Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baltimore and his optics. Maybe completely wrong of course.
If Billingsley committed Rachel's murder I would think his DNA would have been found. He is a known rapist and surely would have taken the oppertunity to sexually assult Rachel, just as he has done to the three other known victims he has attacked.

Unless there is some bizarre screw up in the DNA testing and somehow the DNA found on Rachel mysteriously matched the DNA from the LA home invasion case 2500 miles away, but instead was Billingsley DNA, I don't see Billingsley as a possible suspect.

Billingsley was incarcerated for a sex crime and recently paroled. I would be really surprised if his DNA profile is not already in CODIS. For many years sex offenders have been required to give a DNA sample as part of their sentencing.

Also I highly doubt LA guy and Billingsley know each other and committed Rachel's murder together, but Billingsley's DNA just wasn't simply found.

JMO

The sherrif stated that the other people in the residence were not aware of what had occurred. Though the totality sounds strange, there maybe a context that could explain it:

- A certain number of immigrants (and non immigrants in ubber expensive cities of NYC, LA, SF, BOS, etc) live in arrangements featuring sub rented rooms.

- Residents of the house may not be fully familiar with all the occupants ie- a temporary room mate of somebody sub renting a room.

The totality then leads to:

Suspect: "Hey, I was staying with Enrique and I need to get my tools, X box, steel toed boots etc."
Female resident: Dont know him, but he sounds plausible. "Ok, come in and look for it". Female then gets assaulted.

Male resident: Sees suspect in living room: "What are you doing here?" Suspect: "Oh, I was uhmm.... looking for my steel toed boots. Enrique knows where they are".

Male Resident: Is not hostile, but not welcoming: "Enrique is not here, and I dont see any boots lying around. Need to come back when Enrique is here- bye".
Well, if there were undocumented migrants living there, I can understand no wanting to get LE involved.

The man has to know, how the other man (who left the home) looked and must be able to describe him for a wanted-poster, IMO. He probably won't be blind.
Actually Idk, why the known man in the home accompanied the stranger to the door like a dear guest? Also somehow questionable, IMO.
Kind of like he is showing the guest to the door.

Just wanted to leave this article here; way too early to establish any links or anything, but I feel like this could fit his MO

Just wanted to leave this article here; way too early to establish any links or anything, but I feel like this could fit his MO
This stuff has been going on with lots of trails.
I think the trails in many places are fairly new and therefore there is some crime associated with them.

In 2013, we a had murder on our trail, then two months later, an assault (it turns out the assault was actually fake!)

There was also another assault recently.

Patrolling of the trails is key.

After the 2013 murder, the park police really stepped up and they also got trail shepherds (volunteers). The volunteers really helped. Then, everyone got complacent and there was another assault. Trails are put in flood plains here. Up north, they're in old rail lines. The areas are not the most supervised.

A trail assault does not mean it's related to Rachel.

Well that’s too close for comfort. It seems far fetched since this has happened on the trail before however since there was some talk of LE looking in Chicago for the perp this would not be far from there.

This stuff has been going on with lots of trails.
I think the trails in many places are fairly new and therefore there is some crime associated with them.

In 2013, we a had murder on our trail, then two months later, an assault (it turns out the assault was actually fake!)

There was also another assault recently.

Patrolling of the trails is key.

After the 2013 murder, the park police really stepped up and they also got trail shepherds (volunteers). The volunteers really helped. Then, everyone got complacent and there was another assault. Trails are put in flood plains here. Up north, they're in old rail lines. The areas are not the most supervised.

A trail assault does not mean it's related to Rachel.

I’m aware that trail assaults like these are not too uncommon, but not nearly as common as a regular monthly occurrence.

Yes, because it is an assault, and occurred on a trail, does not mean that it has any relation to Rachel.
However, given that law enforcement says Rachel’s killer is likely to strike again, and assaults like these aren’t really all too common, I think it’d be a mistake to simply dismiss the possibility.

Lighter, attack on a trail

Has this murder, in Illinois, ever been solved?

I think she was strangled and had burns on her

Here is her thread with details
Forest preserve, strangled, burns, shoes missing

The rail to tral trails are unfortunately ideal for assaults. This assault was Indianapolis.

I’m aware that trail assaults like these are not too uncommon, but not nearly as common as a regular monthly occurrence.

Yes, because it is an assault, and occurred on a trail, does not mean that it has any relation to Rachel.
However, given that law enforcement says Rachel’s killer is likely to strike again, and assaults like these aren’t really all too common, I think it’d be a mistake to simply dismiss the possibility.
According to the media, our city averages one assault per year. If every city in the US with over 1 million population has this number of assaults, there will be monthly assaults.

We just can't attribute every trail assault in the United States to this guy. Sorry.

June 2023 Man shot, killed during robbery at trail on Northwest Side, police say (People are thinking this was a hit or drug deal..unsolved)

Sep 2022 (likely unsolved)

Oct 2018 (Case was solved. Perp had previously assaulted a women in a clubhouse)

Sept 2017 (likely unsolved)

Feb 2017 Woman describes Greenway Trail assault near Walker Ranch Park (likely unsolved)

July 2016 DNA links Killeen sex assault to another attack along San Antonio bike trail, say police

Around the US: Google Search Trail Hikes in the US
I'm noting 2023 - Alaska, Colorado, June 2023 So Cal,Nov 22 Sacramento, July 23 Orange County, May 23 Dallas. Aug 23 South Carolina, Nov 22 Encino, CA, May 23 Maryland, Feb 22 Los Gatos, CA, Aug 23 Atlanta, 2022 Virginia, May 23 Nashville,, Jul 23 Florida, Mar 23 Wisconsin, May 23 Houston (five attacks over a period of time), Apr 23 Raleigh NC, Jun 23 Spokane, WA, Aug 23 Minnetonka (Hennipin County) Minnesota, Sep 23 Maryland (arrest) , Aug 23 Olmstead County, Minnesota..

Last edited:
I’ve been a member here for years and nothing has ever “hit home” for me. Until now…

I live down the street from the trail this happened on. I have walked that same trail countless times & live in very close proximity to Rachel. I have many friends who are with the Harford County Sheriffs Office (HCSO). We are a large community with a very small town feel & this violent tragedy has rocked our town. I hope that the HCSO will use outside resources if needed. With having the murderer on camera, a person clear as day close the door for this person, I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that if nothing else is known right now..we don’t even have a sketch of the suspect. Something just feels so wonky about this whole case.

I also just want to add that today when I was driving by the portion of the trail where she was found (there’s a road [Rt 24] that briefly runs parallel to the trail) I saw at least two women running alone. I am not saying that everyone should stop their routines but I have become increasingly aware of my surroundings (if that was even possible) & I just can’t imagine running that same trail, alone, with ear buds in knowing that the man is still out there. Makes me panic just thinking about it.

I’ve been a member here for years and nothing has ever “hit home” for me. Until now…

I live down the street from the trail this happened on. I have walked that same trail countless times & live in very close proximity to Rachel. I have many friends who are with the Harford County Sheriffs Office (HCSO). We are a large community with a very small town feel & this violent tragedy has rocked our town. I hope that the HCSO will use outside resources if needed. With having the murderer on camera, a person clear as day close the door for this person, I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that if nothing else is known right now..we don’t even have a sketch of the suspect. Something just feels so wonky about this whole case.

I also just want to add that today when I was driving by the portion of the trail where she was found (there’s a road [Rt 24] that briefly runs parallel to the trail) I saw at least two women running alone. I am not saying that everyone should stop their routines but I have become increasingly aware of my surroundings (if that was even possible) & I just can’t imagine running that same trail, alone, with ear buds in knowing that the man is still out there. Makes me panic just thinking about it.

Please feel free to criticize me, but the hand closing the door was so tiny, and they said, a man…I wonder if there is a non-binary element to the whole situation?

And then I thought of the attacker. These days, people can look very different depending on what they take and how they style their hair. Edgar cut turning into long hair, losing weight, what else? I assume he is a man as they have DNA match, but who people saw on the trail, who they are searching for, might look very different from the dude on that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happyspirit42