big giant fan of conspiracy theories of all kinds :) :) and one thing conspiracy theorists and avid followers of politics all agree on ........ there are NO coincidences. So when you find yourself saying ' wow , what are the odds?' , it's time to back up and re evaluate. Something else is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti