Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

I hope an autopsy is done on Bella. I find it way too coincidental that she dies and Robin goes missing during the same 3 hr time period. There is no way in hello that I believe this is her own doing. From what I have read on various postings she was a vibrant woman whom had just beat some odds in life.

The only alternative scenario I can come up with is that she took Bella for a short walk and she happened upon a stranger. But that doesn't make sense either as I would think at that time of night she would have at least taken her cell phone.

As far as Bella's tumors are concerned and the initial reports of blunt force trauma, why was that redacted and who said that in the first place?

imo

From what I've heard on local newscasts, the police thought it looked like trauma to the dog's upper body, but a vet said what they thought was trauma was actually tumors. They are working to find the cause of death of the dog.

I think it's more likely the husband used the condition of the dog to lure Robin Pope back to the house.

Neighbors are searching and they say they will conduct a large-scale search Sunday if she isn't found before then.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/03/04/police-continue-to-search-for-missing-stevensville-woman/

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland...man/-/15158402/19160730/-/526wrs/-/index.html

Police said the circumstances surrounding Pope's disappearance were suspicious.

"Nothing has been ruled out. We're not saying who is and isn't a suspect or may be someone we're interested in talking to, all things are being considered (we'll) certainly continue to look for missing person who has disappeared under suspicious circumstances," said Greg Shipley with the Maryland State Police.

I wonder if Bella had a heart attack? Perhaps something happened that upset her so much? She was quite elderly for a great Dane. Perhap she got very upset and took off running?

I wonder if Bella had a heart attack? Perhaps something happened that upset her so much? She was quite elderly for a great Dane. Perhap she got very upset and took off running?

On that note, some dogs prefer to die alone, away from their home.

I hope an autopsy is done on Bella. I find it way too coincidental that she dies and Robin goes missing during the same 3 hr time period. There is no way in hello that I believe this is her own doing. From what I have read on various postings she was a vibrant woman whom had just beat some odds in life.
The only alternative scenario I can come up with is that she took Bella for a short walk and she happened upon a stranger. But that doesn't make sense either as I would think at that time of night she would have at least taken her cell phone.
As far as Bella's tumors are concerned and the initial reports of blunt force trauma, why was that redacted and who said that in the first place?
imo

BBM - I agree with you Coldpizza that there is some connection between Bella's death and RP's going missing. RP could have been walking the dog or gone looking for Bella and trouble found her. Bella got upset and it was too much for her.
Or, was Bella an indoor dog that got out after something happened to RP, maybe because the door was left open. I have so many questions for the husband and responding officer.

From seeing view of the road/house, the area is somewhat isolated. Was anything seen or heard in those late hours Friday/wee hours Sat.?

BBM - I agree with you Coldpizza that there is some connection between Bella's death and RP's going missing. RP could have been walking the dog or gone looking for Bella and trouble found her. Bella got upset and it was too much for her.
Or, was Bella an indoor dog that got out after something happened to RP, maybe because the door was left open. I have so many questions for the husband and responding officer.

From seeing view of the road/house, the area is somewhat isolated. Was anything seen or heard in those late hours Friday/wee hours Sat.?

That would be very strange if RP missing and Bella passing were not connected.

I read a comment by a neighbor that said they had brought her home many times...so I would assume from that that Bella was allowed to roam or would get out on her own. She is quite elderly for a Dane, so I'm sure she has slowed down. My Saint passed in Oct :heartbeat::heartbeat: he was 11 also....quite a difference in who he was from his younger days.....he liked to stroll and sniff around in his last year...where as he never left the yard his whole life before that...anyway...I always called it his old man stroll...he was the best :) sorry got off track....

Also one of the articles I read said Bella washed up with the tide....if that is true then I can imagine that an open tumor or enclosed ones waterlogged could look like she was beaten.....:twocents:

My dear old lab who lived for 18 years had tumors that were quite large. My vet said he simply died of old age and I believe him. Melanoma is quite different in dogs and horses especially when their skin pigment is light in color. There have been studies in white horses who have obvious tumors in their throat and tails where they simply die of natural causes and is the norm. A very good friend of mine who was a world renowned vet in the horse world was trying to compare the genes in the light pigment and make a link in the lack of death resulting from cancer. His belief was something was there that would be beneficial in fighting cancer. He has since passed but he's not the only one that thinks that way. I know this is way off topic in a sense, but I don't believe Bella died from melanoma or "tumors" as written in the articles.

I also will never believe Robin had anything to do with her death, no way no how no way. Bella in my opinion died at the hand's of Robin's attacker.
Period

imo

imo
It seems fishy to me.

Trying to think through this remarkable timing coincidence of Bella's death and Robin's disappearance.

What if, Bella died sometime earlier that evening, of natural causes. Wayne contacts Robin and she rushes over. Robin 'disappears' sometime later that evening / night.

LE needs to nail down both Wayne and Robin's timeline that day. Was there a phone call from Wayne to Robin sometime that afternoon ? Was there any more phone activity after then or did they both go silent.... and so forth...

The Cause and Time of Bella's passing must be determined, it may be key to understanding what transpired that day.

If they do the search on Sunday, I am going to try to go and help. I am about 40 minutes from there and since it is not summer, there won't be be any back ups on the bridge from everyone trying to go to Ocean City. I just need to find a babysitter for my kids.

Is there a timeline for Robin posted anywhere? I do remember that she was seen in Annapolis that evening and perhaps somewhere else. Did she work for the dentist that day?

The 2am time is backed up by a 911 call but the 11-11:30pm time is stated by the estranged husband (who was the last to see her) needs to be verified. Also the dog being found in the water also is puzzling as I had read a comment from a "best friend" of Ms Pope that the dog was "deathly afraid of the water". For those interested a picture of Wayne Pope is on Rachael Pope's FB dated August 2010 with his arm around her.

Here is an article posted Monday night late.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/cr...ore_crime/the-search-for-robin-pope-continues

The couple has one daughter together, who is 17. Robin has an older daughter who lives in California.

that is one of the worst written articles I've ever read. "they hardly ever fought in here" wrongly quoted by "Pope". Then the next paragraph comes out of nowhere...just bad journalism. Anywhoo going back to the quote "hardly fought" means to me they had fought a few times in the place which I interpret as all was not amicable in the separation.

I had an elderly white cat that died of melanoma. The last couple of months her face and head were a bloody mess. The tumors did not look like lumps as you first think. They were open, oozing bloody sores. I can understand why someone would mistake them for something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back