Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't feel any sympathy or empathy for her standing there while the Judge read off the charges. My thoughts were on Sandra and how horrific her last moments on earth were at the hands of this woman. Melissa's tears were for herself and not for Sandra.

She showed NO compassion for Sandra when talking about her suitcase being stolen and the other things she so casually commented on during her interviews. There were no tears for Sandra being found in her suitcase if it had been stolen! It would bother anyone else to even imagine a child's coffin was a few minutes earlier in their possession!!

I agree and your post puts it in perspective beautifully.

Today, 01:57 PM
SeriouslySearching
user_online.gif

I didn't feel any sympathy or empathy for her standing there while the Judge read off the charges. My thoughts were on Sandra and how horrific her last moments on earth were at the hands of this woman. Melissa's tears were for herself and not for Sandra.

She showed NO compassion for Sandra when talking about her suitcase being stolen and the other things she so casually commented on during her interviews. There were no tears for Sandra being found in her suitcase if it had been stolen! It would bother anyone else to even imagine a child's coffin was a few minutes earlier in their possession!!

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
and rescue workers at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

YuriM1.jpg

What I post are my opinions only.

Not sure it ranked being brought forward...but Thanks again!!

If you watch the video of the Judge reading the charges...you can see her reactions to what is being said at the time she sheds those tears and what makes her lips tremble. In my opinion, she knows what she did and is responding to being caught plus now the world knowing her vile secrets...not to Sandra's name being mentioned as some talking heads have mentioned.

I think I heard MH's mother took her daughter to live with the father.
The father lives out of state.

Not sure it ranked being brought forward...but Thanks again!!

If you watch the video of the Judge reading the charges...you can see her reactions to what is being said at the time she sheds those tears and what makes her lips tremble. In my opinion, she knows what she did and is responding to being caught plus now the world knowing her vile secrets...not to Sandra's name being mentioned as some talking heads have mentioned.
It ranked high for me SS. You wrote perfectly what I feel.

Many well thought out posts by WS posters, just can't bring them all over.

Window into mental health of Huckaby
April 18, 2009 6:00 AM
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090418/A_NEWS/904180324

So much for mental health evaluations....

A quote from the article:
"She fell into the county court system following her Nov. 3, 2008, arrest for a petty theft at a Tracy Target store.

After her San Joaquin County arrest, a judge ordered two doctors to evaluate Huckaby. They agreed she was competent to stand trial but that there was evidence of mental illness, transcripts and public court records say without revealing a diagnosis.

Huckaby agreed to a yearlong program designed to keep the mentally ill out of jail or prison and to avoid unemployment and suicide."

There is much more to this article - about "how well" Melissa was doing and the "progress" she was making as of March 6th....

The paper trail of her problems begins in 2002, when Melissa Lawless was single and working as a cashier at a Food 4 Less store in Tracy.
By spring 2003 she had gone on maternity leave and was earning $600 a month in disability when she filed for bankruptcy, court records show. Deep in debt from unspecified medical bills and charge cards, she owed more than $26,000 to 23 creditors. She claimed $5,200 in assets, including $3,000 in jewelry, and had just $200 in a checking account, the records show.
Among her largest debts was to Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, which sued her in 2002 for more than $10,000.
She owed another $5,000 from ambulance rides, the court records show, and more than $3,000 to J.C. Penney Co. and Sears.
Amid the financial chaos, Melissa married Johnny Huckaby on May 10, 2003, four months before giving birth to M Huckaby in San Joaquin County, according to court documents.
The pair moved south to Fontana, but the marriage quickly soured, with Melissa and her daughter moving out of their apartment by May 2004. Melissa took her daughter to mother Judy Lawless' Cypress home and separated from Johnny Huckaby in August 2004, according to the divorce file.
On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.
By May 2005, Melissa found a full-time job at Associated Therapists, a Huntington Beach firm that provides administrative assistance to Southern California mental health practitioners. Melissa — who attended Bryman College, a Southern California vocational college — made $1,430 a month working in the medical billing division, while taking in $237 in food stamps.
Huckaby struggled financially with just $200 in savings and a 1991 Chevy Blazer to her name, according to divorce papers.
On Sept. 9, 2005, an Orange County family court judge dissolved the couple's marriage, giving legal and physical custody to 24-year-old Melissa.
Her ex-husband received supervised visits once a month for a half-hour, according to court papers.
The judge ruled there was evidence that Johnny Huckaby's visits be supervised on allegations of: "abduction of child(ren)," domestic violence and alcohol abuse. The judge ordered Johnny Huckaby, who was unemployed, to pay $422 a month in child support.
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_121336...ce=most_viewed

That last part about her ex-hubby is interesting. Makes you go hmmmm.... :waitasec:

Window into mental health of Huckaby
April 18, 2009 6:00 AM
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090418/A_NEWS/904180324

So much for mental health evaluations....

A quote from the article:
"She fell into the county court system following her Nov. 3, 2008, arrest for a petty theft at a Tracy Target store.

After her San Joaquin County arrest, a judge ordered two doctors to evaluate Huckaby. They agreed she was competent to stand trial but that there was evidence of mental illness, transcripts and public court records say without revealing a diagnosis.

Huckaby agreed to a yearlong program designed to keep the mentally ill out of jail or prison and to avoid unemployment and suicide."

There is much more to this article - about "how well" Melissa was doing and the "progress" she was making as of March 6th....

Now, the above situation would have been perfect timing for Daddy to take the 5 year old away-I am intrigued that Melissa was the lesser of two evils in determining custody...right down to sole physical and legal. how does someone rack up 5K in ambulance rides????

Now, the above situation would have been perfect timing for Daddy to take the 5 year old away-I am intrigued that Melissa was the lesser of two evils in determining custody...right down to sole physical and legal. how does someone rack up 5K in ambulance rides????

Where I live, in Texas, we are not charged for necessary ambulance rides, as our taxes pay for that. My grandmother, however, was charged for "frivolous" ambulance rides. So that makes me wonder if the county or whoever deemed that MH's ambulance rides were "frivolous" thus racking up the $5000. imo

I would like to see the video tapes from Target (we know they have them) and to know what she stole from there!

A standard ambulance ride here costs around $800-$1,000. You can get a supplemental policy from the ambulance service company paid per year which relieves payment over the cost of what your insurance company agrees to pay out.

Maybe the ambulance rides were from the times when she was cutting herself and could have bled to death ? a mental "episode"? Or for her daughter who is allegedly sickly?

Maybe the ambulance rides were from the times when she was cutting herself and could have bled to death ? a mental "episode"? Or for her daughter who is allegedly sickly?

The daughter? Yes, could be. I hadn't thought about that. I'd like to know why she was so sickly. Of course, we have to consider the privacy she deserves. But she's an important factor in this case, to be sure, considering the nature of the allegations against her mother. And she figures prominently in the timeline of that terrible Friday afternoon.

If she was filing for bankruptcy by 2003, her daughter would not have been alive unless barely an infant, so perhaps would not account for 5K in Ambulance rides and the 10K in hospital bills. I had a trauma related ride in an ambulance and the charge was just under 400.00. I think it is fair to say that 5K represents a significant number of rides...frivilous is a kind word IMO. She was clearly a frequent flyer-so the ambulance was a taxi service for her or something else. Panic attacks, suicide attempts etc??? Then the fact that she retained custody of her child at all is perhaps a clear indication of how unfit the bio dad must have been??? Puzzling.

On another thread txvicki posted that there was an article about MH's past. I looked and found this...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/huckaby-school-melissa-2368620-finn-family
19 April 2009

snippet of interest:

...She was very nice ... very cordial," said Evelyn Lloyd, her housemate who lived at the house for about 12 years. "Every girl who ended up in (that) house had a story. She (Huckaby) really didn't have a story. She was very secretive."

At first, Lloyd said she "never detected any depression or craziness or any violent behavior."

But then, in 2007, two fires were set at the house just eight days apart. Lloyd was arrested in the first fire on July 20, but the case against her was dismissed. Lloyd said Huckaby might have set her up.

Huckaby and her daughter were at the house when the second fire broke out, on July 28, said La Palma Police Chief Edward Ethell. Everyone who lived at the house, including Huckaby, was questioned about the fire.

Huckaby was considered a "person of interest," but she was not arrested,...

If she was involved in the one or both fires, this adds a dimension to her psychological make up when couple with the thefts and the crimes against Sandra that is pretty darn scary. IMHO.

I would like to know her behavior immediately after the fires? Why was she considered a person of interest in the second fire? What was the behavoir she had that alerted LE? Too helpful? hmmmm.

Just my humble opinion as always.

Respectfully snipped and bolded ~ originally posted by SeriouslySearching

She showed NO compassion for Sandra when talking about her suitcase being stolen and the other things she so casually commented on during her interviews. There were no tears for Sandra being found in her suitcase if it had been stolen! It would bother anyone else to even imagine a child's coffin was a few minutes earlier in their possession!! ~ end snip ~

AND she had the audacity to blame the police for not finding Sandra sooner after she (MH) provided some weird note with clues as to where Sandra was. If MH had felt compassion, she would have just TOLD LE where to find Sandra, rather than providing cryptic notes.

Salem

On another thread txvicki posted that there was an article about MH's past. I looked and found this...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/huckaby-school-melissa-2368620-finn-family
19 April 2009

snippet of interest:

If she was involved in the one or both fires, this adds a dimension to her psychological make up when couple with the thefts and the crimes against Sandra that is pretty darn scary. IMHO.

I would like to know her behavior immediately after the fires? Why was she considered a person of interest in the second fire? What was the behavoir she had that alerted LE? Too helpful? hmmmm.

Just my humble opinion as always.

This article also indicates that the Cypress police are providing Tracy PD with information - it does not say what that information is :eek: I want to know.

We now have MH suspected/convicted for arson, theft, burglary, drugging a child, and brutally murdering a child with special circumstances and some unknown thing? This chick was definitely heading down a path of no return, from my perspective.

The timeline, the best I can tell is something like this:

Accuses cop of rape to everyone but authorities
Suspected/questioned in 2 arson fires
Some unknown incident that involved Cypress police
Theft from a commercial establishment in So. Cal.
Theft/burglary from a commercial establishment in S.J. County (so did she break into the store after it was closed?)
Drugging a child
Murdering a child
Swallowing razor blades
Telling lies and giving cryptic hints to Police

Definitely a pattern developing here :eek:

Salem

~my bold~
If she was filing for bankruptcy by 2003, her daughter would not have been alive unless barely an infant, so perhaps would not account for 5K in Ambulance rides and the 10K in hospital bills. I had a trauma related ride in an ambulance and the charge was just under 400.00. I think it is fair to say that 5K represents a significant number of rides...frivilous is a kind word IMO. She was clearly a frequent flyer-so the ambulance was a taxi service for her or something else. Panic attacks, suicide attempts etc??? Then the fact that she retained custody of her child at all is perhaps a clear indication of how unfit the bio dad must have been??? Puzzling.

I'm thinking dad was blindsided and didn't have a lawyer. I also think dad must have thought MH was an okay mother, because it appears he gave up the fight and went on with his life, probably glad to be rid of MH - unfortunately - that means he was also rid of his daughter. My opinion is he should have stayed closer and tried to protect his daughter - because I am certain that she suffered at the hands of her mother.

Salem

ETA: I don't think dad knew about the theft arrests in S.J. County. I'm sure MH didn't tell him, nor other members of her family. To get that kind of info, you have to be a bit of a detective.

Thanks for pointing that out. Actually, I got my timeline wrong. MH gave birth to her daughter four months AFTER filing for bankruptcy, so the ambulance rides were for MH, presumably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery