Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a poll.....Is Catherine faking her competency to stay out of jail?
I believe she may be exaggerating her symptoms to avoid prison.

In following this case, I researched numerous cases in Maryland involving offenders with mental illnesses like hers but I have yet to find another one where the offender hid the bodies such that no one has been able to find them.

I think Catherine is mentally ill but also very shrewd. I am not a psychologist, but it wouldn't surprise me if Catherine were diagnosed with one or more personality disorders in addition to her mental illness.

I believe she may be exaggerating her symptoms to avoid prison.

In following this case, I researched numerous cases in Maryland involving offenders with mental illnesses like hers but I have yet to find another one where the offender hid the bodies such that no one has been able to find them.

I think Catherine is mentally ill but also very shrewd. I am not a psychologist, but it wouldn't surprise me if Catherine were diagnosed with one or more personality disorders in addition to her mental illness.

I live where she abducted the kids, so this case hit home for me.. That is pretty much what everyone thinks here. She is playing the system to avoid Prison. It breaks everyones hearts here..

while I do think she is mentally ill, I also think shes malingering. she knows what she did and is playing the part.
I absolutely agree. She knows what became of those children, has the capability to express that in words, but won't give any information on the subject. At all costs, she wants to stay out of jail/prison. The psych unit is her preference. As long as she is deemed to be mentally incompetent to stand trial/aid in her defense, she can stay where she is. If she is found to be competent, well she knows where she'll end up!

I think she is also because the people who know her best (Mother and baby daddy) seem to believe she is not being truthful.
I absolutely agree. She knows what became of those children, has the capability to express that in words, but won't give any information on the subject. At all costs, she wants to stay out of jail/prison. The psych unit is her preference. As long as she is deemed to be mentally incompetent to stand trial/aid in her defense, she can stay where she is. If she is found to be competent, well she knows where she'll end up!

This is what tells me the children are no longer alive. If they were alive, don't you think she would have taken LE to them? Why would she stay in a mental hospital if she could get out by telling LE where the children are? I think she is very intelligent and manipulative as well as mentally ill. JMO

Competency hearing on Friday - 30th November 09:30 EST
What are your thoughts about how the competency hearing might turn out? I don’t know enough about the law or how it is applied in these crimes,
but do you think that, based upon the fact she has been institutionalized for the past four years, if she was tried for these crimes she could be found “not guilty by reason of insanity?”

What are your thoughts about how the competency hearing might turn out? I don’t know enough about the law or how it is applied in these crimes,
but do you think that, based upon the fact she has been institutionalized for the past four years, if she was tried for these crimes she could be found “not guilty by reason of insanity?”

To be completely honest I have no idea what could happen. I only hope for the best outcome and for justice for Sarah and Jacob.

Here is the post from Facebook on the competency hearing (will alert mods as I’m not sure if this is ok to post or not):

This Friday is Catherine’s next competency hearing. We are and have been in the circuit court now, as she was indicted on two counts of murder in September of 2017. The murder trial is pending her competence to stand trial. Most people are found competent within 60 days, but no longer than a year. The psychiatric facility continues to state that she is “restorable.” It’s been over four years now.

Please pray as hard as you ever have that this hearing brings the change that is so far overdue. Sarah and Jacob deserve justice and we won’t stop until they get it. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

FindSarahFindJacob

BBM

I have always felt like if she was competent enough to allude her husband and LE, she knows exactly what she is doing and is competent to stand trial. JMO

She's pulling the wool over someone's eyes I believe!

I have so many theories on this....I think more people are involved...how can someone so incompetent have orchestrated all of this made 2 children disappear with no signs of foul play no evidence on where they are...and still be found so incompetent?? there is so much of a history that isn't even out in the public eye with this family I'm sure there is more to the story than just Catherine killed her children

Okay, I'm not sure if this interview has been mentioned or shared on the thread already - my apologies if it has - but I'm going to share this March 2018 blog post with you guys (link below). In this blog interview, Troy Turner's sister, Raelane Turner, opens up to the blog's author, who is also her friend, about the children's disappearance. I believe that Troy has three sisters to whom he is close, and who were all very involved in Sarah and Jacob's lives. Remember the Washington Post article where Dan Morse reports that Catherine tried (and failed) to get a peace order against one of Troy's sisters? I think it may have been Raelane, but she's not explicitly mentioned in that particular article. Anyway, here it is:

What happened to Sarah and Jacob? A conversation with their aunt – Raelane Turner

In the blog post, Raelane shares quite a bit of what she knows regarding her niece and nephew, as well as some eye-opening tidbits about Catherine herself. She brings up the questions she still has about the disappearance and ensuing criminal case, expressing her thoughts and theories about what really happened. Raelane comes across as a very caring, involved aunt who just wants closure like the rest of the family, and for justice to prevail. I admire her ability to be so logical and well-spoken in a situation that would drive so many people crazy with grief.

I found these points to be of particular interest:

a) The Scientology connection. Catherine, though she didn't - in Raelane's words - "really talk to people," was possibly interested in Scientology. This is a controversial faith/movement that is known for its intense secrecy and its large but very labyrinthine network of members, known to develop complex systems of communication and rank amongst members. It's been described by former members as being akin to the military, in both its operations and the ranking system. Scientology has come under fire throughout the decades for some shady stuff, including compelling its members to become estranged from friends and family, even to disappear altogether and go into hiding with their kids - whereabouts unknown to all but a few. Was this something Catherine was drawn to? Did someone try to recruit her, knowing her vulnerability as someone with a mental illness? Remember, she hadn't been compliant with treatment - she was known to go off her meds. That could have made her susceptible to all kinds of groups that unfortunately exploit those with mental issues.

b) The man with the tattooed wrist. Who on Earth was this guy?? I definitely think that establishing this man's identity is such an integral part of the puzzle when it comes to cracking this case. Have investigators looked at a patient list of Catherine's outpatient day program she attended in the community? That's where she had been on the day of the kids' disappearance, prior to when Troy picked her up and then insisted she tell him where the kids were (and we all know how that turned out). Troy has previously stated in the many interviews he's done that he has no way of knowing who his former partner may have come into contact with during the times she had been committed, or in her outpatient program. If there's someone she got to know, it's quite likely that they/he was another patient like herself. What other opportunities did she have to meet someone who would potentially become an accomplice? She had no job at the time - didn't even have a valid driver's license. This is someone who just didn't have many opportunities to socialize beyond the family.

Sidenote: I have seen it mentioned that Catherine once took classes in Pre-Law at Montgomery College, I believe it was. It could have been around the time that she was a waitress at the Green Turtle, before she had the kids. Just an interesting fact.

c) Why did Randy Hoggle go to Pennsylvania the day after his daughter and grandchildren disappeared? This is bizarre to me, and apparently raised some eyebrows within the family. I certainly hope that he wasn't involved in some way. I'm sure that he had a completely benign reason to go out-of-state, and a lot of this information may have already been investigated and can't be disclosed to the public. So, as a member of the public, I'm just left unsure about the reason for his little trip the day after, and if it "checks out." I think I've mentioned my thoughts on this thread before about how I think it's not okay to drag other family members into this, or to imply that Catherine's parents either aided her or are protecting her from justice. Lindsay Hoggle, her mom, has actually been very vocal in the media about how she wishes her daughter would finally be found competent, and for some time she continually phoned her daughter in an effort to get some information out of her (until Catherine ceased contact).

These are things that we can only speculate about for now. But, if this case moves to trial - and let's hope it will before she's released - don't be surprised if all of this information comes out when Catherine is finally questioned.

JusticeforSarahJacob‏ @SarahJacobVoice

Yet another status hearing to determine if Catherine is “competent” to stand trial. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

D2BjTREX4AMbYem.jpg

JusticeforSarahJacob on Twitter

JusticeforSarahJacob‏ @SarahJacobVoice

Yet another status hearing to determine if Catherine is “competent” to stand trial. #AVoiceforSarahandJacob #JusticeforSarahandJacob

D2BjTREX4AMbYem.jpg

JusticeforSarahJacob on Twitter
I've always thought those children were placed in a black market adoption and her parents are involved. Police should investigate the CPS caseworkers who interacted with the family. I think they linked-up the parents with the unethical attorney who is likely in another state.

imo, that's what happened to the three Skelton boys in Michigan who lived very close to the Ohio state line. Their father admits he gave them away. It happened to Rosie O'Donnel's daughter who was taken from her mother in Wisconsin and adopted by O'Donnel. It nearly happened to Sonya McCaul in Nebraska while her father was in prison. She was taken to Tennessee by a babysitter and turned over to Tennessee CPS who then placed her with a Tennessee family who tried to sever the father's parental rights and adopt her. It took the father 8 years to get her back.

The common denominator in all these cases is Child Protective Services.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member