Metro Detroit ME (Dr. Werner Spitz) Will Testify At Casey Trial

This is one witness I can't wait to see JA cross examine. I think he'll come out like a pit bull looking for a bone!

Guess he did submit report -
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-14/news/os-casey-anthony-spitz-autopsy-20110314_1_duct-tape-casey-anthony-second-autopsy
March 14, 2011|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
Casey Anthony defense expert challenges Dr. G's autopsy of Caylee Marie Anthony
Spitz particularly takes issue with Garavaglia's saying: "Although there is no trauma evident on the skeleton, there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible [jaw] in place."
In his report dated March 10, Spitz states Garavaglia's statement is "flawed" because of evidence about the movement of the remains he discovered in his second autopsy and because "DNA results of the duct tape yielded no DNA from the deceased."

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/casey-anthony-case-letter-to-defense-from-dr-werner-spitz-who-conducted-2nd-autopsy-on-caylee-anthony-video
March 14, 2011 9:08 pm ET
Letter to Defense From Dr. Werner Spitz Who Conducted 2nd Autopsy on Caylee Anthony

This is one witness I can't wait to see JA cross examine. I think he'll come out like a pit bull looking for a bone!

I believe Dr. Spitz swallowed the bone (back in Dec).

Oops... :saythat:

This just broke on my local news. Retired Medical Examiner, Dr. Werner Spitz, will testify for the Defense in the trial of Casey Anthony.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28239316/detail.html

Metro Detroit ME To Testify In Casey Anthony Trial
ME Says Caylee Anthony Could Have Drowned

POSTED: Tuesday, June 14, 2011
UPDATED: 10:21 pm EDT June 14, 2011

DETROIT -- Former Macomb and Wayne counties Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Werner Spitz said he picks and chooses the cases he does now, and the Casey Anthony murder trial was one he was particularly interested in.

Spitz, a world-renowned forensics pathologist, will travel to Orland, Fla., to testify Friday in the ongoing murder case in which Anthony is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony...

Quote from above article that has me confused???
He said he has been involved in the case for a relatively long time -- before defense attorney Jose Baez started representing Anthony.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0314_1_duct-tape-casey-anthony-second-autopsy

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...conducted-2nd-autopsy-on-caylee-anthony-video
Letter to Defense From Dr. Werner Spitz Who Conducted 2nd Autopsy on Caylee Anthony

In his report dated March 10, Spitz states Garavaglia's statement is "flawed" because of evidence about the movement of the remains he discovered in his second autopsy and because "DNA results of the duct tape yielded no DNA from the deceased."
So, is he saying everyone imagined the duct tape stuck to the hair mat on the mandible, because no DNA survived 6 months and being under water for months?
I don't like him at all, never did.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-03-14/news/os-casey-anthony-spitz-autopsy-20110314_1_duct-tape-casey-anthony-second-autopsy

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/casey-anthony-case-letter-to-defense-from-dr-werner-spitz-who-conducted-2nd-autopsy-on-caylee-anthony-video

BOTH of those points are BS. There would not be any DNA expected to be left after a typhoon and being submerged under water in the elements for all of that time.

And that whole thing about the skull not being opened, and all of the debris being in one side. Again, BS. There a lots of explanations, commonb sense explanations. First of all, the body was decomposing in the fetal position initially. So there would have been a buildup at that time. Second, the body was out in the wind and rain and attacked by animals, so of course it was moving around. DUH.

And the jury will decide between Dr. G and Dr Spitz I suppose. I am not worried.

So, is he saying everyone imagined the duct tape stuck to the hair mat on the mandible, because no DNA survived 6 months and being under water for months?
I don't like him at all, never did.

Me either I guess JB saved enough blood money to afford him:innocent:

O/T :seeya: I am Donna M from NJ too LOL.

BOTH of those points are BS. There would not be any DNA expected to be left after a typhoon and being submerged under water in the elements for all of that time.

And that whole thing about the skull not being opened, and all of the debris being in one side. Again, BS. There a lots of explanations, commonb sense explanations. First of all, the body was decomposing in the fetal position initially. So there would have been a buildup at that time. Second, the body was out in the wind and rain and attacked by animals, so of course it was moving around. DUH.

And the jury will decide between Dr. G and Dr Spitz I suppose. I am not worried.

I am not worried either the jury will see the truth instead of the BS IMO.

Didn't Dr G express a ??? when asked if Dr WS had done an autopsy on Caylee? There was something questionable.

Be that as it may, at the height of his career he was somewhat renown as an expert in his field and highly respected.

When I first found Forumdom in 2003 I posted at About.com with a gal who had studied under him and naturally was in awe of his expertise. She was the caliber of Txsvicki and I learned so much from her.

Often as we get older we slip back as the brain changes and I think that is what has happened to him. Hey, look at Dr Baden ~ he goes any way that smells the greenest IMO and I can't bear to even hear his voice anymore. He was well respected at one time too.

So I give the esteemed Dr some grace for his accomplishments in life. I also hope the he!! the State can nullify what he says with a brilliant comeback. Even I think he's blowing smoke :innocent:

PS: Wonder where the DT got the money to pay his fee? xox

OMG, is the Dr. sleeping between thoughts? Poor guy, he's old! He says if his memory serves him correctly, he was on the case before Baez. I hope he tells that on the stand, I'd love to see the Prosecution tackle him on that alone, which would make the jury think twice about his credibility----due only to his age and failing memory.

Funny thing though, he said that he learned that the skull had never been opened and then he added "which is almost unheard of." But I remember Dr. G. stating quite clearly with an exclamation point at the end when she was asked if she'd opened it, "Certainly not!" So I do not know why the difference (maybe just techniques) but I was surprised to hear her put emphasis on her answer like that. Unless she knew there was nothing inside the skull to yield usable information as to cause of death.

Okay, 6 AM is going to be here way too soon tomorrow! Goodnight good people!

I watched the video interview with him and he comes across far more professional than the woman medical examiner did. I was very turned off by the way she behaved when she left the stand. She really came across as if she was more concerned about congratulating herself than testifying professionally. The man in the video comes across as more knowledgeable and professional...and he doesn't come across as having a strong personal opinion on the case where the woman did.

He said he has been involved in the case for a relatively long time -- before defense attorney Jose Baez started representing Anthony.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28239316/detail.html

So he is trying to say that he (Dr Spitz) was involved in the case within a few hours of Casey's initial arrest?

5 months before a body was found?

While we were being told to look for a live Caylee in Miami, New York, North Carolina... etc.

Is that what I'm getting here?

Jose Baez was hired within 48 hours.

Hours after her first court appearance.

He was on WESH on July 18 telling us where to look for Caylee alive.

He was on Nancy Grace on July 23rd with the airport sighting in Atlanta.

If Dr Spitz was in the picture anytime in that first week... he certainly isn't going to HELP the defense by saying that in court. At least Dr G has her facts straight. :waitasec:

:waitasec: soooo... does that mean he h followed since shortly after July 15th? like many of us?
or... does he mean he was following thus case before JB requested him to examine remians?
ehh doesn't matter. The state will "handle him" on the stand.

Why open the skull when all Dr G had to do was pick it up, turn it upside down and she could visualize the interior!
What is his point, that when a skull is still attached to a body it is necessary to open the roof of the skull? umm duh

OMG, is the Dr. sleeping between thoughts? Poor guy, he's old! He says if his memory serves him correctly, he was on the case before Baez. I hope he tells that on the stand, I'd love to see the Prosecution tackle him on that alone, which would make the jury think twice about his credibility----due only to his age and failing memory.

Funny thing though, he said that he learned that the skull had never been opened and then he added "which is almost unheard of." But I remember Dr. G. stating quite clearly with an exclamation point at the end when she was asked if she'd opened it, "Certainly not!" So I do not know why the difference (maybe just techniques) but I was surprised to hear her put emphasis on her answer like that. Unless she knew there was nothing inside the skull to yield usable information as to cause of death.

Okay, 6 AM is going to be here way too soon tomorrow! Goodnight good people!

Should be interesting if CM questions him.... which one will be more confused?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back