MD - Suspect's Weapon Falls & Discharges During Arrest by Baltimore Police

Wondering why was he on a stretcher?

This seems to be a very interesting exercise in our 24 hour news cycle and how eyewitness testimony is not always accurate.

Eye witness accounts are the worst evidence ever in any case. They are just not reliable.

So NOW BPD is saying the suspects gun fell and went off---but none of the cops shot their weapons.

NOTE the witnesses who are saying they SAW the cops shoot him. And the female witness who SWEARS he had no gun and she will NEVER BELIEVE that he did. :no:

And now, will every person getting arrested need a trip to a hospital first??? Nightmare for hospitals, bonanza for lawyers, imo.

Yes, there is, I saw him carried away. I also saw the gun on the ground. But, LE is saying NO shooting took place. Gun may have discharged accidentally, I don't know, and Fox is saying guy probably got hurt dropping to the ground. I believe we all dodged the bullet on this one.

what a :trainwreck:

I had FOX on when they broke in with the news, and Mike Tobin "saw" the incident. That is he saw someone running away and heard one shot. A gun was on the ground, and one officer was guarding it, while the crowd began throwing stuff and advancing toward the officer. Not sure if he was who this guy was running from. AA guy shown being loaded into an ambulance.

Gun on the ground definitely didn't look police issued weapon.

Just wow with regard to how quickly the story takes off, and everyone saw something dofferent.

Justin Fenton ‏@justin_fenton 1m1 minute ago

Police saying "no shooting" does not mean "no shot fired." Their lingo is that "shooting" = person struck, "discharging" = shot fired

FOX ENTERTAINMENT: WHOOPS. Wow, what a mistake to make, I feel sorry that it happened when Shep Smith was on, but he stepped right up and apologized and said "we screwed up."

This could have been a costly mistake in the tinder box that Baltimore has become.

Sounds to me like the guy running away dropped his gun and it went off, thank goodness no one was hurt.

Fox News should be banned from being on that block. They report this in an already tense neighborhood that doesn't like the police. Now I am reading, my boy was there, they shot him in the back for no reason and police lie and <insert bad word> the police. Even the Fox guy is going back on what he said, it is too late. Hope this doesn't create more scenes like last week.

Media needs to be held responsible for causing stuff like this. They report stuff before they have any idea if it's true or not. It's one thing for it to be all over Twitter by users, but for "reputable" news sources, it's unacceptable.

This seems to be a very interesting exercise in our 24 hour news cycle and how eyewitness testimony is not always accurate.

I cannot find any video, nor do I have cable. Anyone see, on video, if a woman/witness said she saw this person shot? Or was it reported that a woman witnessed a shooting?

It will be very interesting how 'eyewitness testimony' is looked at from this point on. IMO

FOX ENTERTAINMENT: WHOOPS. Wow, what a mistake to make, I feel sorry that it happened when Shep Smith was on, but he stepped right up and apologized and said "we screwed up."

This could have been a costly mistake in the tinder box that Baltimore has become.

Sounds to me like the guy running away dropped his gun and it went off, thank goodness no one was hurt.

I heard on CNN that he threw his gun so cops would not find it on him. It discharged when hitting the ground.

OT but NYC cop shot over the weekend has died.

RSBM

Oh, no. Damn.
So sorry for his family !!! From what I've read... Mr. Moore was just sitting in an unmarked patrol car. He did nothing to deserve being murdered by a complete waste of air.

Rest gently , Brian ! Thank you for your service to your community and city.

May justice be as harsh as possible !!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :furious:

:moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roleofros47