Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

stattlich1

Former Member
Reaction score
Maryland State Police are searching for Heather Grogg, left, and Danielle Tyler. Anyone with information of their whereabouts should contact the Westminster barrack at 410-386-3000.

With two Carroll County women ‘missing and in danger,’ those close to them ‘desperate’ for a safe return

QEBOACDHDRD57FSQM3OJOSD5HI.jpg

3363IR4HMRB5NJHJPVQCBN3ZDE.jpg

Last edited:
Danielle Tyler and Heather Grogg were last seen in Carroll County, Maryland, on April 6, 2020.They may be traveling together. If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI's Pittsburgh Field Office at (412) 432-4000, your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Field Offices: Baltimore, Pittsburgh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-24  download pdf(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-04-24 download pdf(1).png
    240.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_2020-04-24  download pdf.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-24 download pdf.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 59
Maryland State Police are searching for Heather Grogg, left, and Danielle Tyler. Anyone with information of their whereabouts should contact the Westminster barrack at 410-386-3000.

With two Carroll County women ‘missing and in danger,’ those close to them ‘desperate’ for a safe return

QEBOACDHDRD57FSQM3OJOSD5HI.jpg

3363IR4HMRB5NJHJPVQCBN3ZDE.jpg
Wow, there is a lot to absorb in that story. I'm going to have to come back later after more coffee with a pen & paper to track the players.
At first blush it sounds like drugs (meth) at at play.

The thing that stands out the most. LE contacted Sherry, asking about Danielle. So they must have information which leads them to think she may have been harmed or worse, she's dead. How horrifying for this grandmother :(

Two Woman, A High School Student And A Mother, Both Missing And 'In Danger' As Connection To Murder Suspects Surface

Danielle Tyler and Heather Grogg both have connections to three men recently arrested in connection with the horrific murder of Maryland resident Jonathan Riddle.

Two Maryland women with connections to three murder suspects are now missing, leaving two sets of families worried sick.

Danielle Tyler, 18, and Heather Grogg, 33, have both been missing since Apr. 6, according to FBI Pittsburgh press releases provided to Oxygen.com. Authorities indicate they could be traveling together.

The missing women have connections to three men recently arrested in the murder of Jonathan Riddle, who was found stabbed, beaten and then set on fire in West Virginia on Mar. 18, the Carroll County Times reports. The three Maryland men — David R. Sanford Jr., 26, John W. Black III, 22, and Monroe Merrell, 22 — were charged with kidnapping and murder in his death.

More @ link
10% cc WS/TOS

"Authorities indicate they could be traveling together". Ok, so is this actually a case of these two witnessed the murder of Jon Riddle and are hiding out? Heather has kids, would she leave them for almost three weeks with no contact?

Looking at Danielle's FB Page, she's a lost little girl :(

@Knox
I agree with you about Danielle.
Her grandmother is so worried and heart broken.

Danielle Tyler’s grandmother and legal guardian, is also reeling from her loved one’s disappearance.

Danielle went through a break-up in March and recently began dating Merrell, Sherry told Oxygen.com. She said that Danielle began hanging out with him and a new group of friends following her break-up — becoming more secretive and spending nights away from the home she shares with Sherry and her siblings. In early April she came over to gather some clothes, and she declined to share details about what she'd been up to recently, Sherry said

Danielle is a high school senior who was supposed to graduate this year, before the coronavirus pushed back commencement ceremonies. Sherry said she has been taking a video production and photography class and aspires to a photography career. Danielle, who has curly hair, always wears a backpack containing a flat iron to combat any undesired frizz and curls.

I love her more than life itself,” Sherry told Oxygen.com. “All she has to do is reach out and I will be there.”

While choking up, she said directly to her grandchild: “If you can get this message, pick up the phone, call me. I will be there. I have your back no matter what. I will be there.”

She said if Danielle knew about Merrell’s criminal record, maybe she wouldn’t have gotten involved with him. He has been convicted for a 2016 kidnapping. While he was sentenced to 20 years in 2017, he was released on mandatory supervision in January, Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services spokesperson Mark Vernarelli told Carroll County News.

All above from oxygen. See Link, higher up in thread.

Are the men currently incarcerated?
The missing women have connections to three men recently arrested in the murder of Jonathan Riddle, who was found stabbed, beaten and then set on fire in West Virginia on Mar. 18, the Carroll County Times reports. The three Maryland men — David R. Sanford Jr., 26, John W. Black III, 22, and Monroe Merrell, 22 — were charged with kidnapping and murder in his death.

I wonder if the kidnapping victim of Merrell's was a male for female. Hopefully these women took off together and are in hiding, safely. The young men are just that, young and already so violent. smh

Wow, there is a lot to absorb in that story. I'm going to have to come back later after more coffee with a pen & paper to track the players.
At first blush it sounds like drugs (meth) at at play.

The thing that stands out the most. LE contacted Sherry, asking about Danielle. So they must have information which leads them to think she may have been harmed or worse, she's dead. How horrifying for this grandmother :(

Indeed, you have that right....that there's a lot to absorb in this story!

I'm truly NOT a websleuth veteran, and this is the first thread I started. It hits home because I live fairly close to the area(s) where this all went down.

A close friend brought the case to my attention.

I've wondered how LE arrived at the scene while, it appears, the murder victim was still on fire. (That's assuming I'm reading the accounts correctly)

Trio Charged After Taneytown Man's Body Found On Fire In West Virginia, Police Say

And I was unsure how to proceed, as the two females are missing, however at this time I don't have evidence they are involved with the murder that the three men are charged with.

It appeaers, as of the above article, that the three men were still in WV at the time of the article, I'm not sure if they've been moved to Maryland yet or not.

What we DO have, is two missing females.

A fourth arrest has been made in the murder.

"Kearneysville, WV (KM) The Jefferson County, West Virginia Sheriff’s Office says a fourth person has been arrested for the murder of Taneytown man. Emily Rose Day of Westminster was taken into on Friday by Maryland State Police. She’s charged with being an accessory before and after the fact in connection with the slaying of Jonathan Riddle."

Fourth Person Arrested For The Murder Of A Taneytown Man | WFMD-AM

So a passer-by reported the body on fire? Or a member of the group that brought the victim there had a conscience?

Police ID him based on fingerprints then make a few calls and figure out where he was the night before, I guess.

How does a 20 year sentence for kidnapping in 2017 result in a free man in 2020?

What is with the 2 different last names for Danielle, Faviere & Taylor? Her FB says she goes to high school in Colorado, but she lives in Maryland?

Processing what I am reading a little more the 2nd time through... Danielle's grandmother was approached by homicide detectives who encouraged her to file a missing persons report. When the homicide detectives come to you with that kind of news does that mean they already know what happened? Or is that just a box that needs to be checked to get FBI or other resources?

Story about Merrell's first kidnapping charge. It is behind a paywall so I can't read it.

Westminster man held without bond after alleged kidnapping

Not paywall for me........
A Westminster man is being held without bond at the Carroll County Detention Center after allegedly forcing a woman into a car at knifepoint.
Monroe Merrell, 19, of the 1000 block of Stone Road, was charged Thursday with one count each of first-degree assault, false imprisonment, having a dangerous weapon with the intent to use it to injure, kidnapping, malicious destruction of property and reckless endangerment.

All I can do due to 10%cc TOS /WS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back