MD MD - Beltsville, Beaver Dam Creek, Blk/WhtMale 20-40, UP2876, lg safety pin, VW key, clothes Apr'00

I remember the large safety pins (exactly like the one in pic) from my childhood and associate them with coal mining and hunting. Dale has the look of a hunter but I know that is more than likely just a coincidence.

Re the "large safety pin", someone here who didn't want to post said:

Many hunters use them to attach keys or hunting lic to their outer wear for easy access.

Re the "large safety pin", someone here who didn't want to post said:

Many hunters use them to attach keys or hunting lic to their outer wear for easy access.

The one round key, the last one on the right, reminds me of a key to a fireproof box that my ex-husband used to store gun powder in. He was a hunter and loaded his own bullets.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/74ummd.html

I believe that the large "safety pin" to which the key ring is attatched is the type of pin used to close a mesh type laundry bag. These are used in the Navy when sending clothing to the ship's laundry. The bag is marked with the sailor's name and by washing all items in a mesh bag, it makes sorting out washed clothing an easier task.

A Laundry safety pin has heavy chrome plating on it to withstand the constant water immersion, and also the "point" of the pin is very dull and rounded, because it only has to go through the mesh, not through cloth like a blanket pin.

I do think that the man probably used the pin to attatch the keys to the outside of his clothing, but most likely, he did not run the pin through his clothing. He would have used the pin to attatch the key ring to his belt loop.

While he may well have been an outdoorsman, hiker, or hunter, the clothing he was wearing was not usual hunting apparell. Nike does not make hunting clothes to my knowledge.

Although he was found in water and in a remote area, I do not think that he was hunting. The doenet site mentions that he had been in the water for "up to two months", and that would place him there in or after February 2000. Hunting seasons in Maryland are mostly over by that time.

The round key on the ring might have also gone to a bicycle lock or a car steering wheel lock.

Ive grown up around Volkswagens, Ive owned numerous, and know the history of them pretty well. I looked at the set of keys posted in the link and judging by what i saw there was only one key i noticed that resembled something that could be used as a volkswagen key. For most Volkswagen replacement keys, the Ilco Key company usually has a blank for most VWs prior to 1999. In 1999 VW went the "switch blade" key fob which cannot be reproduced by Ilco. The basic cars that stand out are the VW Jetta, VW Golf, VW Passat..those three were the Big 3 in terms of sales in the US between the late 80's and 1999. from the late 80s to early 80's there were a number of vehicles, some more successful than others, again that included the VW jetta, and VW golf, with a few other vehicles thrown in such as the Rabbit and Cabriolet (which was successful) less successful models (which would be harder to come by in later years especially in the late 90s would be the Scirrocco, Rabbit pickup truck, Fox, Dasher, Corrado. I would highly rule out the VW Thing, Beatle, or Vanagon, or even the Kharman Ghia.

In my opinion, given the reproduction key, it seems likely it was from a VW Jetta (years 1986-1998) Golf (years 1988-1998) Passat (1990-1998) Rabbit (years 1983 to 1988) Thats not saying it couldnt be any of the others, just those were more common of a vehicle to come across, especially with Ilco reproduction keys.

I wonder if Law Enforcement looked into Missing/Stolen/Impounded/Abandoned vehicles in the area or surrounding areas.

Anyway, that's just a little bit of info

Could this UID be connected in some way with this UID male found in Beltsville and who was recently identified?

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/256651688-story
May 24 2017 06:00PM EDT
BELTSVILLE, Md. - A murder mystery that has baffled detectives for over three decades has partially been solved. Prince George's County police have finally identified a man whose decomposed body was found in a field in 1984.

Thirty-three years after he was gunned down in a Beltsville field, the man known as John Doe finally has a name. The FBI notified Prince George's County police last month that new fingerprint technology had linked the remains to Bennett Louis, a man who had vanished after telling his family he was moving to North Carolina.

Louis had just left the Marine Corps and was setting up a new life in Jacksonville, North Carolina when he suddenly disappeared. His daughter Monnica Davis, who was seven years old at the time of his disappearance, had no idea what happened to him until a sheriff's deputy knocked on her aunt's door.
Image Gallery 3 PHOTOS
Bennett Louis
attachment.php

Attachments

• louis3_1495633663316_3367168_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    louis3_1495633663316_3367168_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 23
1 Exclusion
MP10310 Dominick Pendino 03/03/1999 Orange NY

Members online

Online statistics

Members online