MISTRIAL MD - US Army Major Jamie Henry and Ana Gabrelian, Doctors, accused of sharing medical information with Russia, Sept 2022

Cryptic

Reaction score
Another arrest of a married couple (Jonathan and Diana Toebbe being the recent prior arrest) centered on treasonous actions. This time the intended receipient of the information was Russia.

Though not nearly as sexy to a foreign power as the Toebbe's ultra classified submarine engineering / design secrets, the good doctors have been indicted for attempting to pass medical information that they identified as "exploitable" regarding US servicemen to the Russians.

Likewise, they provided information on the war time set up of US field hospitals and also stated that the had access to information about training (presumably medical) that was provided to the Ukrainian army.

Hoping for the maximum if convicted.

"The wife of the US Army's first trans officer told her to stop being a 'coward' and to overlook 'ethical issues' when the couple tried to hand over medical records of senior military officers and their families to the Russian government.

Major Jamie Lee Henry, 39, and Johns Hopkins Dr. Anna Gabrielian, 36, were accused of using their secret security clearance at North Carolina's Fort Bragg to steal the records from the base's hospital, according to the Department of Justice.

Fort Bragg is among one of the most populated military installations in the world, housing about 52,000 active duty soldiers. The base is home to the US Army's Delta Force and Special Operations Forces.

Major Henry was thinking about immigrating to Russia after providing it with private patient medical info? Ummmm..... are they familiar with Russia's attitude and treatment of LGBTQ individuals? That was to be the reward for passing secrets? Oy, nuts!

These people have sworn 2 oaths only to get involved with this. I guess this is military court?
No, Federal court.

I once spoke to a military para legal NCO. He told me that it is common practice for the military to "farm out" cases where they had jurisdiction to federal or local prosecutors.

If convicted, the individual then goes to federal or state prison rather than the military prison at Leavenworth, Kansas. I dont know why the military does this. Perhaps there is not alot of room at Leavenworth?

Last edited:
Ummmm..... are they familiar with Russia's attitude and treatment of LGBTQ individuals? That was to be the reward for passing secrets? Oy, nuts!
Very good point. The fact that eastern Europe in general and Russia in particular is not LGBT friendly is very well known. Then factor in that both members of the duo are highly educated and news aware.

The totality seems bizarre......

Gabrielian repeatedly affirmed loyalty to Russia. Yet, her last name seems Armenian, not Russian. There is a historic Armenian population in Russia. Maybe her loyalty is derived from that connection?

In regards to Armenian and Russian ties, I think they gradually have become muted when Russia failed to fully support Armenia in their long cold war with Azerbaijan.

Recently, the cold war went very hot and the drone flying, data linked, and well equipped (oil can buy alot of new military equipment) Azeri army trounced the 1980s tech Armenian army. Russia did not intervene for Armenia. I don't think the Armenians took that well.

So... where does Gabrielian's loyalty to Russia come from? And.... why would a doctor risk everything supplying low grade secrets to the Russians? Surely, she could not a "cost benefit" analysis and conclude the slight benefit to Russia was not worth the risk?

Yet.... one LGBT doctor falls in love with a country known for being unfriendly to LGBT people. The other doctor proclaims loyalty to Russia for reasons that are not apparent- then risks all to give them low grade secrets.

It just does not make sense.....

I’m really surprised they were released to home detention. The Toebbe couple went immediately to jail. Does anyone here have an understanding why that would be?

I’m really surprised they were released to home detention. The Toebbe couple went immediately to jail. Does anyone here have an understanding why that would be?
It might be the level of secrets that they were attempting to give away.

The Toebbes were trying to sell high grade submarine secrets that would help an enemy in the strategic sense. For example, engineering level schematic drawings, design studies of the various components, engineering level studies of test results for noise, speed, etc.

Meanwhile, the material that the dynamic medical duo was trying to give away was not not going to help the Russians in the strategic sense.

Sure, the Russians would have found the personal medical records of servicemen and their family members, information about how a US army field hospital operates in wartime etc, medical training given to the Ukrainian army etc. well worth careful reading with cross referencing to other material in mind. But, in the end, it was all very low grade stuff.

Getting on a soap box....

The couple apparently offered to help the Russians with very low grade materials. They were then duly arrested for it. But... the agents did not appear to try to get the couple to severely hang themselves:

"This stuff is interesting, but can you try to material on US would respond to a biological attack? Where would the President be moved to during a super lethal biological outbreak? Is the advertised WV bunker outdated?".

Instead the agents seem to have shut the couple down fast. This is in contrast to other investigations of dimwitted, but loud talking right wing militia guys, leftwing eco dudes 'n dudettes, and wanna'be Al Queda "made" members.

In several cases, the defense attorneys claim that law enforcement artificially amplified the intent of the dimwits that led to far longer sentences:

Don't have weapons at the right wing protest"? I got some cool weapons here for show and tell- take a look at them." ( I"ll take photos). -or- Super gluing the locks on the lumber company? Lame, so lame. How about.. blow'in a dam? -or- "Gotta cross state lines to get at the mega macho bombs and missiles for the ultimate Jihad"

In the end, undercover techniques need to be consistent for all plotters. Getting off my soap box now.

Last edited:
It might be the level of secrets that they were attempting to give away.

The Toebbes were trying to sell high grade submarine secrets that would help an enemy in the strategic sense. For example, engineering level schematic drawings, design studies of the various components, engineering level studies of test results for noise, speed, etc.

Meanwhile, the material that the dynamic medical duo was trying to give away was not not going to help the Russians in the strategic sense.

Sure, the Russians would have found the personal medical records of servicemen and their family members, information about how a US army field hospital operates in wartime etc, medical training given to the Ukrainian army etc. well worth careful reading with cross referencing to other material in mind. But, in the end, it was all very low grade stuff.

OK, makes sense. Thank you!

This article has a little more background on Jamie Lee—<mischaracterizes the article>

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Federal court.

I once spoke to a military para legal NCO. He told me that it is common practice for the military to "farm out" cases where they had jurisdiction to federal or local prosecutors.

If convicted, the individual then goes to federal or state prison rather than the military prison at Leavenworth, Kansas. I dont know why the military does this. Perhaps there is not alot of room at Leavenworth?
Maybe they thought they'd be better able to assemble a case corresponding to federal law rather than military? There's HIPAA as well as state secrets.

Very good point. The fact that eastern Europe in general and Russia in particular is not LGBT friendly is very well known. Then factor in that both members of the duo are highly educated and news aware.

Gabrielian repeatedly affirmed loyalty to Russia. Yet, her last name seems Armenian, not Russian. There is a historic Armenian population in Russia. Maybe her loyalty is derived from that connection?

In regards to Armenian and Russian ties, I think they gradually have become muted when Russia failed to fully support Armenia in their long cold war with Azerbaijan.

Recently, the cold war went very hot and the drone flying, data linked, and well equipped (oil can buy alot of new military equipment) Azeri army trounced the 1980s tech Armenian army. Russia did not intervene for Armenia. I don't think the Armenians took that well.

So... where does Gabrielian's loyalty to Russia come from? And.... why would a doctor risk everything supplying low grade secrets to the Russians? Surely, she could not a "cost benefit" analysis and conclude the slight benefit to Russia was not worth the risk?

Yet.... one LGBT doctor falls in love with a country known for being unfriendly to LGBT people. The other doctor proclaims loyalty to Russia for reasons that are not apparent- then risks all to give them low grade secrets.

This whole thing is nutso! I can't imagine an LGBT adult being ignorant about Russia, its laws, and their views about LGBT folks, 'cos Russia is notorious! JLH would be arrested in a heartbeat. Yet JLH's reason for not being enthusiastic about handing over secrets is ETHICS? Bwahahaha!

"The wife of the US Army's first trans officer told her to stop being a 'coward' and to overlook 'ethical issues' when the couple tried to hand over medical records of senior military officers and their families to the Russian government.

Major Jamie Lee Henry, 39, and Johns Hopkins Dr. Anna Gabrielian, 36, were accused of using their secret security clearance at North Carolina's Fort Bragg to steal the records from the base's hospital, according to the Department of Justice.

Fort Bragg is among one of the most populated military installations in the world, housing about 52,000 active duty soldiers. The base is home to the US Army's Delta Force and Special Operations Forces.
I wonder if it was LGBT medical info JLH was handing over? That would make the treachery "next dimension."

This kind of information might give Russia opportunities for blackmail, and, indeed, might be quite valuable for that reason. There has historically been a problem with this, and it's quite possible some US (and other) VIP's are currently under blackmail threat: an example would be if an elected representative was swapping votes for silence.

Cryptic. It all must be coming from very, very big money. It may be astronomically large. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed

He (JLH) now apparently identifies as a male:

“However, the indictment against Henry unsealed Thursday refers to Henry using male pronouns, such as “he.” A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Baltimore told CNBC that the indictment was written that way because more recently Henry has used male pronouns and Henry’s wife had also used male pronouns to refer to Henry”

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Human Rights Watch current assessment, post invasion of Ukraine (so, very recent), on LGBT folks in the Russian orbit:

Quote:

When the Russian Patriarch Kirill referred to “gay parades” in Ukraine among the justifications for Russia’s invasion, he tapped into a longstanding, politically effective refrain used by Russian President Vladimir Putin that positions Russia as the defender of “traditional values.” This echoes political rhetoric in Poland, where about 100 localities have declared themselves “LGBT-ideology free zones,” and Hungary, where President Viktor Orbán has waged a legislative and rhetorical campaign against [the rights of] LGBT people for political gain.

Except he (JLH) now apparently identifies as a male:

“However, the indictment against Henry unsealed Thursday refers to Henry using male pronouns, such as “he.” A spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Baltimore told CNBC that the indictment was written that way because more recently Henry has used male pronouns and Henry’s wife had also used male pronouns to refer to Henry”

Oh, okay. I'm totally on board with that. I thought the transition was to female, per this article:

Oh, okay. I'm totally on board with that. I thought the transition was to female, per this article:

You were right though, if I understood you correctly? JLH initially transitioned to female, but currently identifies as male. Sorry if I am repeating myself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
111coffeequeen111
Back