Found Deceased ME - Sarah McCarthy, 28, said that she didn't know where she was, Cornish, 14 Feb 2020

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
CUMBERLAND COUNTY, Maine — Police say the last contact 28-year-old Sarah McCarthy, of Sebago, had with friends and family was on the phone Friday night during a call in which McCarthy sounded "very disoriented" and claimed she didn't know where she was.

According to officials, McCarthy was last seen leaving Fairground Pizza and Pub at 156 Maple St. in Cornish just before midnight Friday following a work shift. Family told police that they believed McCarthy was driving her car but said she claimed to be "lost and cold."

McCarthy is described as a Caucasian woman with brown hair and blue eyes.

Police identified McCarthy's vehicle as a dark gray 2010 Subaru Forester with license plate number 9896 WK.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office at 207-893-2810.

sarah-mcccarth-woman-jpg-1581804744.jpg

Police looking for 28-year-old Sebago woman who went missing after work shift

It was V Day, did she have a date? Was she driving alone? If she was in her car during the call, why would she say she was cold? Maybe she was on foot, lost and cold? Where had she been? Hopefully traffic cameras picked her up.

Took a quick look on Google street view, her place of work isn't large with a giant parking lot or anything (thought perhaps cold & couldn't locate her car) Its across from a Rite Aid, on the corner is a cemetary, next door is small city or county fairgrounds and some woods behind and to the other side of her workplace. Perhaps the Rite Aid has some cameras outside if her workplace doesnt?

Was she eating/drinking near the end of her shift? Is it possible someone slipped something in her drink? New medication? Bad reaction to old medication? Past drug use?

It was V Day, did she have a date? Was she driving alone? If she was in her car during the call, why would she say she was cold? Maybe she was on foot, lost and cold? Where had she been? Hopefully traffic cameras picked her up.

I'm about 100 miles east. It was 18 below at 5AM this morning.
Article says she had been at work at "Fairgrounds Pizza and Pub" in Cornish, Maine and was heading to a friend's home in Conway, NH. G-Maps puts the trip at 40 minutes/just under 30 miles.

It’s bitter cold. I hope they can use infra red and drones to see if she went off the side of the road somewhere.

Police seek public's help to find missing Sebago woman

Police said McCarthy was last seen driving away from work in a dark gray 2010 Subaru Forester with a Maine license plate 9696WK.

Family, friends and police spent Saturday searching for McCarthy but have yet to locate her.

Sebago to Limington is 15 miles.
Limington to Cornish is just under 8 miles.

Maine Association for Search And Rescue (MASAR)
PLEASE SHARE - Have you seen Sarah "Sarie" McCarthy? She was last seen 2/14-2/15 leaving the Fairgrounds Restaurant in Cornish, Maine. She was driving a dark blue 2010 Subaru Forester, Maine License Plate # 9696 WK Her cell phone is off or out of battery, last ping that Verizon can see was around Limington area. Please call her parents 207-924-4954 or Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, or 911.

I've driven some of those roads. It's very rural and while they're mostly pretty good roads, they are narrow in places and there's quite a lot of water (ponds mostly) and some steep embankments. They're also likely to have slick spots especially where the sun melts during the day and then the water freezes overnight.

I hope they find her today. I think if she'd just run out of gas or had auto problems the vehicle would have been spotted. Here's hoping she didn't slide off the road, even if uninjured the cold can be deadly. I have a box in the back of my truck in the winter that has a sleeping bag good for -30 temps, food bars, water, a couple of large flashlights, and a plumbers candle that gives off a bit of heat. It's not much but it would get me through the night if I ended up broken down someplace rural.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklakemermaid
Back