Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is not airtight, I do believe this show put forth a fairly likely scenario as to what happened. I mean, it does seem more probable than a random intruder, there seem to be more problems with that theory than one in which Burke did it and maybe didn't even realize fully what he had done.

Hello, I am new here. I have a theory but it is rather a long one. Sorry about this. I have also borrowed elements of other posters' theories. I hope this is okay.

See what you think........

Upon returning home the family started getting ready for bed. Burke and JBR got up and went down to the kitichen. JBR snaffled a piece of the pineapple from Burke's bowl and he picked up the flashlight and hit her on the head, causing her skull to cave in. She looked dead.

BR had a lot of animosity towards his sister. She was her mother's favourite and got all the attention. He decided to use a garotte on her - as he may have seen in one of his magazines. A lot of kids like macabre stuff. He could also have done the sexual molestation. 9 year old boys tend to be sexually curious.

Patsy, who hadn't gotten undressed yet came downstairs to find out what was going on. She saw her child dead on the kitchen floor. THAT is the scream the neighbours heard.

She called John and together they agreed on a plan. They sent Burke to bed with the STRICTEST instructions not to move from the bed or talk to ANYONE. I suspect old Patsy could be quite intimidating when she wanted to be.

Now what to do? Panic panic. How would it look to family and friends, and their church, if JBR was found dead in their locked home? They were the only people present.

They HAD to invent an intruder in order to save themselves. That is when they formed a plan. It would be a kidnapping.

Patsy put on plastic gloves, got out her pad and pen and began to write…

They took JBR's body out to the garage and put her in either Patsy or John's car, then they would drive out and leave her somewhere. Then they got cold feet - supposing they were seen? Or forensics discovered the car had been used a lot later than 10pm when they returned from the party?

Then they devised a better plan……

The next step was to call the police, which Patsy did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Plan

The Ramseys may have thought that they would NOT actually have to leave the house. They may have thought the police and FBI would turn up and do whatever they needed to do, and then, when the kidnapper's call didn't materialize, would then leave. Leaving the Ramseys alone.

They may have thought that the police would not search the house. Why should they? It was a kidnapping after all. Their child had been 'taken'.

A while later, after the police and detectives had left, the Ramseys would have then called the police again and claimed that JB had been "returned to them" dead, the kidnappers having killed her because they called the police. That was going to be their story.

---------------------------------------------------

The house was still, no one was moving. Patsy was pretending to cry and was being comforted by all her friends and the Pastor.

John then realized then that putting JBR's body in the car was a BIG mistake. He had to move her. This is where John's 'missing' time comes into it. While everyone was pre-occupied he went out to the garage, took JBR's body and took her down to the little basement room. He hadn't realised that Fleet White had checked the room earlier looking for JBR. He wrapped the blanket around her and went back upstairs.

John was in mental torment. The police were showing no signs of going; something had to be done.

He couldn't take the agony of waiting around anymore because he knew JonBenet was in the basement, that's why he headed straight down there. He wanted to "find" JonBenet and get it over with. And he knew he had to get the family out of there ASAP before the detectives started asking awkward questions. John knew that Patsy and Burke would crack under strong questioning.

John knew he had to distance the family from the crime and that is why (half an hour after he 'discovered' his daughter's body) he phoned his pilot to ready the plane to fly the family to Atlanta. (The flight was later cancelled by telephone by John's friend Fleet White).

After JonBenet was found and after the Ramseys prayed over her they just up and left, Patsy vowed never to come back to that house. They didn't even make sure their daughter got to the morgue. If Patsy was so worried about her baby, she would have stayed close by until they took her child out of the house. They left her behind like she was an old pair of shoes.

What do you think?

Hello, I am new here. I have a theory but it is rather a long one. Sorry about this. I have also borrowed elements of other posters' theories. I hope this is okay.

Upon returning home the family started getting ready for bed. Burke and JBR got up and went down to the kitichen. JBR snaffled a piece of the pineapple from Burke's bowl and he picked up the flashlight and hit her on the head, causing her skull to cave in. She looked dead.

BR had a lot of animosity towards his sister. She was her mother's favourite and got all the attention. He decided to use a garotte on her - as he may have seen in one of his magazines. A lot of kids like macabre stuff. He could also have done the sexual molestation. 9 year old boys tend to be sexually curious.

Patsy, who hadn't gotten undressed yet came downstairs to find out what was going on. She saw her child dead on the kitchen floor. THAT is the scream the neighbours heard.

She called John and together they agreed on a plan. They sent Burke to bed with the STRICTEST instructions not to move from the bed or talk to ANYONE. I suspect old Patsy could be quite intimidating when she wanted to be.

Now what to do? Panic panic. How would it look to family and friends, and their church, if JBR was found dead in their locked home? They were the only people present.

They HAD to invent an intruder in order to save themselves. That is when they formed a plan. It would be a kidnapping.

They took JBR's body out to the garage and put her in either Patsy or John's car, then they would drive out and leave her somewhere. Then they got cold feet - supposing they were seen? Or forensics discovered the car had been used a lot later than 10pm when they returned from the party?

The Plan

The Ramseys may have thought that they would NOT actually have to leave the house. They may have thought the police and FBI would turn up and do whatever they needed to do, and then, when the kidnapper's call didn't materialize, would then leave. Leaving the Ramseys alone.

They may have thought that the police would not search the house. Why should they? It was a kidnapping after all. Their child had been 'taken'.

A while later, after the police and detectives had left, the Ramseys would have then called the police again and claimed that JB had been "returned to them" dead, the kidnappers having killed her because they called the police. That was going to be their story.

The house was still, no one was moving. Patsy was pretending to cry and was being comforted by all her friends and the Pastor.

John then realized then that putting JBR's body in the car was a BIG mistake. He had to move her. This is where John's 'missing' time comes into it. While everyone was pre-occupied he went out to the garage, took JBR's body and took her down to the little basement room. He hadn't realised that Fleet White had checked the room earlier looking for JBR. He wrapped the blanket around her and went back upstairs.

John was in mental torment. The police were showing no signs of going; something had to be done.

He couldn't take the agony of waiting around anymore because he knew JonBenet was in the basement, that's why he headed straight down there. He wanted to "find" JonBenet and get it over with. And he knew he had to get the family out of there ASAP before the detectives started asking awkward questions. John knew that Patsy and Burke would crack under strong questioning.

John knew he had to distance the family from the crime and that is why (half an hour after he 'discovered' his daughter's body) he phoned his pilot to ready the plane to fly the family to Atlanta. (The flight was later cancelled by telephone by John's friend Fleet White).

After JonBenet was found and after the Ramseys prayed over her they just up and left, Patsy vowed never to come back to that house. They didn't even make sure their daughter got to the morgue. If Patsy was so worried about her baby, she would have stayed close by until they took her child out of the house. They left her behind like she was an old pair of shoes.

What do you think?

My theory has been very close to yours. In fact, yours fills in a few holes in mine. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Plan

What do you think?

The part about having her "returned" to them dead is something I'd never thought of! It clicked.

The part about having her "returned" to them dead is something I'd never thought of! It clicked.

I thought so too! It really made a lot of sense... and explained why JB was still in the house.

Question: did FW really search the room and find it empty at first??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Plan

What do you think?
It's a great theory! Only one question. Is it possible for JR to sneak her back in the home from the car and down to the wine cellar without being seen? I need to look at the floor plans again lol!
I wonder if there were any other hiding places she could have been placed in? That home was a rabbit warren I swear. There may have been a lot of secret areas too that the cops were never aware of.
I wonder if the new owner came across any during the remodeling. Wonder if she told the cops if she did.

ETA: Burke was removed from the home around 7am that morning and sent to the White's. So he was out even quicker than anyone else. Just wanted to clarify that for you. Not everyone knows that. And I'm sure that's why they sent him away too. So he wasn't questioned
By the cops. Great theory! And welcome to the forums! Look forward to discussing the case with you!
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They decided on 12/25 for the headstone because they found her seemingly dead before midnight and it is more dramatic than 12/26.
You know I got to thinking about the headstone and the date. I know down in South Georgia we have to wait atleast 6 months before placing the headstone due to settling of the dirt. So by then they should have known what the ME stated as her death time and date. Yet they STILL put the 25th.
And JR made a comment on the DP show that he wanted people to remember she died on Christmas. Why is that so important to him?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's a great theory! Only one question. Is it possible for JR to sneak her back in the home from the car and down to the wine cellar without being seen? I need to look at the floor plans again lol!

Idk. One thing that nags at me is the dogs. If true, the neighbors said they barked at every little thing. That pretty much ruled out IDI for me.

He would have to travel quite a bit to get to the stairs to the basement. :)

http://www.documentingreality.com/f...072009-jonben-t-ramsey-floor-plans-floor1.jpg

You know I got to thinking about the headstone and the date. I know down in South Georgia we have to wait atleast 6 months before placing the headstone due to settling of the dirt. So by then they should have known what the ME stated as her death time and date. Yet they STILL put the 25th.
And JR made a comment on the DP show that he wanted people to remember she died on Christmas. Why is that so important to him?
I thought maybe they did it to generate more sympathy for them, being "Christian" and all. Sure is suspicious though isn't it?

Miz Adventure, I liked your post! That bit about returning to them dead is something I hadn't considered before. Welcome!!!

I thought maybe they did it to generate more sympathy for them, being "Christian" and all. Sure is suspicious though isn't it?

Miz Adventure, I liked your post! That bit about returning to them dead is something I hadn't considered before. Welcome!!!
BBM

Totally agree! That - and the drama. (Bless their hearts, they lost their baby girl on Christmas of all days.) Gah.

When my father died, it was December 21. Some in my family wanted to have the funeral on the 24th. Christmas Eve, for crying out loud! Fooey on that drama. I'm the baby of the family (though I was 39 then) and didn't have a say in much of anything, but I put my foot down on that one. That funeral was not going to ruin Christmas Eve for my kids and me for all time! We had it on the 26th. Isn't there enough drama in life without people having to make more?

When my father died, it was December 21. Some in my family wanted to have the funeral on the 24th. Christmas Eve, for crying out loud! Fooey on that drama. I'm the baby of the family (though I was 39 then) and didn't have a say in much of anything, but I put my foot down on that one. That funeral was not going to ruin Christmas Eve for my kids and me for all time! We had it on the 26th. Isn't there enough drama in life without people having to make more?

I'm sorry about your dad and I totally agree! I would be the same way especially with children involved. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is supposed to be joyous!

I'm sorry about your dad and I totally agree! I would be the same way especially with children involved. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is supposed to be joyous!
Oh gosh, thanks.. it's been long enough now and I've dealt with much worse since - I'm OK.

I have no proof of this just know private investigators chased a lead down as they and police were moving in he killed himself he was identified as a career criminal with background in breaking and entering. He was involved in another case or looked into for another case same area snowball away 6 year old girl. His dna didnt match but if both cases matched he had partner. I get everyone is for the parents im not because of that information I was given at one point. Why would these guys retired make something like this up a few years ago? There was dna they said of the other she was spanish decent hope that is right spelling been up many hours. Matched the semen of jbr. I do get some throw offs the note is nutty. But lets say the ramseys screwed up couldnt find her. Didnt kill her and wrote a note cause they were in panic mode? Anyway is no way can verify now when the new tv stuff came up expected to hear some of this and nothing. Which again i find interesting and is still in open case.

I have no proof of this just know private investigators chased a lead down as they and police were moving in he killed himself he was identified as a career criminal with background in breaking and entering. He was involved in another case or looked into for another case same area snowball away 6 year old girl. His dna didnt match but if both cases matched he had partner. I get everyone is for the parents im not because of that information I was given at one point. Why would these guys retired make something like this up a few years ago? There was dna they said of the other she was spanish decent hope that is right spelling been up many hours. Matched the semen of jbr. I do get some throw offs the note is nutty. But lets say the ramseys screwed up couldnt find her. Didnt kill her and wrote a note cause they were in panic mode? Anyway is no way can verify now when the new tv stuff came up expected to hear some of this and nothing. Which again i find interesting and is still in open case.

I'm not following you, but here's this FYI:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...se-when-JonBenet-Died&p=12797134#post12797134

Open for Discussion/ The 3 People in the House when JonBenet Died

Dear Websleuths Members,

Our rules at Websleuths are rarely black and white. Many time we have to adjust rules for certain forums.

One rule we do our best to follow is who is allowed to be discussed when it comes to the particular crime committed.

We discuss possible perpetrators based on the mainstream media and police reports.

We do not allow posters to drag innocent people into a discussion and accuse them of a crime.

Because of this rule, we only discuss John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey in this forum.

Those three people have not been cleared by the police and the current District Attorney.

There is nothing to suggest an intruder. The DNA is a red herring. Look at the note, the pineapple, all the evidence in the house, the behavior of the three people in the house, look at all these things. Until all of these things can be explained and logical evidence is offered to show an intruder we will not allow innocent people to be discussed as the possible killer. Just like any other forum on Websleuths.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com​

i missed the part on the rule of only having the ramseys be part of the theory seeing as this was speculation theory part of the profile so to speak. I do not agree with this and didnt name any individual but understand why maybe this is a rule. I am new here and in future will read things better I hope:) Thank you for heads up. I have nothing further to add cause I disagree with this stance in regards to this case. Good luck though for all in figuring it out.

Here's my theory... short and to the point:

The family gets home from the Fleet's house, and Jonbenet is either not asleep as they claim, or she was sleep, but was awaken regardless. Burke is still awake, but wants a snack, so Patsy makes him a bowl of pineapple with milk (Burke says himself that was one of the kids' favorite snack). Once Patsy was either upstairs or just not in the room (the kitchen), Jonbenet comes down. She snags a bite of pineapple from Burke, which would explain why she had pineapple in her stomach, but only Patsy and Burke's fingerprints were on the spoon. Burke, having an anger problem and being extremely jealous of his sister, then grabs the flashlight and hits her. The sounds gets Patsy's attention, and she comes down to find Jonbenet unconscious. She calls for John, and sends Burke to his room. The adults discuss what to do because they think she is either dead, or going to die, but they also do not want their only son to be ridiculed for accidently killing his sister out of a fit of rage. They decide that John will "finish the deed" and get their story straight... I do not believe Jonbenet was ever sexually assaulted. My theory goes along with many professionals: she had a bacterial infection probably from her serious bed-wetting problem. This can sometimes be confused with previous sexual assault.

I just wish that someone would finally admit to this, or the FBI would find the killer. This baby's death should not be in vain.

I've already posted my theory as to what happened that night. (See above)

Now I have another theory concerning the Whites. See what you think......

The Whites became Enemy No. 1 with the Ramseys. I believe the Ramseys became frightened about what they knew and went all out to discredit them.

Why? Well it's a bit of a mystery but something has occurred to me. It's my own theory. See what you think....

Maybe Fleet knew too much about what really happened that night? At around 6am Fleet had gone down to the basement to check for JBR and to look for points of entry into the house. He opened the cellar door (the one where the body was later found) but could not find the switch (which was situated in the hallway outside the room (not many people would know about this). He looked in the room but saw nothing so shut the door and secured it with the peg.

I actually believe that Fleet would have seen JBR's body, at least seen the white blanket covering her, but he saw nothing.

Later, as we know, John and Fleet went down there together and John made a bee-line for that tiny room. According to John (!) he opened the door and 'screamed'. According to Fleet, John screamed as he was opening the door. John had not switched the light on. The rest we know.

Now this is where it gets complicated.....At that time John had no idea that Fleet had looked in that tiny room earlier that morning. He was told this quite a bit later.

Fleet must have known, at that moment, that something wasn't right. John was discovering a body that had not been in that room earlier. He decided not to say anything until he had mulled this information over in his mind.

Once John found out that Fleet had already checked in that room he knew that Fleet had something on him (as the cops would say).

If Fleet were to ever state that he knew the body was not in the wine cellar then it was going to look bad for the R family. He had to be discredited.

If The Whites were seen as dishonest paedophiles (this is where the Krebs woman comes into it) then anything they subsequently said against the R's would be taken with a HUGE pinch of salt by the authorities - the R's would say it was just sour grapes - they were saying it just to get back at the R's for kicking them out of their 'inner circle' of friends.

And for that reason the Whites can never tell what they know. They just want to get on with their lives, and who can blame them?

If somebody else has already posted this theory - my apologies.

Maybe Fleet knew too much about what really happened that night?
Absolutely.

I also believe that John pooped his pants when he realized Fleet had been all over that basement earlier. I believe that tape was added by John later that morning/afternoon and John may have wondered if Fleet had saw her in the wine cellar and if he did, he would've known that tape was not originally on her mouth. Not saying for sure Fleet saw her but John had to consider it a possibility in his mind. It is a fact that when Fleet went back down into the basement after her body was discovered, he zeroed in on that piece of tape and second cigar box. John may have wondered why(so do I actually).

I agree that this is why the Ramseys likely zeroed in on the Whites as the possible "killers". JOhn had no idea what Fleet knew and when he may have figured it out so the Ramseys had to lash out at them as a defensive measure. They knew Fleet and priscilla didn't kill her but they were interested in self preservation and tossing friends overboard just par for the course.

On the subject of Jonbenet's headstone showing Christmas, I have wondered if its just another layer of this family's twisted dysfunction and a final mocking of her...like....

"They don't know when you died Jonbenet, but we do...."

These people make me sick.

I agree that this is why the Ramseys likely zeroed in on the Whites as the possible "killers". JOhn had no idea what Fleet knew and when he may have figured it out so the Ramseys had to lash out at them as a defensive measure. They knew Fleet and priscilla didn't kill her but they were interested in self preservation and tossing friends overboard just par for the course.
the white and ramsey friendship was done and dusted by year end.....1996
not even a week ......tells me they worked it out very very quickly!

This is a general hypothesis of what happened that suggests where to look for more.

JonBenet's killer gained entry to the house, perhaps days before the murder. Presumably, the house was large enough that the intruder was able to hide himself in a relatively unused room - perhaps the one she was found in. The intruder even ate some of the Ramsey's food and used the toilet without their knowing. He may have even showered when they were not home. In other words, the intruder became acclimated enough to his surroundings that it was easy to take the time to write a kidnapper's note after the murder and leave the house.

Friends who visited with the Ramseys probably have all been investigated. Some additional investigation possibilities would likely include someone who had been in the house before.

Was the Ramseys house new when they lived in it, or did someone own it before they did? If so, a previous owner or occupant of the house could have been the culprit. Or a friend or relative of a previous owner of the house who visited. Anyone who had visited or slept in the house, before the Ramseys lived in it, could have been the culprit. If the house were old enough, the intruder might have visited the house as a child. Such an intruder would be more likely to break into the house than someone who had never visited.

I don't have the resources to follow this up but it might be worth someone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough