Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3

I still can’t shake the feeling that the killer had seen Rachel somewhere else before attacking her on the trail and targeted her specifically. Followed her from another location perhaps?

I will go back and review the timeline. She was a very striking looking woman.

Or maybe it was purely a coincidence that they were both on the trail at the same time?

All IMO.

In this interview: Into the Sheriff's Spotlight

The Harford County Sheriff says that in talking to witnesses, LE has come to believe that the perpetrator may have been hanging around in and around the trail on previous days, and was seen concealing himself in the wood-line on the day of the crime. So it's definitely possible that he may have seen the victim previously, since she was known to use the trail frequently. However, I agree with the other poster who said that it's more "lying in wait" than stalking. IMO any woman who he could catch alone that day was at risk. He had probably scoped out several female users of the trails. He had likely made himself familiar with the area and knew the best place to attack.

@whinewiththegravy
Thank you for your thorough explanation. I also bring it up Because mainstream news reports (like Nancy Grace just yesterday) was showing that doorbell cam on loop and no one addressed this. The comments then focus on that and then it gets forgotten. If the public were aware that this has been studied and is part of the investigation, I feel like the public would move on. (This door issue not being addressed by MMM is why I personally dropped interest in this case.)

That said, to me, this method by which he exits from the home makes little sense. He leaves almost politely, turning around to the door - if he really had been caught and needed to bolt, he sure sticks around on the porch for a LONG few seconds.

Bolded by me - I think there is an explanation for this after listening to the sheriff's interview found here: Into the Sheriff's Spotlight

IMO the fact that he doesn't seem like he is bolting is because he was interrupted/caught by, basically, a kid or young teen. The sheriff describes in that interview that there are actually two young victims assaulted by this guy in the home, and then a "young, male member of the family" comes in and interrupts the crime. The young male family member starts shouting for adults and heroically gets the guy out of the house before this crime ends up like Rachel's did.

In this interview: Into the Sheriff's Spotlight

The Harford County Sheriff says that in talking to witnesses, LE has come to believe that the perpetrator may have been hanging around in and around the trail on previous days, and was seen concealing himself in the wood-line on the day of the crime. So it's definitely possible that he may have seen the victim previously, since she was known to use the trail frequently. However, I agree with the other poster who said that it's more "lying in wait" than stalking. IMO any woman who he could catch alone that day was at risk. He had probably scoped out several female users of the trails. He had likely made himself familiar with the area and knew the best place to attack.
Thank you very much for your reply and all the additional information. Excellent summation!

Bolded by me - I think there is an explanation for this after listening to the sheriff's interview found here: Into the Sheriff's Spotlight

IMO the fact that he doesn't seem like he is bolting is because he was interrupted/caught by, basically, a kid or young teen. The sheriff describes in that interview that there are actually two young victims assaulted by this guy in the home, and then a "young, male member of the family" comes in and interrupts the crime. The young male family member starts shouting for adults and heroically gets the guy out of the house before this crime ends up like Rachel's did.
For some odd reason it seems posters across all platforms like to fixate on this detail of the perp leaving the Cali house so casually. Like its an aha moment.
Despite this issue being addressed ad infinitum, it never seems to go away and keeps coming back like a bad "penny" lol.
JUST IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back