MD MD - George "Junior" Burdynski, 10, Brentwood, 24 May 1993

Dearmont,

Where did you find that pic you posted of the Unidentfied boy in Canada? I think he bears a striking resemblence to Junior. Did you ever submit the pic to authorities?

chaddylex

Dearmont,

Where did you find that pic you posted of the Unidentfied boy in Canada? I think he bears a striking resemblence to Junior. Did you ever submit the pic to authorities?
chaddylex

The image is from evidence collected during an exploitation investigation in Ontario some years back - yes, it was brought to the attention of MD LE investigators over two years ago - they would "look" into it.....

A couple years ago, investigators went to Boston I believe...There was a young man up there that bore a striking resemblance to George. Don't think they found the guy though.

The unfortunate part of child *advertiser censored* (besides the obvious) is that in order to find these kids or find out if they are caught in this trap, these films and pictures have to be viewed. I can honestly saw I am a pretty tough cat, I can take just about anything but the few that I have seen caused me to vomit. The pictures look similar but one says 1997 on it, is that when it was taken or found? If it was taken in 1997, that's four years after Jr. disappeared and he would have changed considerably from a ten year old to a 14 year old.

In the late 1970's Jim Kowalski was a friend of mine.

I'm not embarrassed to say that, because he was an intelligent, articulate, and, by all outward appearances, very nice guy.

I knew his family, and had been to his home.

At the time, I was a teenager and worked at a comic book store on Sligo Ave. in Silver Spring. Kowalski was a customer. It wasn't unusual for us to have adult customers, and I never knew him to do anything inappropriate or suspicious regarding young customers, or otherwise.

Later, he rented space near the store and opened a pinball arcade ("Pinball Wizard"). They were popular at the time, and his seemed reasonably well-run and successful.

In retrospect, he may have opened the arcade to attract children, either simply due to his obsession with them, or to groom them. Again, I never witnessed any inappropriate behavior on his part. In fact, his own kids came there and hung out on occasions.

The first I learned of his criminal behaviors was when I saw a story on the news and heard his name mentioned. I laughed to myself, and thought, "Jim's not going to be happy to know some child molester with his name is out there."

It was quite a shock to watch the screen as my old friend, now some 15-20 years older, was led into court in an orange jump suit and shackles.

It was a disturbing personal lesson in how an outwardly normal demeanor can belie serious mental problems and criminality.

39126-5971_3-335x480.jpg

Artist renderings and clothing of an unidentified boy who was found dead under a billboard off Interstate 40/85 in Mebane on Sept. 25, 1998. He was about 10 to 12 years old.

the body was a skeleton and they mentioned some clothes found with the boy but didn't describe them.

View attachment 37898

Artist renderings and clothing of an unidentified boy who was found dead under a billboard off Interstate 40/85 in Mebane on Sept. 25, 1998. He was about 10 to 12 years old.

the body was a skeleton and they mentioned some clothes found with the boy but didn't describe them.

Is there a link to this?

It would be good to get Junior home, he's been away too long :(

Bumping for George, still missing after 23 years.

https://www.facebook.com/missingkids/posts/10154875483101988:0

13230267_10154875483101988_3419003361311617781_n.jpg

I do not know if Kowalski was ever "cleared" in regard to the Burdynski disappearance, or if police simply lacked the necessary evidence to charge him with a crime.

"Kowalski did eventually confess to abusing his godsons and several of their playmates, claiming his actions were “consensual” and stating he’d established a rule that “nobody has to do what he doesn’t want to do.” Kowalski had reportedly begun frequenting rentboys in 1961, and his May 25th, 1993 arrest capped a twenty-five year sodomy spree which left a trail of violated boys on two continents. . .

He was not the only person arrested in the wake of Junior’s disappearance. Two of his friends, Stephen Bruce Leak and Joseph Lynch, were also jailed for assaulting Kowalski’s godsons and sundry other Brentwood youth—Kowalski’s trove of videotapes provided cinematic evidence of the depredations of all three men. . . . "Kowalski’s modus operandi was kid-tested and NAMBLA-approved."

related articles:

https://ididitforjodie.com/2014/09/20/i-could-puke-the-life-and-crimes-of-mr-ott/

http://www.courts.state.md.us/opinions/coa/1998/96a97.pdf

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/c...th-prince-georges-county-case/article/2526510

James Kowalski owned a store called Pinball Wizard on Sligo Ave (Silver Spring MD) posted by John2510, anyone remember ?

Also Bumping for George

In 2008 danmanhatter posted, "heres the crazy part, he (Kowalski) lived on Jennings Road, a block away from the Lyons Sisters"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rine-Lyon-sisters-missing-since-1975-1/page31

Perhaps circumstantial, but other inquisitive posters have noticed the coincidental haunts, locations, and interests between LWK and Kowalski during this timeline. Do these two cold cases intersect somewhere in D.C.
nightclubs from a distant decade, where "bizarre" and "punk" ruled?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back