Man, 32, dies after winning live roach-eating contest in Florida

Yuck!
Wonder if he swallowed the roaches whole and didn't chew them? Roaches might have caused internal bleeding...or a allergic reaction like tsvicki said.
I was thinking the same! Or he didn't chew it enough to kill it and it crawled
back up his esophagus and ended up (inhaled into) in his airway?

YUCK!!! I can't even begin to imagine how people decide this is a 'good' idea. And an employee said this happens 'all the time', as dares? :notgood:

I've never eaten/almost eaten a roach, my closest experience was having an enormous one (I'm in Australia, so these things are HUGE) fly into my hair and get all tangled up when I was a child. So horrifying, and definitely enough to cement my fear of all things creepy and crawly for the rest of my life.

Very curious as to how the poor man died though... seeing as it wasn't the 'food'.

In any case, may you RIP Edward. Such a horrible way to die. :(

Hey in certain parts of the world it's mighty fine eating...shiver...chock full of protein. Someone would have to wrap mine in a quarter pound of bacon and offer a brand new Acura or something just for trying to do it

I never ate one, never almost ate one....may have smoked a few back in the day ( I did NOT inhale ;) )

Hey in certain parts of the world it's mighty fine eating...shiver...chock full of protein. Someone would have to wrap mine in a quarter pound of bacon and offer a brand new Acura or something just for trying to do it

I never ate one, never almost ate one....may have smoked a few back in the day ( I did NOT inhale ;) )

I presume they are not alive when eaten. This guy was eating live roaches. I am looking forward to finding out what killed him.

There’s not enough money, booze, or drugs to make me want to eat a live roach(es). There’s time enough for eating bugs when I’m dead. On second thought, I’ll be cremated so no roaches for me.

when my daughter was little...not even 2 years old yet. we lived in a dive of a house. i went in one morning to get her out of her crib and she holds up a half a roach. don't know what happened to the other half don't want to know. talk about freaking out!!

I guess the morale of the story is: don't eat live roaches even if somebody promises you a chance at winning a python.
Reminds me of that woman who died because she drunk too much water (water poisoning) to win some contest.

Yuck!
Wonder if he swallowed the roaches whole and didn't chew them? Roaches might have caused internal bleeding...or a allergic reaction like tsvicki said.

He suffocated on roach body parts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back