ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from : http://www.kjonline.com/news/lawyer-aylas-aunt-telling-the-truth_2012-02-13.html

The mother and daughter are the only DiPietro family members Bourget is representing, because "they are the only ones who asked me to represent them," he said.

Elisha DiPietro graduated from Waterville Senior High School in 2007. According to Morning Sentinel archives, in nearly every quarter during her four years at the school, DiPietro was listed on the honor roll, sometimes with high honors. In the spring and fall semesters of 2011, she was named to the dean's list at Kennebec Valley Community College.

JMO ... but the above info about Elisha's "school honors" is "bothering me" ...

There is a missing child here -- Ayla ! :maddening:

And they want to discuss Elisha's "honors" from high school ? WTH ? And "who cares" if she had good school grades ... :maddening:

Is this a "defense strategy" that is being put out there now to make it look like at least "one" of the "Waterville Three" is "more believable" -- you know, like being on the honor roll, dean's list -- makes you believable -- I call bs on that one ...

Really ? Really ? Just had a thought : the CraigsList Killer was in Med School ! And I am sure we go on for days naming others ... sorry, not to go off topic here ...

JMO ... but ED's "education achievements" have absolutely nothing to do with AYLA BEING MISSING !

Something "stinks" here ...

JMO and MOO ...

I have to be honest. I don't find it that odd the JD purchased life insurance for Ayla. Having been an insurance agent, I know how often agents will "upsell" a client. JD may have contacted the agency (his friend) to obtain insurance for himself, after having been advised this would be the responsible thing to do for your child, and while there, may have been pitched the child policy at a discounted rate. Those pitches can be very persuasive and the policies can be used as a college fund for later in life. A young, healthy man like JD, would have been able to purchase a policy for about $25 a month and adding Ayla would most likely only have increased the rate by a few dollars. His friend may have even pressured him by using the 'ole, "I will get a commission" pitch, which is unethical, but possible... Just some thoughts and jmo. But, not every detail points to guilt. I think JD has enough against him without having to see nefarious intent in every action...respectfully, of course, just my own opinion.

I missed the life insurance policy. Can someone save me the time and trouble of searching for the info please? How much was the policy for?

(we have insurance on all our kids that are minors--just enough to cover cost of burial).

TIA!

I missed the life insurance policy. Can someone save me the time and trouble of searching for the info please? How much was the policy for?

(we have insurance on all our kids that are minors--just enough to cover cost of burial).

TIA!

I don't believe the amount of coverage has been released. Only that a policy was purchased as soon as a week after JD took over care of Ayla. This info was released on aylareynolds.com by Trista's family.

I have to be honest. I don't find it that odd the JD purchased life insurance for Ayla. Having been an insurance agent, I know how often agents will "upsell" a client. JD may have contacted the agency (his friend) to obtain insurance for himself, after having been advised this would be the responsible thing to do for your child, and while there, may have been pitched the child policy at a discounted rate. Those pitches can be very persuasive and the policies can be used as a college fund for later in life. A young, healthy man like JD, would have been able to purchase a policy for about $25 a month and adding Ayla would most likely only have increased the rate by a few dollars. His friend may have even pressured him by using the 'ole, "I will get a commission" pitch, which is unethical, but possible... Just some thoughts and jmo. But, not every detail points to guilt. I think JD has enough against him without having to see nefarious intent in every action...respectfully, of course, just my own opinion.

I didn't read that he purchased life insurance for the baby but if he did, I'm sorry but that is suspicious to me. The man didn't even have his own home. He is spending money every month on a policy? I don't buy it. He was a single man and didn't seem like he had been very concerned with taking care of his family. I don't even know that he paid child support, and this may have been talked about, but I kind of wonder if the reason he wanted custody so bad was to avoid child support. I have known many who have done that. He sure doesn't seem the responsible type who worries about his child having college money.

The police will neither confirm nor deny the information, but it was mentioned in MSM here:
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Lawyer-Aylas-aunt-telling-the-truth.html

State police won't comment on website claims
Citing anonymous sources at the Maine State Police, Ayla Reynolds’ maternal family released a statement Monday that the child’s father, Justin DiPietro, failed a police polygraph test, bought life insurance on the child after taking custody of her and sought termination of child support payments after he had custody of her.

The statement was released on the website www.aylareynolds.com, which is run by Trista Reynolds’ step-father Jeff Hanson.

Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland said Monday that he was aware of the Reynolds’ statement, but wouldn’t offer new information on the investigation.​

snipped from : http://www.kjonline.com/news/lawyer-aylas-aunt-telling-the-truth_2012-02-13.html

The mother and daughter are the only DiPietro family members Bourget is representing, because "they are the only ones who asked me to represent them," he said.

Elisha DiPietro graduated from Waterville Senior High School in 2007. According to Morning Sentinel archives, in nearly every quarter during her four years at the school, DiPietro was listed on the honor roll, sometimes with high honors. In the spring and fall semesters of 2011, she was named to the dean's list at Kennebec Valley Community College.

JMO ... but the above info about Elisha's "school honors" is "bothering me" ...

There is a missing child here -- Ayla ! :maddening:

And they want to discuss Elisha's "honors" from high school ? WTH ? And "who cares" if she had good school grades ... :maddening:

Is this a "defense strategy" that is being put out there now to make it look like at least "one" of the "Waterville Three" is "more believable" -- you know, like being on the honor roll, dean's list -- makes you believable -- I call bs on that one ...

Really ? Really ? Just had a thought : the CraigsList Killer was in Med School ! And I am sure we go on for days naming others ... sorry, not to go off topic here ...

JMO ... but ED's "education achievements" have absolutely nothing to do with AYLA BEING MISSING !

Something "stinks" here ...

JMO and MOO ...

If it's the lawyer speaking I find it odd too but it could be just the reporter searching for whatever he can find in the newspaper archives for background and to meet the editor's word count minimum. The lawyer is not quoted for that paragraph, the source appears to be Morning Sentinel archives.

IMO, the insurance, the vandalism, the fight, are all "red herrings" in this case and nothing to do with whatever the he** happened to Ayla.

If it's the lawyer speaking I find it odd too but it could be just the reporter searching for whatever he can find in the newspaper archives for background and to meet the editor's word count minimum. The lawyer is not quoted for that paragraph, the source appears to be Morning Sentinel archives.

:seeya: I agree ... I thought the same thing at first, too ... I am sure the reporter searched all their archives for anything and everything they could find on the Waterville 3 ...

And no doubt the defense attorney was "pleased as punch" when he read that "flattering" section of the article ...

:waitasec: I know it's just me ... but I am still "suspicious" about Elisha ... WHAT does she REALLY know ?

MOO ...

:seeya: I agree ... I thought the same thing at first, too ... I am sure the reporter searched all their archives for anything and everything they could find on the Waterville 3 ...

And no doubt the defense attorney was "pleased as punch" when he read that "flattering" section of the article ...

:waitasec: I know it's just me ... but I am still "suspicious" about Elisha ... WHAT does she REALLY know ?

MOO ...
I am also suspicious about Courtney. She was there. She is/was Justin's girlfriend, so my eyes have always been firmly on her, too.

MOO

Reading the comments from the morning sentinel. A bunch of internet detectives over there!

"From Angela via This Little Light of Maine Facebook page: "For
those who are talking about there being a life insurance policy bought
for Ayla: Justin also bought a policy for himself where Ayla is the
beneficiary if anything were to happen to him. AND he did not seek out
the policy, his best friend of over a decade is in the insurance
business and this is his job. He sells insurance for a living, as does
his dad. How do I know this for a fact? It was sold
to Justin by my cousin. And just to put it out there, we bought
policies for all three of our children too. If you speak with a
financial advisor or insurance person, they will likely explain why it's
a good idea, even if, and especially if you have little income. My
husband and I did it many years ago on the advice of a friend. It is
NOT evidence against Justin of a crime. It is what parents do.
Especially if their best friend is in that business and is approached
about it."
http://www.facebook.com/#!/aylalight

This explanation makes sense to me.

Angela is the one who runs thislittlelightofmaine.com who is apparently really close with Justin and first posted the Dipietros 'timeline' of the nights events to later remove it due to so much critisism.

So PD and ED share an attorney, but not with JD?

I had a conversation about this once with an attorney friend. The way he explained it to me is that if two people are implicated in the same crime they will usually have separate attorneys. The attorney is obligated to act in the best interest of their client, but if two defendants are represented by the same attorney, a conflict of interest will arise if they start to turn on each other. Did that make sense?

Anywhoo. . .interesting that PD and ED share an attorney. I hope that implies that they don't expect whatever is in their best interests to ever conflict. BUT they have cut JD from the herd.

Dear Lord, please let this be a sign that PD and ED realize that, at some point, what is in their best interest will be in direct conflict with what is in JD's best interest. Please let this mean that they understand, in order to protect themselves, they may have to implicate JD. :please:

I hope the finger pointing starts soon, so that we can find out what REALLY happened to Ayla.

I had a conversation about this once with an attorney friend. The way he explained it to me is that if two people are implicated in the same crime they will usually have separate attorneys. The attorney is obligated to act in the best interest of their client, but if two defendants are represented by the same attorney, a conflict of interest will arise if they start to turn on each other. Did that make sense?

Anywhoo. . .interesting that PD and ED share an attorney. I hope that implies that they don't expect whatever is in their best interests to ever conflict. BUT they have cut JD from the herd.

Dear Lord, please let this be a sign that PD and ED realize that, at some point, what is in their best interest will be in direct conflict with what is in JD's best interest. Please let this mean that they understand, in order to protect themselves, they may have to implicate JD. :please:

I hope the finger pointing starts soon, so that we can find out what REALLY happened to Ayla.

Unfortunately, lawyers are not interested in finding out the truth, only in keeping their clients from being suspects or worse. I doubt very much this one is asking any questions or advising his clients to do anything except stay quiet.

Reading the comments from the morning sentinel. A bunch of internet detectives over there!

"From Angela via This Little Light of Maine Facebook page: "For
those who are talking about there being a life insurance policy bought
for Ayla: Justin also bought a policy for himself where Ayla is the
beneficiary if anything were to happen to him. AND he did not seek out
the policy, his best friend of over a decade is in the insurance
business and this is his job. He sells insurance for a living, as does
his dad. How do I know this for a fact? It was sold
to Justin by my cousin. And just to put it out there, we bought
policies for all three of our children too. If you speak with a
financial advisor or insurance person, they will likely explain why it's
a good idea, even if, and especially if you have little income. My
husband and I did it many years ago on the advice of a friend. It is
NOT evidence against Justin of a crime. It is what parents do.
Especially if their best friend is in that business and is approached
about it."
http://www.facebook.com/#!/aylalight

This explanation makes sense to me.

Angela is the one who runs thislittlelightofmaine.com who is apparently really close with Justin and first posted the Dipietros 'timeline' of the nights events to later remove it due to so much critisism.

I wish someone would ask know everything Angela how Justin paid for this life insurance policy. What does he do for a living? I wonder if he makes his living dealing.

MOO

Respectfully Snipped :

:seeya: I agree -- I find it interesting that PD and ED are sharing an attorney ... Now, I can see Justin would have his own attorney ... but these two sharing an attorneys makes me wonder if there is some "collusion" going on here ? Also, ED claims she was home the night Ayla went "missing" and PD says that she was NOT at the home that night -- after she said she was :waitasec:

:waitasec: Speculating here : I wonder IF PD and ED are going to "throw Courtney under the bus" ? JMO, but I believe that they would throw CR "under the bus" way before they would throw Justin ...

JMO ... but Courtney knows something ... We have heard nothing about Courtney ... no media appearances ... nothing ... and her sister is in the slammer for drugs ...

Oh ... I wish LE would give out some info ... I am tired of not knowing anything and :banghead:

MOO ...

I remember reading that a text was sent and that the textee was concerned about Ayla being abducted. Could someone tell me about when that was please? I was wondering if it was around the time a life insurance policy was taken out on Ayla?

I am also suspicious about Courtney. She was there. She is/was Justin's girlfriend, so my eyes have always been firmly on her, too.

MOO

:seeya: Me too ... and she's another one that hasn't spoken out either ...

:waitasec: I wonder if she has "lawyered up" as well and we just have not heard about it in the MSM yet ?

MOO ...

I remember reading that a text was sent and that the textee was concerned about Ayla being abducted. Could someone tell me about when that was please? I was wondering if it was around the time a life insurance policy was taken out on Ayla?

Here it is, but it doesn't give a date for the text messages:

Reynolds also responded to reports that DiPietro sent her a text message in the days before Ayla disappeared saying that he was worried someone might take the little girl. Reynolds said that’s a sentiment she has heard from DiPietro numerous times, including long before Ayla went missing. She said she took those statements to mean that he feared she or one of her family members would show up one day to take custody of Ayla.

“Justin thought that a lot,” said Reynolds. “He always thought that I would be the one to take her. I always wondered why he was so scared about that. Now that people are bringing it to my attention, I’m going back and saying, wait a minute. I never went to get her because I thought she was OK and well cared for.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...ygraph-test-in-case-of-missing-ayla-reynolds/

I hadn't seen that. I knew about the text messages but I didn't know they were specifically about Trista taking her.
It's odd imo, because I thought they had an agreement that he'd take care of Ayla while she was in the rehab and got her act together and then she was supposed to go back to Trista anyway. Didn't he want to give Ayla back?
Or is this just his excuse to avoid the visitations? No you can't see Ayla because you could take her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Livianth