Meet & Greet for New Members #3

Hey all. I work in crisis mental health, but initially had a dream of being a forensic profiler but didn't continue on to get a Doctorate (yet). I was exploring the utility of discussing cases with GPT 4 AI, when it eventually recommended I check out this site. Until now I've not had an avenue for my passion for forensic science and constructing profiles to find new leads. I like the idea of looking outside of the box at information that may otherwise be underutilized. I've decided to look at cold missing person cases from my area and see if there's anything I could utilize the internet for. There's only a handful in my area as I live among smaller communities in the Columbia Gorge east of Portland Oregon. I've been checking out a case from 2004 that I'd love to get advice about.
No sir
It's the Delphi murders

I am relatively new here interested in helping if I can.
Hello everyone, I look forward to being here.
Yo. Brand new to this site, but a not-quite-vet-but-still-pretty-experienced-internet-crime-solver. Any tips ya'll may have will be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone:)
Hello, I am a college math student and I joined yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the forum and what the various acronyms mean, but I think that I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

WELCOME!
Check out The Rules section for helpful info…

This section is very helpful and contains acronyms…

And then just regularly peruse the list of threads under “What’s New” and see if anything looks interesting. These aren’t necessarily new threads. These are threads with new posts. Don’t try too hard at first to use your skills. Just pick a short thread, maybe fairly local to you and read from the beginning, then dive in If you want to. As you check out threads, you’ll get the hang of it.

It’s OK to jump around and dip into random threads. I do this all the time, and then get hooked on a case. After awhile you’ll get to “know” regular and long time posters, which is fun. When you post on a case it will show up under ”Watched Threads.” Or you can just keep an eye on a thread by tapping “Watch” at the upper right corner of the thread. Then they’re easy to find again.

Always include a link to mainstream media (MSM) if you’re stating a fact. If it’s your opinion, label it IMO or JMO (in my opinion or just my opinion). Always be polite to other members, even if you disagree with them. Don’t argue. :) If your post gets deleted by a mod, there will be a message explaining why at the top right under the “bell” symbol. Don’t take it personally. Learn and move on.

Websleuths is invaluable if it covers breaking (non crime) news. Members post many news stories about the issue (such as the War in Ukraine, Wildfires, Hurricanes, etc), so you can “read all about it” in one place and stay informed. In the Private Forums area toward the bottom of the Home page, “The Jury Room” and ”The Parking Lot” contain interesting threads that can only be read by members and don’t fit in elsewhere, like the January 6 Insurrection.

I hope this helps. See you around! :)

Last edited:
Hello, I am a college math student and I joined yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the forum and what the various acronyms mean, but I think that I'm slowly getting the hang of it.
bbm

I am a retired prosecutor in Florida and now volunteer for the Marion County Sheriff's Office on cold cases. Look forward to helping wherever

Welcome! You may want to consider becoming a verified professional so you can post in that role. I’m sure you’ll be a big asset here.

I’ll throw three local very disturbing cold cases your way from Southern Oregon. The first two are possibly linked in some way. Any insights you have would be most appreciated!

hi im JJ im majoring in psych and crime analysis and my case im working on is jayme lynn engstrom.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT
Off to ''bump'' the thread..

Hello all. I'm a long time on and off lurker - as in I've visited as and when a case has piqued my interest over the years - and have just decided to take the plunge and join.

I'm UK based and have worked as an undertaker for nearly 2 decades. My current case obsessions are the Daybell/Vallow trials, Alex Murdaugh, Constance Marten and Mark Gordon, Fiona Beal and a case that doesn't have a thread here at present, but that will be starting trial in May and which may be of interest to posters: Robert Brown accused of murdering Victoria Greenwood in late 2023.

Happy to be here & thanks for having me.

Hi all,
I scanned through the "hello" posts on this thread and, like several others, I heard about websleuths on an the Web of Death episode about Abraham Shakespeare. The idea of an online community working together to solve mysteries intrigues me and I look forward to looking around and learning more.
Thanks for letting me join!

Hello all. I'm a long time on and off lurker - as in I've visited as and when a case has piqued my interest over the years - and have just decided to take the plunge and join.

I'm UK based and have worked as an undertaker for nearly 2 decades. My current case obsessions are the Daybell/Vallow trials, Alex Murdaugh, Constance Marten and Mark Gordon, Fiona Beal and a case that doesn't have a thread here at present, but that will be starting trial in May and which may be of interest to posters: Robert Brown accused of murdering Victoria Greenwood in late 2023.

Happy to be here & thanks for having me.
Welcome to Ws @BreadnLumpit
Started thread..

Hello All. Have seen this site from time to time and decided to join. Am interested in Missing and Unidentified cases. Have started following DNA DOE PROJECT. Believe the future of finding the Missing who most likely are the Unidentified Cases will be solved through the DNA and Investigative Genetic Genealogy. Living in East Texas and knowing of SO MANY cases - some mentioned on this site - My hope is that Law Enforcement will start to seek out IGG and hopefully give names back to the Unidentified and also use this tool of DNA genetic genealogy to solve Cold Cases.

Hello

Criminal Psychology Major
My 5 best friends died accidentally/ were murdered in separate incidents.

Model singer actor crime... fighter?

Hello everyone. I read about this forum on reddit and got interested. I hope to be able to help with something someday

Hello everyone! Longtime case-reader, new forum member--not a professional in anything relevant to what we're about here. Looking forward to (hopefully) helping with cases from Virginia in particular!

There was one missing persons case I wanted to make a post about today, but after a quick forum search it seems someone else made a thread about it and then got banned at some point, so the one and only thread about the case is locked. Is it okay to make a repost in that situation? I couldn't find anything about reposts/etc in the rules.

Hello everyone! Longtime case-reader, new forum member--not a professional in anything relevant to what we're about here. Looking forward to (hopefully) helping with cases from Virginia in particular!

There was one missing persons case I wanted to make a post about today, but after a quick forum search it seems someone else made a thread about it and then got banned at some point, so the one and only thread about the case is locked. Is it okay to make a repost in that situation? I couldn't find anything about reposts/etc in the rules.
Welcome to Ws @OccasionalMallard !
Just click on the 'report' icon at bottom left of post, and ask a moderator if the thread can be re-started.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back