Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda has stated that the only reason that she placed herself in the cottage on the night of the murder, and accused Patrick of murder (after 2 hours of questioning) is because police coerced her and bopped her on the head a few times. She has claimed that those bops on the head caused the lies to pop out of her mouth.

Without the bops on the head, all we have is Amanda being questioned for 2 hours and then telling horrendous lies in an attempt to deflect attention onto an innocent man. That's a bit problematic in the "I am innocent" story.

Making public (read: internationally reported) claims that Italian police beat information out of witnesses is extremely serious. For the police to leave those statements unchallenged would do a disservice to all Italian officers. They have no choice but to set the record straight, and that cannot be done by dismissing the charges.

Of course they have a choice! They could prove their own case against AK and RS, instead of wasting man-hours piling on frivolous charges. They've already denied touching AK and she has no way of proving them wrong.

Again, we already know her statement was coerced by pressure of interrogation. The only question is whether they touched her physically, and even there they aren't accused of injuring her.

That you think this is a matter that must be pursued is just one more of the distractions on which the case against AK and RS is built. The problem is that the actual evidence doesn't prove their guilt, so the arguments against them always shift and slide from forensics to the silliest sort of "character" evidence to the slurry of nuisance lawsuits filed by the prosecution.

Knox is no stranger to tall tales.

Are you saying that Knox was repeatedly bopped in the head during her two hours of questioning and none of the investigators or interpreter saw a thing?

No, the investigators are lying. It may be true that they honestly don't consider however AK was touched a big deal, but they are lying that she was never touched.

...Preston can't keep his facts straight and has claimed that his questioning as a witness was 3 hours and now 2 hours. He interfered with an unsolved serial murder investigation in a foreign country and now acts indignant because the local police want to ask him what he's doing. What exactly did he think would happen if he went to a foreign country and interfered with a murder investigation?

I do believe that if you were in Italy, you would now be guilty of slander and Preston could sue you in court. How did he interfere with Mignini's ILLEGAL (as determined by an Italian court) investigation?

Yes she did Nova it is in her statement

It was claimed AK didn't complain about the head slaps to the representative from the U.S. embassy as evidenced by the fact that said rep didn't mention physical abuse in his cables to the U.S. State Department.

Otto feels the failure to complain to the diplomat shows AK lied about the head slaps. I was merely saying there could be other explanations.

It was also claimed that she never mentioned the head slaps until she spoke to her father, but you have put that myth to rest by pointing out that AK mentions the slaps in her statement on Nov. 6.

I want to point out that per Allusonz' link re the Swedish professor above that the professor was interrogated for SEVEN hours!

Why? Because he wasn't telling Perugia police what they and the prosecutor wanted to hear. And all he was being asked was when he was at a bar and whether the owner was also present.

I want to point out that per Allusonz' link re the Swedish professor above that the professor was interrogated for SEVEN hours!

Why? Because he wasn't telling Perugia police what they and the prosecutor wanted to hear. And all he was being asked was when he was at a bar and whether the owner was also present.
Yes, one can see how this occurs. I think sometimes it is the people who truly DO lie, who ruin it for the innocent. LE get so used to people "caving" after hours, and finally admitting what they have done, that they think this should ALWAYS be the case, and forget that they do not always have the correct suspect.

They are so bloated with righteouness that they dont look past theirown noses
jmo

I am so burned by this case, it makes me furious that this has happened, I just can't see how this miscarriage of justice is so perpetuaded by falsehoods and normal, free thinking AMERICANS are justifing what has happened here
I WANT TO SCREAM

I am so burned by this case, it makes me furious that this has happened, I just can't see how this miscarriage of justice is so perpetuaded by falsehoods and normal, free thinking AMERICANS are justifing what has happened here
I WANT TO SCREAM
I agree with you. It has worn me out. But many people are convinced that Amanda and Raff are where they are supposed to be. :(

We can all be interested in the workings of the judicial system, that is where I started out with this, and get caught up in the minutia of the details of evidence, but it is misleading according to the EXPERTS, damn it, this is not right

I wanted to thank those that answered my questions. Also thanks for the correction on my mixing up RG and RS. Too many initials at times. Sorry for not thanking you all before now, been busy trying to keep up with the Caylee case thread as things are slowly moving along in the selection of a jury.

Thank YOU for the sanity reminder statement, because I think of it each time my ex-boyfriend calls and I am tempted to pick up the phone.

12" is certainly large for a steak knife in the U.S., but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Our steak knives are certainly larger than 6", which would be half.

I should probably just call it a "kitchen knife" to distinguish it from what we usually see in a place setting.

I think it's clearly too large to carry around on a "night out."

Let alone put in your little glitter purse as an accessory.

Really? You got big steak knives like that? that's what I get for shopping at walmart.

I hope you're not apologizing for mixing up the initials. We've all done it. :)

yeah, remember when i kept saying RF? LOL and everyone was wondering who the heck RF was! (Filomena, I had the initials backward.)

Let alone put in your little glitter purse as an accessory.

Really? You got big steak knives like that? that's what I get for shopping at walmart.

Ours are closer to 8" or 10", but I've seen ones the size of the knife in question in place settings at fancy steakhouses.

Thanks ... looks to me like a list of self-proclaimed "experts" that would never be qualified as experts in a case like this in any courtroom anywhere.

Oh now it appears we are talking about TJMK and PMF.

Ours are closer to 8" or 10", but I've seen ones the size of the knife in question in place settings at fancy steakhouses.

that reminds me I saw a real big fat one at a steakhouse. I think it was outback, though. I thought it was so weird because it was so big. Shows what I know. I guess steak knives can be big.

So we are in court saturday? I didn't realize this was the 21st coming up.

I was trying to muddle through an EXTENSIVE rebuttal to the luminol reporting on the MOT. It is so long! It's directly from Ak's appeal documents. I was thinking of putting it on google docs, so we could link to it. The Italian translation is just so hard for make sense of for me.

What the defense should just do is present other cases and studies in which luminol lit up in murder cases but it was no due to blood.

After all my defending of the TMB negative findings, i will say this:

If RG rinsed off his jeans in that bathroom, put the bloody print on the mat and eventually left a blood trail out the front door, it DOES stand to reason that AK would have low traces of MK's blood on the bottom of her feet, if she indeed showered in that same bathroom and walked on that same floor to get to FR's bathroom.

It actually could very well be blood making those footprints light up, BUT if the traces are so low that blood can't even be detected, then it means nothing but what I just said: AK walked around in the murder bathrooms and the murder hallway, possibly even bringing that mixture into her own room via that bathmat and her bare feet that had been on the floor of the murder bathrooms and the murder hallway.

I thought about it last night to try to produce some explanation that could be reasonable, IF it was indeed blood that was just too low to detect.

To be clear, I believe the TMB test, which is negative for blood.

I don't think so. Amanda Knox destroyed a man's life with her lies. She left him to rot in jail for two weeks knowing full well that he was innocent. Whatever Patrick feels for Amanda is genuine and a direct result of knowing the ugliest side of her.

In my opinion, it is more likely that the police found an African American hair at the crime scene, had also seen Amanda's text messages to and from Patrick and misinterpreted American slang (I believe it said, "See ya later." or something like that), and coerced Amanda into saying it was Patrick. The police arrested Patrick on no other evidence. The police kept Patrick in jail for 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15