ME ME - Attiin Shaw, 33, Washburn, Sept 2021

On Tuesday this week, troopers, evidence response technicians and detectives with Major Crimes Unit North were at Shaw’s residence on Washburn Road as part of their investigation, but police did not release any details about what they were looking for, why they returned, and what, if anything, they found.
1707920881471.jpeg

There's something off with the husband. His text sent to Atiins late dad was definitely suspicious.
Mostly, suspect in missing couple is the person close to the victim.
Hope her family in Indonesia find justice.

There's something off with the husband. His text sent to Atiins late dad was definitely suspicious.
Mostly, suspect in missing couple is the person close to the victim.
Hope her family in Indonesia find justice.
What did the text say?

Article from Indonesian Lantern provides a window into the complexities surrounding Attin's disappearance, as well as the ongoing investigation into her case.

Screen-Shot-2024-02-18-at-9.16.41-PM.png
Note: This article has undergone translation from Indonesian to English using Google Translate.

Translation Indonesian to English Text
ChatGPT 3.5

Youtube Video

"Information about Attiin Rahmawati, who went missing in Washburn, Maine, USA, was last seen on February 28, 2023. If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact the phone number 951-219-2142 or +662-813-93919101. All assistance and information are greatly appreciated. Thank you."

"Hello, this is with Bucek, yes, currently yesterday I received a WhatsApp from a friend about what's happening in our Indonesia and coincidentally, she's from Biak, which apparently has been missing since September 2021. So here I am with her younger sister Anita, how are you Anita? Alhamdulillah, Anita is fine. Where are you now, Dek? Your position in Jogja? In Jogja, yes, and also nearby. Anita is the younger sister of Attiin, right? Yes, that's correct. And to my left here, this is her cousin, named Sadia. Where were you earlier? In France? Yes, like this, okay.

So, I heard that Attiin suddenly went missing since September 2021. Everyone is wondering why. Why we never knew about it, right? Why so far? Can you tell us a bit, who is Anita? Can you start first?

So, the last time, she was chatting with Attiin was in August 2021. Since they were far apart, they didn't communicate intensively. But in October 2021, during a video call with her husband, he mentioned that the team hadn't been home for a month. Then, when they learned about this, they asked her husband what had been done, whether he had reported it to the police or not. According to her husband, he had reported it to the police. And we, the family, trusted her husband. So, we've been waiting for updates from the police and her husband. So far, how the search has been conducted. From the information shared here, I'll also share it on YouTube. Her name is Attin Rachmawati, she's a Muslim, 35 years old, from Indonesia. I know her, and I also know your aunt and uncle, who were probably my school friends in Biak, at Yoto salon, Mrs. Yoto's place. Then, she had been in America for 3 years, arrived in 2020. Her husband is a foreigner, working as a math and science professor. Alright, so her husband is a teacher, an educator, and he teaches in Maine, right? That's correct. His work is in Maine. Attin used to work, did she ever tell Anita what she did while she was in Maine? She worked from home, but she also worked at a pizza restaurant once, and she did some cleaning at someone's house. She worked and lived there, right? Yes, she worked and lived there. I mean, she worked and lived inside, whether she returned home or not, or how was it? Part-time at Pizza, she probably commuted. Cleaning the house, it was a house where the owner lived. She worked and stayed there, right? Yes, she worked and stayed there, whether she returned or not, or how it was, part-time at Pizza, commuting. Because it seemed like the house was empty. So, she was in charge of cleaning it, it had been checked, and the place was empty. It's been a long time since then, she had worked like that, around 2020 when she first arrived. Attin still remains an Indonesian citizen, right? So, she's still within the jurisdiction of Indonesia, perhaps at the Indonesian Consulate General in New York. So, the Indonesian government is fully responsible for her because she's an Indonesian citizen, meaning the consulate general is responsible for her, right? So, I hope this information from YouTube can be disseminated to our friends in Indonesia, Indonesian people, that's why we want to gather as much information as possible. Surely there are suspicions, maybe there are, surely, who knows, perhaps she's been kept away or something happened to her and her husband, who's responsible, or how, but from the information from when she... how her husband... from your conversation, her husband is a good person, right? That's what I heard. That's what you've heard from what you got. She often mentioned that her husband is a good person, so first, her husband is a good person, right? If possible, can you tell us her husband's name? What's the best way? Alright, alright, so Mike Patrick Shaw, right? How old is he, around... How old is her husband, around...? Born in 1966, so he's around 37 years old. 1966, so that's... Alright, so he's around 55 years old, 50 years old, right? 54 years old, okay. And they have children, how many children do they have? They have four children, the oldest one is around...? In 2009. So, the oldest one is around 14 years old, right? Around 14 years old. The second one was born in 2012, so around 11 years old. How old is the youngest one? Less than 2 years old, around 6 years old. So surely, perhaps they were... Are they religious enough? By that, I mean, do they always go to the mosque or something? It seems like there's no mosque there because from what I asked, if she were there, she would definitely look for a mosque or Indonesian community. Usually, that's what Indonesian people do. And indeed, here, there are many Indonesian people who work and live in other people's houses. It's not a lowly thing, not a maid, not... don't take it as a maid, it's a common thing, especially living in someone's house. Maybe she lived inside or something, she didn't tell her husband, right? Well, people would surely ask, why has it been so long? How many years? 2021, 22, 23, around 2 years, right? 2 years, 1 year, 5 months, 1 year, 5 months, why hasn't there been any inquiries? Why? Is there a reason? Do you think badly of it? Because, as you mentioned earlier, she has gone missing before, right? She has gone missing for 3 weeks, 1 month, something like that, right? That's true, what's the story? She actually suffered from... so, if there's a manic episode, she'd just go... but she always comes back, usually she returns shortly. Alright, so previously, when she lived with you guys, before getting married, did that happen? We also didn't feel that she was different, suffering from something, it seemed normal. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 3 years ago. This photo behind me was taken in Myanmar, right? The one behind Sadia. It's Myanmar, right? It looks like it's from that direction. She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and because of that, when she's in a manic state, during her manic episodes, she's up, she has a lot of ideas, even though sometimes they're not... she has a lot of ideas, even though sometimes they're not... Yes, exactly. How do you feel about it? How does Anita feel about it, when you were together, why did it happen? At the cafeteria, when she had a manic episode, it hadn't happened before, but it started appearing after she turned 30, right? 32 years old, with... with what she... she also had bipolar disorder, and it appeared when... When men usually... it appears around 17 years old, while for women, it's a bit later, it's probably older, right? It's probably older, it's like... it appears like a switch, like a lamp, it's suddenly turned on, there's nothing, suddenly it appears, and it's... it's normal for it to be rejected, right? So, I also heard that she... has she ever gone missing for 3 weeks? Then it turned out she was working at a pizza company, right? The remainder of the information was obtained from her mother, who often communicated with her husband. So, her mother got information from her husband. If you notice, she was missing for 3 weeks, but when she returned, she told her husband that she had been working at a pizza place. And like this. Oh, and can it be told what happened the night before she disappeared? Can Anita or someone tell the story from their perspective, because Mike told the story? So, the night before, they indeed wanted to go somewhere, they said she didn't want to go, she wanted to go alone, she pleaded, then Mari said no, and they talked all night long. After that, in the morning, when she woke up, they thought everything was fine, right? They went shopping, right? They went shopping. Mike doesn't know when exactly, when she came back, Katine was no longer there with her luggage, she said she wanted to go, to work, or why, right? Yes, she just wanted to go, right? Just go from home, like this. But sometimes she locks herself in her room, like being alone, so the kids are used to it when there are times when they're not close. So usually, if I remember correctly, my friends at home, at one time, when she was manic, when she was depressed, she could sleep for 2 days and 2 nights, it was not usual, and people usually... just sleeping for one day would be tired, right? She could sleep for 2 days and 2 nights, right? This is true. She went to a doctor, where... Sadia doesn't know, is it... Pipo...? Whatever, it's quite something, right? So, for her bipolar disorder, it's bipolar Type 1. But as for the location, it's not known yet, because her husband still thinks she'll go to work or she'll come back home. But she hasn't come back home for a year, a year and a half, she hasn't come back home, so friends, this is a little information that we can tell about Attin Rachmawati. I hope our friends in the Indonesian diaspora, especially around Mei area, who have this information, please spread it, because we Indonesian people have a tendency to always want Indonesian food, especially Indonesian restaurants in Mei or around there. Usually, we miss Indonesian food or Indonesian figures, or maybe if there's a release, maybe look for religious lectures, especially soon it's Ramadan, right? So, if she's working, if she's joining a religious lecture, please inform us so that her children are waiting, her family is waiting. If she wants to go there again, it's okay, but write to inform her family, so her family doesn't feel confused and worried, right? Thank you everyone for your information, hopefully with this YouTube, people will understand more, understand the background, why, why are they asking, maybe they're worried she was killed by her husband, or hidden, or something like that, a claim or something, but from this information, we heard that she had gone missing several times, especially during her manic episodes. Thank you, hopefully with this YouTube, Attin can be found soon, and if she sees this, she can contact her husband soon. Thank you everyone."

Last edited:
I missed that there was a search at their home, but i am very glad to see something happening. I thought before how this is a desperate situation for her family as Attin has no lobby where she lived. And also as her partner and his family did not stear any noise.

I hope the investigators stay on the case and find any hint

I wonder if LE/a trainer psychologist has interviewed the children without anyone else present. I'm guessing probably not, but something isn't right.

If she had a history if taking off briefly, she should have been reported missing by her husband within a day, IMO. If he didn't report pass alleged incidents, I find that suspicious.

This whole claim of her mental health history and actions may or may not even be true, but I hope LE has looked very thoroughly into it all. MOO.

Agree with what ChatteringBirds said above. The "arrangement" with her husband to report her missing after 1 month if she takes a break for her mental health? That part makes absolutely no sense to me. They have young kids, I can see the arrangement being a few hours, but not four full weeks. Especially when she had no license and lived somewhere very remote. Where would she even go?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back