ME ME - Glenn Barry Patterson, 30 & Jeffrey Hall, 32, Schoodic Lake, 30 Sep 1989

Reaction score
Glenn Barry Patterson and Jeffrey Hall went missing on September 30, 1989 while fishing on Schoodic Lake in Brownville, Piscataquis County, Maine.

Vital Statistics of Glenn Barry Patterson
Race/Ethnicity:
White/Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9" - 5'10" (69 - 70 inches)
Weight: 155 - 165 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Scar/Mark: Small scar on outside corner of right eye
Other Physical Characteristics: Small mole on right side of nose

Clothing: Checkered red/black jacket, jeans, shirt
Footwear: Work boots
Accessories: Bone handle jackknife in holder, wallet

Vital Statistics of Jeffrey Hall
Race/Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9" - 5'10" (69 - 70 inches)
Weight: 180 - 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Amputation: Fourth finger on right hand was partly severed in childhood accident.

Clothing: Harley Davidson t-shirt, black jeans, zip-up sweatshirt, flannel shirt, white socks.
Eyewear: Gold wire-rim glasses

Circumstances of Disappearance
Glenn and Jeffrey went out for the final day of fishing season. They failed to return that night and the next day their boat and various items were found on the lake, partially submerged, but they were gone.

Maine Warden Service
(207) 287-8000

Sources
NamUs - MP54341 (Glenn Barry Patterson)
NamUs - MP54352 (Jeffrey Hall)
Maine Cold Case Alliance

Not a ton of info on this one but I think from the NamUs pages alone, with no other sources of information, Glenn and Jeffrey are most likely at the bottom of Schoodic Lake somewhere. I think it's quite odd that two men in their early 30s would both drown in Schoodic Lake but not completely out of the ordinary. If you're unfamiliar, it's a decent size lake but not huge and someone in fairly good shape could probably swim across. But, accidents happen. Perhaps one or both of the men got hurt and were struggling for shore. Without speculating too much, I think the most realistic answer is that they drowned in Schoodic Lake. Otherwise, why was the boat left unattended in the middle of the lake? I added the Maine Cold Case Alliance because it's the only other source that lists Glenn and Jeffrey as missing persons without an extensive search but does not go into detail about the case.

A boating accident would make sense, especially if the boat was damaged. It seems unlikely that two people in their 30s would both drown in a lake without some sort of injuries or explained loss of consciousness.

It’s either a boating accident or it’s the ending of Brokeback Mountain that many wished for!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne
Back