Media Thread - NO DISCUSSION

Despite evidence, no answers in Martin shooting

Some of the case's most important evidence has yet to be made public, including Zimmerman's three interviews with police, and his cell phone records. CBS News learned that includes texts Zimmerman sent after the shooting -- some of them disparage leaders of "Justice for Trayvon" rallies with language described as offensive.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57437482/despite-evidence-no-answers-in-martin-shooting/

BBM

George Zimmerman's attorney says more evidence to come
Mark O'Mara wants client's statements kept out of public eye for now
Author: Tony Pipitone WKMG-Local 6 News
Published On: May 18 2012 07:52:29 PM EDT

"A day after the public got its first detailed look at evidence in the Trayvon Martin case, the attorney defending his accused killer said much more is yet to come.

"There's going to be some other forensic evidence that was worked up, some other expert witness statements, some testing that was done that will get in discovery," said Mark O'Mara.

The most crucial evidence not being released, though, are statements his client George Zimmerman made to police.

They are exempt from disclosure at this point because they are considered confessions."

+

"O'Mara would not comment specifically on any of the evidence, which included statements from acquaintances of Zimmerman who said he showed signs of racism."

More...

Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge
New evidence suggests Trayvon Martin's killer acted in self-defense

"There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.
<snip>
The New York Times has reported that the police had “a full face picture” of Zimmerman, before paramedics treated him, that showed “a bloodied nose.” The prosecutor also had photographic evidence of bruises to the back of his head.

But none of this was included in any affidavit.

Now there is much more extensive medical evidence that would tend to support Zimmerman’s version of events. This version, if true, would establish self-defense even if Zimmerman had improperly followed, harassed and provoked Martin."

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2012/5/18/family_of_trayvon_ma.html

We found how out how Martin's family is responding to the evidence in the case that was recently released.

"Bottom line, they know how this story ends. It ends with their son being killed,” said Ben Crump, the Martin's family attorney.

Crump said the Martin family has had an emotional 24 hours after seeing the pictures and video included in the evidence.

"She's watching that video knowing in five minutes or so her son is gonna be dead, and you know she is trying to talk to the television on one hand. But you know her son died,” Crump said.

Trayvon Martin case 911 call: Two experts reach two very different conclusions

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-conclusions/2012/05/19/gIQAtuapbU_story.html

.........One of those experts is Alan R. Reich, and his answer is that he is certain he can hear a young man he concludes is Martin pleading for his life, from the start of the 45-second recording until the end.

“I’m begging you,” he hears the younger of the two men yell as the recording begins.

Twenty-six seconds later: “Help me.”

In the last second before the gunshot: a high-pitched “Stop!”

More at link....

Trayvon evidence fails to answer who screamed for help
"ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - An FBI expert found crucial evidence in the Trayvon Martin case was inconclusive, saying it was impossible to tell if the voice screaming for help belonged to the black Florida teenager or his shooter George Zimmerman just before the neighborhood watch captain pulled the trigger."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/na...in-evidence-witness6-20120518,0,1900533.story

Key witness in Trayvon Martin shooting: I'm no longer sure Zimmerman was crying for help

The man, identified in prosecution documents as "Witness 6," originally said Zimmerman was the person screaming for help as he fought with the unarmed 17-year-old from Miami Gardens.

But a few weeks later, on March 20, while sitting for a follow-up interview by a Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigator the witness said he was no longer sure who was calling for help.

"At first, I thought it was the person on the ground, just because, you know, me thinking rationally, if someone was on top, the person on the bottom would be yelling," he said.

Now, though, he said, "I truly can't tell who, after thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that sidewalk. You can't see a mouth …"

I don't know where else to put this, but I don't believe anyone else has posted this. I actually got it from the doc dump, it is in the Association's newsletter, saying you can look up the crimes in the area. I thought this would be helpful as it has been disputed just how many crimes were in the gated community (GZ seemed to exaggerate, IMO, and some reported that the more serious one was committed by kids in the neighborhood). Got to www.crimemapping.com , select Sanford PD, and experiment with results by types of crimes and dates. There's also "an app for that," search for crimemapping on your iPhone or iPad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back