Identified! MD - Glen Burnie, WhtMale Skeletal 29UMMD, 18-30, in trash can, Apr'85 - Roger Kelso

Possible, Carl. I wish we could find out if the UID has DNA available.

strange at Doe they assume he had to have been unemployed, working part time or nights in order to have had the time for expensive dentistry to go into his mouth.

meanwhile "Andrea" was assumed to have come from a wealthy family since she had expensive dentistry in her mouth.

I have also noticed a number of comments and speculative conclusions in John/Jane Doe cases based on extensive and expensive dental work.

I often think of a possible military link when it is a young person, because the military insists on dental work being completed for its members.

When someone enters the military, dentists, often re-do any old fillings or crowns and take care of any other work at the same time. This, of course, means that a lot of work which would cost big bucks is done all at once.

Also, military personnel are stationed all over the world. In some instances, dental work might be done by a local dentist if military dental care is not immediately available. Thus, the possibility of European style dentistry.

Another possible reason for a lot of dentistry being done on a young person in a short period of time could indicate a sudden change in life status, such as being recently adopted.

On Doe, they list his likely time of death as between 12 weeks and 5 months, which is a pretty narrow window. At NamUs, they list him as having been deceased anywhere from 1970 to 1985. He's also said to have been discovered in a state of decomposition 'unrecognizable,' but doesn't have the tag 'skeletal.' He's also listed as having been missing one or both hands when recovered.

There apparently were folded up pieces of paper with 'notes' on them found in the pocket with his keys. They don't appear in the documents or images sections of the NamUs listing, but might be useful if they're extant. If there was an attempt to find out when the clothes were manufactured and sold, that information hasn't been shared. Given the location and the sweater, it's likely he died in the winter months.

Bumping this case up... It has been almost 29 years since this man's body was found.

Bumping this case up... It has been almost 29 years since this man's body was found.

Hello
I came across this because Ian MacKeigans name is in it. Ian was a friend of my sisters and he spent a lot of time at my home when I was young. I never forgot him and often wondered what had happened to him. I am wondering if the Halifax police ever followed up on this as I see it was directed to crime stoppers but it was not mentioned again in the thread. After reading all that was said here I keep reading about the extensive dental work. It really grabbed my attention because Ian had very well cared for teeth because his father was a dentist. If you know if this was ever addressed please let me know.
Thankyou

Hello
I came across this because Ian MacKeigans name is in it. Ian was a friend of my sisters and he spent a lot of time at my home when I was young. I never forgot him and often wondered what had happened to him. I am wondering if the Halifax police ever followed up on this as I see it was directed to crime stoppers but it was not mentioned again in the thread. After reading all that was said here I keep reading about the extensive dental work. It really grabbed my attention because Ian had very well cared for teeth because his father was a dentist. If you know if this was ever addressed please let me know.
Thankyou

Hi Campbell, welcome to the forums. I have a few questions about Ian, if you don't mind.

1. Do you know where his father practiced? I mean if he had a private practice, worked at a dental school, etc. The Doe Network profile says that the UID's dental work was very extensive and would probably interfere with a regular daytime job. It says that he may have gotten it done at a dental school (which usually operates during the weekdays) and worked at night

2. Do you know when Ian usually worked? The Doe Network profile says the UID may have worked at night.

3. Did he come to the US regularly, or at least visit at some point in his life? Did he have any connection to area (Maryland in particular) - relatives, friends, etc.?

Hi Migmuu

Thank you for the welcome. I will be happy to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. I was only about 12 when he went missing but my sisters are a good source of info.

1. I do know where his father practiced. Its in the same small town that I grew up in and where I still currently live. Dr. MacKeigan had a private practice so any dental work would most likely been done by his father. This work could have been done at anytime for him...evenings...weekends...etc.

2. After high school graduation I believe Ian worked in Halifax at the docks. I am not certain what shift he was working. About a four hour drive from his childhood home.

3. I am not certain if he traveled much and I have no idea if he ever traveled to MD. I do know that Ian had planned to attend a fall festival at a local university. Shortly before he disappeared he called a friend to secure tickets to the event. My sister might remember if there was a connection (they had been high school sweethearts).

I read the Profile for the unidentified man. The clothing does not match what Ian was wearing when he disappeared. I do not think there would be reason for him to be in the MD area....but that's only a guess. Ian left his Halifax home in his car which is also missing and never found. Something tells me he had planned to visit someone but never showed up. He was a rather clean living guy and led a responsible life. He was never known to take off with out letting someone know. For me the only thing that stands out as a connection is the dental work

Could this missing young man be " Oscar"? He went missing in late December 1984, said he was on his way to Portland Oregon, but not known if that was his true destination. His longish chin reminded me of the GB UID.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1356162&highlight=Matthew+Garnes#post11356162

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4363dmwa.html

"Matthew Paul Garnes
Missing since December 26, 1984 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 26, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Freckles.
Scars/Tattoos: 3 inch scar on his right cheek and old fractures on upper right foot and right elbow
Clothing: Black leather jacket Wilson's house leather, sleeveless black Iron Maiden t-shirt, jeans (waist size 30), black/maroon/gray scarf, Nike tennis shoes size 9 1/2, and a silver chain necklace.
Dentals: X-Rays available
DNA: X-Rays available
Nickname/Alias: Matt

Circumstances of Disappearance
Matthew left home on December 26, 1984. He told his parents that he was going to Portland, OR. He has not been heard from since.
Student at Curtis High School, baseball team member, part-time job at Texaco. Left in a gold 1974 Plymouth Duster with a Washington license plate BUX-160."

It seems like an odd assumption to make that he was unemployed. Firstly, that dental work would start to add up, and he or someone in charge of him would have to have a pretty well-paying job for that. Secondly, it doesn't seem realistic to assume that it would take that much time out of his schedule. He likely wouldn't get hours of dental work done weekly. I also don't think people spend all of their lives sitting in dental chairs.

Police seek information about 30-year-old Glen Burnie cold case

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/for_the_record/ph-ac-cn-cold-case-0202-20160202-story.html

DNA was taken from the remains for analysis and the skull was sent to Parabon for forensic facial reconstruction, police said. The company then developed a composite of what the victim might have looked like at the time of his death.

Police determined the victim was dead for about 5 months when he was found. He was a white man in his mid 20s and about 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall. He had a slim build and brown hair.

The man was wearing a blue and black sweater, slacks and leather shoes. Investigators believed his disappearance and death occurred during the late fall of 1984 or the beginning of 1985.

M-Parabon-Anne-Arundel-Snapshot-0216-1.jpg

http://www.policemag.com/channel/te...s-snapshot-facial-reconstruction-service.aspx

Earlier this month, police in Anne Arundel County, MD, released what is believed to be the first published composite image ever produced by combining DNA phenotyping with forensic facial reconstruction. Parabon developed the composite for a 1985 case in which a victim's unidentified remains were found in a metal trash container during construction of a local mall. Although the victim has not yet been identified, Detective Jason Dipietro of the department's Cold Case Homicide Unit believes Snapshot has greatly increased the odds of a positive ID.

This is a much better recon of Oscar than the previous one.

29UMMD.jpg

Namus lists 22 ruleouts https://identifyus.org/cases/1891

Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Craig Alexander 1961 Vermont
David Bacon 1946 New York
Stephen Bailey 1959 California
Gerald Bradshaw 1960 Virginia
Christopher Clark 1965 Kansas
William Cordes 1968 California
Kevin Ellsworth 1963 Minnesota
Daniel Fools 1963 South Carolina
Raymond Green 1978 Georgia
Joseph Halpern 1910 Colorado
Christopher Harvey 1969 Colorado
Brian Jones 1964 California
Mark Kechely 1958 California
Robert Keck 1963 Pennsylvania
Harold Mays 1959 North Carolina
Charles Murphy 1956 New Jersey
Jackson Orvin 1959 Florida
Frank Santmyer, Jr. 1952 Maryland
Randolph Sedlack 1960 Virginia
Randy Sellers 1962 Kentucky
Steven Shimota 1963 Minnesota
David Waggoner 1947 Texas

One thing struck me as odd: his pants are described as "Khaki (Tan/Off-White), Cuffed Legs, Adjustable buttons on sides of waist band; Waist 28 inches; Inseam approximately 27 inches; no belt, metal zipper."

A 27" inseam seems rather short for a man estimated to be around 5'10". Not totally out of line, but he seems to have had relatively short legs (and presumably long torso) for a man his height.

It seems like an odd assumption to make that he was unemployed. Firstly, that dental work would start to add up, and he or someone in charge of him would have to have a pretty well-paying job for that. Secondly, it doesn't seem realistic to assume that it would take that much time out of his schedule. He likely wouldn't get hours of dental work done weekly. I also don't think people spend all of their lives sitting in dental chairs.

I don't think it's odd at all, seeing that his dad was a dentist.

I didn't have dental insurance for most of my adult life but I'm sporting nearly thirty fillings and two crowns (reaaallly bad tooth enamel; and I don't want to know what that work would have cost otherwise.) My uncle is a dentist, and very gracious. I know he keeps the office open until 9 p.m. on some weekdays to accommodate patients who work the day shift and can't or don't want to use a vacation day for procedures and cleanings.

So while the theory that John Doe sought care at a dental school makes sense, it's definitely also possible to have a few thousand dollars' worth of quality dental work and be underemployed or under-insured.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/66dmnc.html

Mark Skinner Clarke

Missing since December 1983 from Tuckaseegee, Jackson County, North Carolina.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 24, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9; 155 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Clarke had a full beard in 1983. He has a previous neck injury and also has a burn scar on his right knee.
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Clarke became estranged from his family after joining the L'Abri Christian Fellowship of England in 1982. He began having problems with loved ones and some friends after joining the organization.
Clarke was last seen by his parents in January 1982. He also sought treatment for fatigue from a North Carolina doctor at that time. His parents last heard from him in January 1983.
Investigation by NC authorities showed that Clarke may have been placed on a plane by a member of the L'Abri Fellowship in early December 1983. He possibly flew to either Baltimore, Maryland or Washington DC. Clarke apparently then traveled to Asheville, NC by bus. He stayed in a motel while in the city on December 24, 1983.
Clarke then rented a car and drove to Tuckaseegee, NC with a friend. The two arrived in Atlanta, Georgia, at which time Clarke dropped the friend off and continued to Columbia, South Carolina to visit a friend.
He stayed with his friend for three days before returning to his hometown of Tuckaseegee, NC. Clarke's friends informed investigators that he did not want his parents to know that he was in Tuckaseegee during that time.
Clarke led a transient lifestyle. His family told the authorities that he did not possess any credit cards and paid for all purchases with cash.
There has been no sign of Clarke since December 1983. The friends he was in contact with told investigators they had not heard from since that time.

His circumstances are strange. He travelled to Maryland in the past. If he didn't have a beard in his photo, I can see the photos matching, especially the jawline.
This is my first time posting in the forum like this (i'm new, hello all!) so, if i've done something incorrectly in posting this, please let me know.

I checked the rule outs, he isn't mentioned. Thoughts?

Mark Skinner Clarke

Missing since December 1983 from Tuckaseegee, Jackson County, North Carolina.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 24, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9; 155 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Clarke had a full beard in 1983. He has a previous neck injury and also has a burn scar on his right knee.
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available

Clarke became estranged from his family after joining the L'Abri Christian Fellowship of England in 1982. He began having problems with loved ones and some friends after joining the organization.
Clarke was last seen by his parents in January 1982. He also sought treatment for fatigue from a North Carolina doctor at that time. His parents last heard from him in January 1983.
Investigation by NC authorities showed that Clarke may have been placed on a plane by a member of the L'Abri Fellowship in early December 1983. He possibly flew to either Baltimore, Maryland or Washington DC. Clarke apparently then traveled to Asheville, NC by bus. He stayed in a motel while in the city on December 24, 1983.
Clarke then rented a car and drove to Tuckaseegee, NC with a friend. The two arrived in Atlanta, Georgia, at which time Clarke dropped the friend off and continued to Columbia, South Carolina to visit a friend.
He stayed with his friend for three days before returning to his hometown of Tuckaseegee, NC. Clarke's friends informed investigators that he did not want his parents to know that he was in Tuckaseegee during that time.
Clarke led a transient lifestyle. His family told the authorities that he did not possess any credit cards and paid for all purchases with cash.
There has been no sign of Clarke since December 1983. The friends he was in contact with told investigators they had not heard from since that time.

His circumstances are strange. He travelled to Maryland in the past. If he didn't have a beard in his photo, I can see the photos matching, especially the jawline.
This is my first time posting in the forum like this (i'm new, hello all!) so, if i've done something incorrectly in posting this, please let me know.

I checked the rule outs, he isn't mentioned. Thoughts?

Welcome adian_69, thanks for the intriguing suggestion!
Mark C. looks familiar, but not sure why right now.

Mark Skinner Clarke
attachment.php

Attachments

• MClarke.jpg
    MClarke.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 59
Welcome adian_69, thanks for the intriguing suggestion!
Mark C. looks familiar, but not sure why right now.

Mark Skinner Clarke
attachment.php
He has another thread on websleuths. His parents had submitted a DNA match for another possible doe, but it didnt match.

Not sure where all the dental work would have come from though, as he seems to be described as a bit of a transient.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG