MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

I'm hoping the new york investigators have already ruled this unidentified person out, but just in case....only a skull was found. But there is some characteristics that look like your sister. Don't want to NOT suggest it and then have it be answer.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/540ufny.html

can't get her off my mind . . .take care sb

These were the places where the 1981 Reagan Inaugural Balls were held. The Reagans stopped by 8 of the Balls.

Rotunda of the National Museum of Natural History

Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C

Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts

The Capital Hilton

Shoreham Hotel

The Pension Building

Sheration Washington Hotel

The Mayflower Hotel

The Washington Hilton Hotel

Museum of American History

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1981/12081g.htm

All the information on the Inaugural Balls is held at the Smithsonian, the Library of Congress and the Reagan Library.

I'm hoping the new york investigators have already ruled this unidentified person out, but just in case....only a skull was found. But there is some characteristics that look like your sister. Don't want to NOT suggest it and then have it be answer.

It might be her. Its hard for me to tell. The ears don't show and of course this is an artist's rendition so the features might not be identical to the living person. Real faces have marks, differences in eyes, eyebrows, and lines on the face.

It is pretty close.

It is so hard to tell with a reconstruction but the timeframe would fit. The age has a wide range. Here is a snag for comparison purposes with centre lines placed on the nose:

Attachments

• Comparison of jd and Judy.png
    Comparison of jd and Judy.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 224
The eyes really resemble as well as the forehead and chin. If the nose were slimmer or a slightly different shape (which it might be) she does look like Judith.

The eyes really resemble as well as the forehead and chin. If the nose were slimmer or a slightly different shape (which it might be) she does look like Judith.

I agree - think I read somewhere that Judith had her nose broken at least once and maybe that was after that picture of her. If this is the case, then this may need to be investigated further - of course this is hard to tell with a reconstruction.

They resemble each other in my opinion. I see the resemblance in the chin and eye areas.

Age progressed,jd and Judith comparison.

Attachments

• Age progressed,jd and Judith with centre lines.png
    Age progressed,jd and Judith with centre lines.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 167
The Reagan Inauguration was on January 20, 1981:

January 20, 1981 -- Ronald Reagan

Outdoor band concert was held on the West Front lawn on the day before the inaugural.
First inaugural held on the West Terrace of the Capitol.
First time that room EF-100 was used as a holding room.
First closed-captioning of television broadcast for the hearing impaired. (Washington Post, 12/22/1981)
First post-inaugural luncheon held in Statuary Hall.
Post-inaugural luncheon was partially televised.
Nine inaugural balls were held.
First time that an inaugural ball was held in a legislative building (Rayburn House Office Building).
Balls were transmitted by satellite to 32 ballroom sites across the country. (Washington Star, 12/19/1981)

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/pihtml/pinotable.html

Maybe Judith was at the outdoor concert on the West Front lawn that was held the day before the inauguration and this would be the news clip where Judy's sister saw her.

On the Still Looking for Judy fb page, a family member recounts how they saw Judy being shown on the ABC nightly news during the NYC sanitation strike. The NYC sanitation strike during this particular period of time started December 1, 1981 and this would be more than a year after the last reported sighting of Judy in Baltimore.

That is a whole year of no contact which is odd since Judy hitched from NYC to Minnesota (IIRC) to her g'mas party so she was a family oriented person for special occasions. Judy was also in Alabama in 1980 to visit a sibling prior to the birth their child.

From November 30, 1980 in Baltimore to the recounted sighting of Judy on the ABC news which would have been in December 1981 = a huge gap with no family contact. Was she perhaps incarerated or hospitalized during that period.

This is really as far as this can go with information at hand. Judy please let it be that you are found and may your sister have the continued strength to carry forward to find you.

eleph

First, I think I listed 10 inaugural balls in error. I believe the Capitol Hilton and the Washington Hilton are one and the same.

I agree Judy was close to her family and that was a long period of time to go without contact. I think she would have contacted them if she was incarcerated, don't you?

Maybe the girl in the video wasn't Judy. They say we all have twin and I get mistaken for 2 other women a lot. One time by an ex-boyfriend of one of these women so it is possible that the sighting was a mistake.

I believe that even if Judy ran away for some reason she would have been in touch with a family member by now. I hate to sound negative but the chance that she is still alive is very slim.

There is always hope that she will be found and that the family will know the truth.

Agreed it is a long time with no family contact for a family oriented person. The ABC news during the NYC sanitation strike sounds legit in that at least one family member saw all of it and another family member saw part of the news clip at the time.

Wish we could find the ABC clip or the Reagan inauguration clip. Have searched and searched and cannot unearth the clips as this may put a firmer date on Judy's last seen date and would mean that she did make it back to NYC from Baltimore.

Sadly, 30+ years is a long time to go without contacting family and IMO if Judy was able to contact them she probably would.

It is time to find Judy and bring peace to her family.

I agree with you both that Judy doesn't sound like the type who would simply stop contacting her family. If she was at the Reagan inauguration, there's a good chance that her remains could be somewhere near the DC area. If she was filmed during the sanitation strike, then there's also the chance that her remains could be somewhere near NYC. The thing that intrigues me is that inauguration ball. How did she get in? Who was she with? I wonder if her family have spoken with ABC to try to get that footage from the sanitation strike. Who was she with on that film? What was she doing? What part of town was she in? I think that those two pieces of film could provide answers.

Agreed it is a long time with no family contact for a family oriented person. The ABC news during the NYC sanitation strike sounds legit in that at least one family member saw all of it and another family member saw part of the news clip at the time.

Wish we could find the ABC clip or the Reagan inauguration clip. Have searched and searched and cannot unearth the clips as this may put a firmer date on Judy's last seen date and would mean that she did make it back to NYC from Baltimore.

Sadly, 30+ years is a long time to go without contacting family and IMO if Judy was able to contact them she probably would.

It is time to find Judy and bring peace to her family.

the clip would be from JANUARY 1981 (someone had posted December 1981) -it was me and she was shown on camera about 10 times. the camera loved her. It was her, there is no doubt. My brother and sister saw the sanitation clip, (my brother lived in Alabama at the time of Judy's disappearance and later moved to TX then meandered his way back to NYS), my other sister saw the clip also - she lived in New York City (Bed Sty) at the time of Judy's disappearance. She went on to live in Bklyn, SI, and is now living in New York State.)

There was a lot of tension - the final visit from Judy, at my uncle's home, was wrought with stress. She brought her duffle bag (think army bag) full of stinky clothes to wash. She was living, in very loose terms, with friends, in the Village. More likely living on the street.

Judy used to bill calls to home -- before the advent of calling cards. She used to rack up 400-500 in phone calls all the time. I wonder if any of those records are still available ? I think that route was already taken? She stopped.

She did love her family - wanted nothing, in my opinion, more than to please us and make us proud of her. I hightly doubt that after the first 2 years she would still be alive, frankly. I looked up to her, she was my big sister - regardless of the life she had chosen for herself, I still loved her. (still do!)

I agree with you both that Judy doesn't sound like the type who would simply stop contacting her family. If she was at the Reagan inauguration, there's a good chance that her remains could be somewhere near the DC area. If she was filmed during the sanitation strike, then there's also the chance that her remains could be somewhere near NYC. The thing that intrigues me is that inauguration ball. How did she get in? Who was she with? I wonder if her family have spoken with ABC to try to get that footage from the sanitation strike. Who was she with on that film? What was she doing? What part of town was she in? I think that those two pieces of film could provide answers.

Judy was beautiful, charming, coy, determined, and was pretty well connected (at Studio 54 according to her, anyway!) and, was into prostitution. So, whether she was there, hired, or there as a date, I would also love to know. I have contacted ABC and the Reagan Library to get everything they have, but sadly, ABC claims their actual "film" has long been destroyed, they only keep it 10 years. The Reagan footage, which I did get, did not have the footage I saw. Judy loved the camera and would do anything to be in front of it.

Thank you, Jeannie! I also hope that Maureen is able to find out what happened to her sister.

Maureen, I'm assuming that the ball she attended was in Washington, DC. Do you know where the ball was held? You might be able to find out who organized the event and perhaps speak with them to get a guest list. I have heard that the White House keeps detailed records of state dinners (guest lists, menu, music, flowers, etc), so I wouldn't be at all surprised if records for that ball are out there. If you can look at the names on the guest list, then maybe something will jump out at you. I'll do some googling to see how one would go about locating party info for inaugural balls. My guess is that she wasn't a gate-crasher and that she most likely showed up with someone who was single. If you can eliminate all couples from the list and look at single guys, it might be a start.

According to this site:

http://www.inaugurals.com/ibhist.asp

there were 8 inaugural balls for Reagan in 81. Do you happen to recall any info about the location of the ball that you thought your sister attended?

It was outdoors - I recall that there was grass. Maybe it was the one on the lawn ?? and it was nighttime, there were large flood lights used.

It might be her. Its hard for me to tell. The ears don't show and of course this is an artist's rendition so the features might not be identical to the living person. Real faces have marks, differences in eyes, eyebrows, and lines on the face.

It is pretty close.

I'll pass this one on to the NYS VICaP folks to do the comparison with dentals and DNA. THANK YOU!

It was outdoors - I recall that there was grass. Maybe it was the one on the lawn ?? and it was nighttime, there were large flood lights used.

This sounds like the concert. I'll see if I can find footage of it on youtube. Did the Reagan library send you concert footage?

I find it really hard to believe that ABC would just destroy historical footage after 10 years :banghead: What a mistake! You might want to contact the New York City Public Library or NYC Historical Society. They may have footage of the strike, since it was a pretty major event in the city. You may also want to find out what union the sanitation workers belonged to. They may have footage and records. NYU has a film school. They may also have footage of this strike. I'll see if I can find websites for the union and historical society. I'll post whatever I find.

Here's the website for NYC Sanitation:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dsny/html/home/home.shtml

This is a site run by grad students who've researched the sanitation department. Contact them-they would most likely have records, or at least would know where you could get the footage. This seems like a great resource IMO. They've also listed several books published by researchers who've researched NYC sanitation. If you could get in touch with some of those authors, you might find that one or two of them may have the footage:
http://newyorkgarbage.wordpress.com/the-nyc-department-of-sanitation-association/

According to this news report, the name of the union is Uniformed Stationmen's Association, Local 831.
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loc...-back-at-accusations-of-slow-down-20101229-KC

Here's contact info for the union. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have footage:

http://www.nyc.gov/lobbyistsearch/search?client=Uniformed+Sanitationmen's+Association

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back