Melissa's Ex speaks on GMA 04.17.09

I took his "unintentional" comment to mean that she was not in her right mind, meaning he believes that something in her has snapped. Hence the additional comment about her oicture not even looking like the MH he knew, but a different person.

So now I am confused. La times reported that exhusband is not bio Dad?
Snipped From Story ~ Court records show that when Huckaby filed for divorce from her husband, John H, in Orange County in January 2005, the couple had no children. The identity of Madison's father was not immediately clear.

link
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-huckaby13-2009apr13,0,6408687.story
I share your confusion especially since other news media have reported on those same court records and have not said that.
In addition, the LA Times article says the arraignment is next Tuesday, which is not true, it is next Friday.

What is understood to me is that if anyone disagrees with anything you post they are rediculed.
I wasn't ridiculing anyone. I wanted to make certain my post wasn't taken out of context is all. Your post appeared to make it sound like I was saying there was no doubt to her guilt which was not what I had said at all. :confused:

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me as it happens many times every day! I have every right to defend my position, however. I don't feel I do this by being mean or condescending tho.

You are taking out of context what I said. I didn't say there could be no doubt as to her guilt. I said...there could be no doubt as to when the rape by instrumentation or by foreign object occurred and I will stand by that statement.

If Sandra were raped weeks before instead of within an hour of her death, there would be no blood, no immediate trauma to the body, and this would not show up on her clothing or the bedding (or wherever this occurred).

Also the same goes for her being raped after she was murdered. There would be obvious signs it happened postmortem.

If people want to keep their gender bias blinders on...so be it. I trust LE has proof she acted alone and is responsible for the molestation, rape, and murder of Sandra Cantu as charged. Saying a male MUST be involved is ridiculous to me. Women can be as evil as any man, imo.

This is redicule.

The thing we have to remember is that these are just charges. The SA looked at the reports compiled by LE, the ME, and concluded they believe there is enough evidence to charge MH with these crimes and these aggravating circumstances. But the SA is always going to charge as much as they think they can - the defendant can motion to the judge that there is not enough evidence to sustain those charges. After the prosecution presents its case, the defense can motion to dismiss charges if the SA did not make its case sufficiently.

So while we certainly do not have to go by the "innocent until proven guilty" here, just because MH was charged with these circumstances does not mean the SA is 100% sure it happened. God forbid, but MH can argue that Sandra was abused earlier that day - and something snapped in MHs head and thats why MH killed her. Not saying that's believable or true. But it could explain evidence of trauma. Or maybe MH walked in on someone assaulting Sandra and freaked out? I don't believe that, but nothing that I have read thus far proves that its impossible.

And a press conference by a police officer saying "We believe MH acted alone" is not conclusive proof. JMO

I expected more reports of false accusations against Melissa's ex. But, he did say she had a self image problem. Wonder how that manifested. Saying that someone is very carefree and depressed sort of contradicts. Also, he did seem to dispute at least a little bit that he was ever a drunk or abused Melissa. Saying that someone looks like a totally different person is odd. I'd think that being accused of killing a child would make a person look different. I'll bet that they are going for insanity.

So now I am confused. La times reported that exhusband is not bio Dad?
Snipped From Story ~ Court records show that when Huckaby filed for divorce from her husband, John H, in Orange County in January 2005, the couple had no children. The identity of M's father was not immediately clear.

link
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-huckaby13-2009apr13,0,6408687.story

That is confusing. M must have been born in 2004 at the latest, if she is 5 years old now.

I'm editing this to say that I just found an article that says Melissa was divorced in 2007 from the father of her daughter. I assume this is Huckaby.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_12159830?source=most_viewed

Did anyone else notice HOW MUCH her ex husband looks like her FATHER?

Per that LA article... I think it may have been misreporting. I don't have any links handy, but there have been several court docs found and reported on that indicate JH as the father, etc.

The interview on GMA was very "guarded" In my opinion.

This is awful but could the rape of killed Sandra and that is the "weapon" LE was looking for? What ever was jammed into her? Or was 'it' still in Sandra with MH fingerprints on it???

oops wrong thread, sorry.........
about X did he say WHY they only lasted a year?
Did she cheat?
I heard someone say on NG? that MH 'cut herself' allot.........
did he say that?

That is confusing. M must have been born in 2004 at the latest, if she is 5 years old now.

I'm editing this to say that I just found an article that says Melissa was divorced in 2007 from the father of her daughter. I assume this is Huckaby.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_12159830?source=most_viewed

https://ocapps.occourts.org/FamLawWebv2/DisplayCase.do?caseNbr=05D000448&src=case_src_dtl

if you look it up it says disso without children. But I don't see how they were married long enough for her to get alimony based on age, and modifications are usually about child support.

Looks like the filing was done in January 05, divorce granted in September 05, and modifications to support (my thinking is child support) in 07.

She was born in Sept 03, four months after they got married. I remember these case facts specifically, 'cause my oldest daughter is 5 days younger than Sandra, and my youngest daughter was born in Sept 03, just like MH's daughter.

I'm pretty sure that they have evidence of a rape or they wouldn't have charged her with it. If it was after she was dead it's not called rape. She would be charged with abuse of a corpse or necrophillia. JMO

It's sad to say, but I'm wondering if the murder weapon that they couldn't find was found at autopsy. KWIM? This is very disturbing. IMO

I was thinking that the rape occured as a cover up to make it look more like a man was responsible.

Wow, that's a very interesting thought - but the fact that a foreign object was used doesn't really help. Then again, the use of a foreign object is not unheard of when the perpetrator is male.

Interesting point.

I expected more reports of false accusations against Melissa's ex. But, he did say she had a self image problem. Wonder how that manifested. Saying that someone is very carefree and depressed sort of contradicts. Also, he did seem to dispute at least a little bit that he was ever a drunk or abused Melissa. Saying that someone looks like a totally different person is odd. I'd think that being accused of killing a child would make a person look different. I'll bet that they are going for insanity.

Re: her having a self image problem - my guess is that many (if not most) women, at some point or other, have a self image problem. I'm not sure why he'd mention that or find it significant (?).

Re: the contradictions of his views - I can't help but wonder how often he saw MH or how close they were/weren't. I'll go back and look. : )

Re: insanity - you may be right about their going for that, but it seems a huge stretch (in my view). Being depressed or bipolar, etc., does not equal insanity.

Then again, I find it very weird that she was offered (and accepted) treatment with a court-ordered mental health program for... petty theft. That seems pretty unusual. But it may be no more ominous than this program was offered because she was on prescription medication when arrested and this was the only way to expunge the theft charge.

I'm just hypothesizing, obviously. But there sure are a lot of unanswered questions, aren't there?

Married: august 2003
MH 5 mos pregnant when married - so conceived abt March 03.
Full term (not preemie) pregnancy - 9 mos - birth would be abt Dec 2003, making daughter abt 5.5 years old today.

Separated: august 2004

Divorced: september 2005

JH says he hasn't spoken to MH for over 3 years (using 3.5 yrs as an estimate, that would mean he hasn't spoken to her since about Oct 2005 or shortly after the divorce, which is 3.5 years from today.

So he hasn't spoken to MH:
through the end of 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (through April).

That's a long time - especially when offering an opinion about someone's behavior. Doesn't seem as though this ex had any recent knowledge about MH's mood, life or anything else (unless he's had more contact with her than he describes).

He didn't have any serious concerns during the last 3+ years, at least nothing significant enough to make him think his daughter's care was compromised... you'd think a parent would seek to modify the custody order if that were the case.

If he hasn't spoken to MH how did he have contact with his daughter since the divorce? Did he have/exercise visitation rights? Were the accusations MH brought against him ever dismissed or verified (either way)? I'd feel a whole lot better if they'd been dismissed.

I feel so sorry for this little girl...

I am only guessing here, but I bet if they got Johnny on the stand...he would have many things to tell about Melissa. They wouldn't be sugarcoated and given the right direction in questioning...may be very damning to her.

Re: her having a self image problem - my guess is that many (if not most) women, at some point or other, have a self image problem. I'm not sure why he'd mention that or find it significant (?).

I agree with you, if by self image problems you me that most woman have wished at some point in our life that we could change this or that about our bodies to varying degrees.

I think that in the clinical sense this could mean the person is fixated or obsessed with the perceived physical flaw, and it has a direct negative effect on various areas of their life.

Perhaps he is alluding to a personality disorder. If I understand those correctly, they severely impair a person's ability to perceive the world around them an their place in it. To me that implies difficulty with self image.

I wonder if he and Melissa received counseling before deciding on divorce, I would love to know if a counselor gave him an insights in to MH's character. If they mentioned that MH had a personality disorder, that would be a grim diagnosis for a spouse to hear, as they are difficult to treat.

I'd also like to know what her pregnancy like. Also if there were any odd changes in her behavior after the birth of her daughter. I wonder if issues of this sort had anything to do with the divorce. If she was abused as a child by a female perp, I would think that she would experience conflicted feelings about becoming a mother herself, especially the mother of a little girl.

From the article on JH's GMA appearance (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=7356264&page=1):
"His daughter is in a safe place and doing well, Huckaby said.

"She does not have any knowledge of the situation that's going on, which is best," he said."

I wonder if that means that MH's daughter has not been questioned about anything related to the case. I wouldn't want them to do anything that would traumatize her, but I always thought they had child development/psychologists to do this in ways that would not upset children.

"In 2002, Melissa Huckaby took out a restraining order against a former boyfriend. In a handwritten note obtained by ABC News, Huckaby claimed he stalked her, threatened to kill her and harm her grandfather."
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=7356264&page=1

Does it seem odd to anyone that an x-boyfriend would need a restraining order against the grandfather as well as Melissa? Why would a stalker target a particular member of a family? I'm wondering if he was trying to "prove his love" to MH by protecting her from him if he was an abuser. What do you all think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130
Back