Max's back injuries

What happened to Max's back? Your thoughts.

• Planking in stairway

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Grabbed chandelier to swing

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Slide down the banister

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Ride scooter in stairway/landing area

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other kids involved

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
XZ could reveal what really happened to Max Shacknai while under Rebecca's care. The truth about what happened to Max and why Rebecca really committed suicide needs to be revealed.

Reinvestigating both deaths would accomplish that. Lawsuits that bankrupt victims is a despicable way to go.

If Dina is considering such a thing, it reflects very poorly on her and would make most people question her sanity. If she wants to do this, she's seriously mentally ill.

XZ could reveal what really happened to Max Shacknai while under Rebecca's care. The truth about what happened to Max and why Rebecca really committed suicide needs to be revealed.

Since the SDPD refuses to open an investigation, it seems to be Dina's only chance at the truth for Max and herself.

JMO

Since the SDPD refuses to open an investigation, it seems to be Dina's only chance at the truth for Max and herself.

JMO

Quite the opposite, actually. Dina should follow the example of Rebecca's family and ask the AG to reinvestigate Max's death. Her pursuit of new information is misguided at best. Her petition to the CA state legislature is also a fruitless effort. State legislative bodies only pass laws and approve budgets, its the state attorney general who has the power to pursue criminal investigations.

Her actions are highly unusual. In the case of appealing to SDSO, they were destined to fail. In the case of a civil suit against Rebecca's family, her actions would be bizarre and sadistic. Maybe she needs some psychiatric counseling before she does herself or others further harm.

Quite the opposite, actually. Dina should follow the example of Rebecca's family and ask the AG to reinvestigate Max's death. Her pursuit of new information is misguided at best. Her petition to the CA state legislature is also a fruitless effort. State legislative bodies only pass laws and approve budgets, its the state attorney general who has the power to pursue criminal investigations.

Her actions are highly unusual. In the case of appealing to SDSO, they were destined to fail. In the case of a civil suit against Rebecca's family, her actions would be bizarre and sadistic. Maybe she needs some psychiatric counseling before she does herself or others further harm.

I read the letter the AG's office sent to Jonah when they declined to review RZ's case. They have very narrow parameters for launching such an investigation. They certainly have not launched an investigation because of the request from RZ's family so I can certainly see why Dina's attorney wouldn't waste the paper.

JMO

I read the letter the AG's office sent to Jonah when they declined to review RZ's case. They have very narrow parameters for launching such an investigation. They certainly have not launched an investigation because of the request from RZ's family so I can certainly see why Dina's attorney wouldn't waste the paper.

JMO

Actually, Jonah didn't request a review of the case. He requested, and the AG's office responded to, a review of SDSO and how they may have been influenced in handling the case.

Jonah did not request a review of the case itself.

Jonah Shacknai, the California millionaire whose son died in an accident and whose long-time girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, died in a mysterious hanging, has asked the California attorney general to review the investigation of their deaths.

Further investigation would be helpful in "bringing some clarity, dignity, and ultimately closure to the devastating deaths," Shacknai wrote in a letter sent to the attorney general Monday and obtained by ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-de...gation-rebecca/story?id=14562097#.UH8gF0J9lUM

Jonah's letter

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/page/letter-jonah-shacknai-california-attorney-general-14563347

It clearly states that he accepts the findings of the SDSO and Coronado PD's investigation.

"I was and continue to be persuaded that the announced conclusions were sound, scientific and supported by a thorough and competent investigation."

"To be clear, I have no reason to doubt the San Diego and Coronado authorities' findings and I remain appreciative of their professionalism and deddication throughout this process."

and here's the money quote:

"I would respectfully ask that you undertake to evaluate the investigatory methods and conclusions of the San Diego and Coronado authorities in this case."

He did not ask them to reopen the investigation, only to evaluate the investigators.

That is why the AG's office responded as they did, stating that there was no evidence offered of misconduct, conflicts of interest, etc. on the part of those conducting the investigation.

IMHO, it seems to be an attempt to make it appear he was asking for the case to be reopned when, in fact, he didn't.

Actually, Jonah didn't request a review of the case. He requested, and the AG's office responded to, a review of SDSO and how they may have been influenced in handling the case.

Jonah did not request a review of the case itself.

Betty, I agree that Jonah asked for a review of the investigation therefore that is the same as asking for a review of sdso and how they handled the case. It was clearly stated and has been commented on in the context that you stated by many others.

I don't know that anyone interpreted this as a request for a re-investigation or even a case review so to speak.

I recall that there was much criticism of his action here because it appeared to be a thinly veiled PR move to give the appearance that he questioned the findings. However, when his wording was examined it clearly stated that he agreed with the sdso conclusions and therefore he cancelled out his own request to review the sdso's investigation in the very same letter.

Jonah's letter

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/page/letter-jonah-shacknai-california-attorney-general-14563347

It clearly states that he accepts the findings of the SDSO and Coronado PD's investigation.

and here's the money quote:

"I would respectfully ask that you undertake to evaluate the investigatory methods and conclusions of the San Diego and Coronado authorities in this case."

The word "conclusions" is the money quote. Evaluate the "conclusions".

That is asking for a REVIEW of the case, IMO.

BBM

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The California attorney general denied a pharmaceutical tycoon's request to review a finding that his girlfriend killed herself by binding her wrists and ankles and hanging herself naked from a balcony at his historic mansion, according to a letter released Thursday.

The office of Attorney General Kamala Harris said it reviews cases for limited reasons, including allegations of gross misconduct by investigators, a clear conflict of interest or if a local law enforcement agency lacks resources or requests help.

The California AG obviously thought there was no misconduct by the SDSO and the other agencies involved in Rebecca Zahau's death. JMO

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15527592/state-attorney-general?clienttype=printable

Rebecca's teenage sister., XZ. And because she is the only person alive that might know what really happened to Max. IMO

IIRC, I thought you believed the LE agencies involved did a thorough investigation? LE interviewed XZ, a statement and an audio exist. Do you not believe LE performed a thorough investigative interview with XZ?

The word "conclusions" is the money quote. Evaluate the "conclusions".

That is asking for a REVIEW of the case, IMO.

BBM

SAN DIEGO (AP) — The California attorney general denied a pharmaceutical tycoon's request to review a finding that his girlfriend killed herself by binding her wrists and ankles and hanging herself naked from a balcony at his historic mansion, according to a letter released Thursday.

The office of Attorney General Kamala Harris said it reviews cases for limited reasons, including allegations of gross misconduct by investigators, a clear conflict of interest or if a local law enforcement agency lacks resources or requests help.

The California AG obviously thought there was no misconduct by the SDSO and the other agencies involved in Rebecca Zahau's death. JMO

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15527592/state-attorney-general?clienttype=printable

You just proved my point, thanks. Kamala Harris turned down Jonah's request because he didn't present any evidence of conflicts of interest or misconduct. Neither Jonah's letter nor Harris's response discussed a review of the evidence or conclusions of case itself.

That's why the AG is still considering Bremner's request to reinvestigate.

IIRC, I thought you believed the LE agencies involved did a thorough investigation? LE interviewed XZ, a statement and an audio exist. Do you not believe LE performed a thorough investigative interview with XZ?

Rebecca's death was investigated by SDSO, and other agencies. I completely agree with their finding of suicide. I find the evidence overwhelmingly supports that.

Max's death was investigated by CDO. The day after the accident, doctors suspected foul play and the "main suspect" committed suicide before Child Protective Services could question her, and the detective on the case could question her. So, no, I don't agree with their findings because the only adult there killed herself before she could be questioned further.

JMO

You just proved my point, thanks. Kamala Harris turned down Jonah's request because he didn't present any evidence of conflicts of interest or misconduct. Neither Jonah's letter nor Harris's response discussed a review of the evidence or conclusions of case itself.

That's why the AG is still considering Bremner's request to reinvestigate.

But the Zahaus were saying that the investigation was "closed in a hurry" and that the police never considered murder. That is "misconduct". Obviously, the AG did not find any misconduct with the case.

But the Zahaus were saying that the investigation was "closed in a hurry" and that the police never considered murder. That is "misconduct". Obviously, the AG did not find any misconduct with the case.

The Zahau's don't appear to be interested in revenge or punishing SDSO, they seem to only want the investigation re-opened and the cause of death reviewed by independent experts. It's a different approach - finding all the facts instead of simply trying to extract revenge against SDSO.

The Ag never considered Jonah's request because his letter stated that it was not necessary to consider it. In essence he negated his request that a review be done when he stated that he agreed with the review that was done. He wanted it to look like he was doing something but he really didn't do or say anything except please review the investigation even though I personally agree with it. Zero in equal zero out. There really was nothing for the AG to consider.

Now let's talk about Bremner's request who is really asking that an investigation be done and has presented arguments and evidence as to why that would be fair and just.

Rebecca's death was investigated by SDSO, and other agencies. I completely agree with their finding of suicide. I find the evidence overwhelmingly supports that.

Max's death was investigated by CDO. The day after the accident, doctors suspected foul play and the "main suspect" committed suicide before Child Protective Services could question her, and the detective on the case could question her. So, no, I don't agree with their findings because the only adult there killed herself before she could be questioned further.

JMO

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the cpd suspected that Rebecca harmed Max? I don't think you do.

Also if what you say had even a speck of truth in it then why did the cpd turn down Dina's request?????

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the cpd suspected that Rebecca harmed Max? I don't think you do.

Also if what you say had even a speck of truth in it then why did the cpd turn down Dina's request?????

CG needs to recall the allegations of "foul play" in regard to Max's injury were based on the ER doctor's misdiagnosis of his condition as "suffocation". When later tests were conducted, the real cause was determined to have been trauma to his brain stem.

It was very poor judgement on the ER doc's part, an erroneous accusation that may have lead to RZ's murder.

Sometimes I feel, when this is over and if RZ's death is determined to be murder, someone should seek judgement against that ER doc. His offhand diagnosis and accusations may have killed someone. It would be terrible if he were allowed to continue practicing and cause that kind of tragedy again.

MOO

Who ELSE would CPS have been wanting to interview? Rebecca was the only adult there when Max fell.

Who ELSE would they want to talk to?

JMO

So if that was the case, why didn't LE state that MS death was the result of "foul play" or "death at the hands of another"? If you look at instances when a murderer has killed themselves due to their actions, it's always stated WHO they killed. The man this summer who killed a mother and her oldest daughter(IIRC) and then committed suicide when the police closed in. Please show us a case where someone committed suicide after murdering someone and LE placed no blame on that person, never called the death of the person they killed suspicious, or called it an accident.

Always MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back