Maricopa Jane Doe Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, Teresa, I beg to differ. :)

I'm from the Midwest, specifically Chicago, and we most certainly have an accent. People from Wisconsin have a distinct dialect. People from Minnesota have their own dialect. I just came back from a trip to Iowa and they have a slight country drawl to their speech patterns. I've been to Kansas and can say there are differences in the AMOUNT of accent in their dialects, but there is most certainly an accent there....

Here's a very interesting article on dialect: http://www.pbs.org/speak/seatosea/americanvarieties/midwest/

ETA: On the Chicago accent, even different sides of the city have their own accents! The majority of north siders pronounce "Chicago" as "Chi-CAW-go" while most south siders pronounce "Chicago" as "Chi-CA-go"... Go figure.

I agree... and us suburbanites have a slightly different accent as well. ( I pronounce Chicago like a northsider... hee hee... )

still catching up on todays posts.

Excellent work everyone! I'm ecstatic about the information from the car dealer as well as ABC contacting witnesses! Hopefully MJD will get some more media exposure!

I'm a little concerned about RA's change of recollections. she now has a different recollection. Initially I understood the police report mentioning RA's statement as "the guy who brought the girls from back east who was on the news"- which LE confirmed was KTL. Did she mistake another similiar guy who looks like KTL and also was known for trafficking girls from back east? I am trying to make the best of this change of recollections 9 years later.... Also trying to understand why she would not have mentioned this sooner given the info we have learned about her. Is it possible at that time she was unaware the girl was still unidentified? Either way, believe, awesome to send the letter out! whoo hoo!

I've been a bit under the weather and was in the hospital for about 5 days.. still recouping and trying to keep up here as best I can.. hoping to be back in full swing soon.

Glad to see so much progress!

Excellent work everyone! I'm ecstatic about the information from the car dealer as well as ABC contacting witnesses! Hopefully MJD will get some more media exposure!

I'm a little concerned about RA's change of recollections. she now has a different recollection. Initially I understood the police report mentioning RA's statement as "the guy who brought the girls from back east who was on the news"- which LE confirmed was KTL. Did she mistake another similiar guy who looks like KTL and also was known for trafficking girls from back east? I am trying to make the best of this change of recollections 9 years later.... Also trying to understand why she would not have mentioned this sooner given the info we have learned about her. Is it possible at that time she was unaware the girl was still unidentified? Either way, believe, awesome to send the letter out! whoo hoo!

I've been a bit under the weather and was in the hospital for about 5 days.. still recouping and trying to keep up here as best I can.. hoping to be back in full swing soon.

Glad to see so much progress!

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Cubby, and I sincerely hope you're feeling better! IIRC, it was was the car salesman who originally said he saw the dude arguing with the girls on the street that day on the news. Robyn (Robin) was the one who said she thought MJD's name was Cory or Carrie. It's going on 10 years, so it's understandable that memories are a little murky. I also do not believe that anyone involved in the original investigation thought that it would go this long without an identification. I'm willing to bet that Alonzo and Lindsey are cursing that day even now - because until our little MJD is identified, this will never go away. And I don't believe it's over for them - yet. IMO

Well I sure hope we can find out what kind of an accent MJD had Because I am sure we will be able to ID her once we know that :)

Well I sure hope we can find out what kind of an accent MJD had Because I am sure we will be able to ID her once we know that :)

Well, not necessarily. I was born in the NW and moved to Nevada when I was a kid. I got teased plenty for some of my own inflections once in Nevada. However.....my accent was not NW'ern but I think because both of my folks were from the midwest. Whatever dialect I had was not from the northwest, but from the midwest, even though I never lived in the midwest!

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Cubby, and I sincerely hope you're feeling better! IIRC, it was was the car salesman who originally said he saw the dude arguing with the girls on the street that day on the news. Robyn (Robin) was the one who said she thought MJD's name was Cory or Carrie. It's going on 10 years, so it's understandable that memories are a little murky. I also do not believe that anyone involved in the original investigation thought that it would go this long without an identification. I'm willing to bet that Alonzo and Lindsey are cursing that day even now - because until our little MJD is identified, this will never go away. And I don't believe it's over for them - yet. IMO

I agree.
Thank you Fairy1, yes I am feeling much better.
I went back to the LE report and it was RA who said she was certain that Cory or Carla's pimp was that guy who was busted from bringing back minors from back east. She was sure of it and would testify in court.

It leads me to a few questions. Was RA interviewed more than once? Thinking back to the Palatine Browns Chicken murders, it was 10 years before anyone talked. With the attention this case is currently getting, I would not be surprised if people who were hesitant to talk almost a decade ago would be much more willing to talk now. Just a gut feeling. Too many eyes on this thing now......

I'm praying 2008 is the year MJD gets her name back.

Another thought, if the pimp that RA mentioned and LE interviewed said yes he knew her, but did not remember her name, he should remember where the heck he picked her up right? Certainly LE didn't just ask what her name was.... Did he cooberate (sp?) the Wichita link?

I feel as if we are making strides here folks!

Another thought, if the pimp that RA mentioned and LE interviewed said yes he knew her, but did not remember her name, he should remember where the heck he picked her up right? Certainly LE didn't just ask what her name was.... Did he cooberate (sp?) the Wichita link?

I feel as if we are making strides here folks!

I firmly believe at least one of those guys - ADC or KL - knows her name and exactly where she came from. Probably LDJ as well. IMO - they ALL just didn't want to implicate themselves in why she was in AZ or how she left that car. There is much more to this than who she is. Alonzo and Lipsey are both incarcerated now. Clearly, they haven't figured out how to "straighten up and fly right." IMO - they both still have much to lose with regard to MJD.

Just my opinion here, but I think Lindsey may have been driving, not Alonzo. The driver's seat position in the photos doesn't look like a setting for someone 5'11". The seat and steering wheel position look the same as I had mine set, (same car) and I'm only 5'3".:waitasec:

Just my opinion here, but I think Lindsey may have been driving, not Alonzo. The driver's seat position in the photos doesn't look like a setting for someone 5'11". The seat and steering wheel position look the same as I had mine set, (same car) and I'm only 5'3".:waitasec:

Good point-per your last communication with LE Alonzo will shortly be back in Maricopa, correct?

I am begging one of you with LE contacts to make sure that MJD's prints are in AFIS-I keep going around and around about this in my head...what if her prints were only checked locally????

You must be joking, right? Because I could really see where that could come in handy to help pinpoint the region of the country she came from.... :rolleyes:

I heard back from some of the Kansas State Agencies-THEY feel CERTAIN that if she is a runaway foster care child or street child, they will be able to ID her....trying not to hope too much but OH MY LAND. They said it will take them probably until next week to comb the archives and they will call me if they need photos of her, but their employees have been around since PRIOR to 1998, and will undoubtedly know her...GULP.

I heard back from some of the Kansas State Agencies-THEY feel CERTAIN that if she is a runaway foster care child or street child, they will be able to ID her....trying not to hope too much but OH MY LAND. They said it will take them probably until next week to comb the archives and they will call me if they need photos of her, but their employees have been around since PRIOR to 1998, and will undoubtedly know her...GULP.

Let's hope for all hope that she was a foster care runaway and they've got her in their archives! :)

Good job, Believe, and to everyone else that's helped work this case so far!!! :clap:

Was this the first mention of Kansas for MJD? I could have sworn there was a past reference to Kansas before in this case..... Also, wasn't there a mention of another county in Arizona, IIRC?

I've been thinking, maybe it wasn't KANSAS, per se.... Maybe she said KANSAS CITY and RA/RW interpreted it as Kansas. There is also a Kansas City, MISSOURI, so we shouldn't limit the search to Kansas specifically. This may be the link to "Kansas City Slim"........

Was this the first mention of Kansas for MJD? I could have sworn there was a past reference to Kansas before in this case..... Also, wasn't there a mention of another county in Arizona, IIRC?

Mojave.....

Yeah I was working on the Kansas City area around the middle of July....

I had contacted Veronicas Voice and the lady that runs the place offered to assist us in any way.

See her response below....

Which reminds me I really need to check back in with her.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can ask of her.....

Here is the original info I posted on thread 6

I found Kansas City is a Big Hotspot and I sent a email off to a place called veronicas voice in Kansas City

it is ran by former prostitutes from there and I asked about the name KC SLim or Kansas City Slim to see if would jog any memories hoefully they will get back to me...

Veronicas Voice

is named in remembrance of Veronica April Neverdusky. Veronica was 21 years old in 1993 when she was found murdered in Penn Valley ...

Veronica's Voice partners with prostituted women in the Kansas City metropolitan community to encourage them to choose lifestyle changes, ..

http://www.veronicasvoice.org/

Former sex workers provide non-judgemental support and services for women and girls that are currently or have been involved in the sex industry

GOOD NEWS I heard back from the lady the runs Veronica's Voice in Kansas City here is her reply WHHOOOO HOOO

Phenolred,
I would be glad to help in any way possible. Do you have a photo of Lipsey? Do you think she could have been murdered by a trick? You may send anything you feel would be helpful. Can you also send me more information on how to reach you as well as who you work for. Thank you for caring about this young girl’s dignity.
Sincerely,
Kristy Childs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members