Man arrested after boy, nine, dies in Brixham, UK

JMLx

Reaction score

A 47-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of child neglect by police investigating the death of a nine-year-old boy.
Officers were called to Glenmore Road, Brixham, on Sunday evening after a report a man and child, who appeared unwell, had been walking in the area.
Emergency services attended an address nearby where first aid was given to the child before he was taken to hospital.
"The nine-year-old boy was later confirmed deceased," the force said.
The boy's next of kin have been informed.
Police said the death was currently being treated as "unexplained" and inquiries were ongoing.
The 47-year-old man remained in police custody, the force said.

The boy's next of kin have been informed.
SBMFF

If his next of kin was informed, who, or what, was the man arrested to the boy? "Friend"? Abductor? I suppose he could be family even if NOK was notified.

1706563204058.png
What I find puzzling is if the boy was visibly looking unwell, and died shortly after, why in the world would the man walk around in public him? That only draws (and drew) attention to the fact there was a serious issue there.

Police probe 'unexplained' death of boy, 9, in Brixham​

Man, 47, arrested on suspicion of child neglect​

Detective Inspector Jen Rose said: “I’m appealing to hear from for anyone who was in Drew Street, Penn Lane, Castor Road, Greenswood Road and Bolton Street between 5pm and 7pm and may have witnessed the incident.

“We believe that there were members of the public who attempted to speak to the man and child.

“I’d urge anyone who hasn’t yet spoken to police, anyone who has footage of any kind, including dashcam, mobile phone and doorbell footage to please get in touch.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting lo 580 of 28 January

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll
Back