Vital Statistics
Full Name: Stanley L. Kennard
Race: White / Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5' 10" (70 Inches)
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Tattoos: "STAN" on one arm (unknown which arm), "HARLEY DAVIDSON" and a snake on right arm, a skull on left arm, a cross on right forearm, a pot plant on left forearm, "LIBRA" and "VIKING" on left leg
Last Known Location: Madison, Somerset County, Maine
Date of Last Contact: 15 June 1987
Classification: Endangered Missing

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kennard was living with his mother, girlfriend, and child in Madison, ME. He left home in June-July 1987. His mother believed he was travelling to the Old Orchard Beach area in Southern Maine to look for employment. He took a picture of his child and said he would call and check in but never did. Kennard's mother reported him missing a year later.

Maine State Police
(207) 624-7143

Sources
Maine State Police
DoeNetwork (5068DMME)
NamUs (MP34316)

It's about a 2-hour drive from Madison to Old Orchard Beach (if this is where he was headed).

There seem to be numerous bodies of water on the way, but none that are close to the highway—at least at the beginning of the journey. Towards the end, though, the route crosses the Androscoggin River near Topsham, and near Portland it goes over Back Cove and the Fore River.

Do we know if his car was ever found?

It's about a 2-hour drive from Madison to Old Orchard Beach (if this is where he was headed).

There seem to be numerous bodies of water on the way, but none that are close to the highway—at least at the beginning of the journey. Towards the end, though, the route crosses the Androscoggin River near Topsham, and near Portland it goes over Back Cove and the Fore River.

Do we know if his car was ever found?
This one seems odd. Neither NAMUS nor the doenetwork mention anything about a possible vehicle. If he chose to walk, you are looking at over 24 hours to get to OOB. Why is there no record of a vehicle?

Another thing that leaps out at me now that I'm re-reading the circumstances:

He told his mom he was traveling two hours away to look for work, took a picture of his child, and said he'd call and check in but never did... but his mom reported him missing a year later??

I would understand the delay if Stanley was single because she could've believed he was just a "free spirit," or even irresponsible. But he already had a family of his own that he was apparently looking to provide for. Plus he took his kid's photo, which suggests he loved his child. Why would you do that and then not be in touch anymore?

What did the mom and girlfriend tell themselves during the entire year they stopped hearing from him? Two hours away may be inconvenient, but it's not that far. It's not like he moved to the other side of the country where he couldn't travel back and forth regularly.

I feel like there's something we're not being told.

Another thing that leaps out at me now that I'm re-reading the circumstances:

He told his mom he was traveling two hours away to look for work, took a picture of his child, and said he'd call and check in but never did... but his mom reported him missing a year later??

I would understand the delay if Stanley was single because she could've believed he was just a "free spirit," or even irresponsible. But he already had a family of his own that he was apparently looking to provide for. Plus he took his kid's photo, which suggests he loved his child. Why would you do that and then not be in touch anymore?

What did the mom and girlfriend tell themselves during the entire year they stopped hearing from him? Two hours away may be inconvenient, but it's not that far. It's not like he moved to the other side of the country where he couldn't travel back and forth regularly.

I feel like there's something we're not being told.
You know, family dynamics are always a wild card. Whether it is while we are alive or after passing. I do agree with you that a year seems an awful long time for a Mother to report her child missing.

• stanley_l._kennard_1.jpg
Kennard, circa 1987
  • Missing Since 06/15/1987
  • Missing From Madison, Maine
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10, 160 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Kennard has the following tattoos: his nickname "Stan" on one arm, the words "Harley Davidson" on his right arm, a Viking and the astrological sign for Libra on his left leg, a skull on his left arm, a snake on his right arm, a cross on his right forearm and a marijuana plant on his left forearm.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Looks like he may have been involved in some shady dealings from a young age. If he was still involved with the carnivals for work when he disappeared, that may be what he was traveling for/to. (MOO) according to published articles.

1703896004655.jpeg
1703896020817.jpeg

1703896067604.jpeg
1703896105882.jpeg

Is this the same person, though? Yes, it's the same name, but the math isn't just adding up for me.

According to Namus, Stanley was 26 years old when he vanished in 1987, so he was born around 1961. This fits with the Stanley Jr. cited in the 1979 article, said to be 18 years old at the time.

However, the Stanley (not Jr.) in the 1983 article is said to be 29 years old, which is already three years older, yet four years earlier, than our Stanley when he disappeared. Otherwise, the name and location match.

Could Stanley have been using fake IDs because of what he was involved in? Maybe that's why the family didn't report his disappearance sooner because they feared they'd essentially be turning him in. However, after a year had passed and there was no word, they figured they needed to act.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back