Clothing: Hiking boots; good quality

Jewelry:
Characteristics/Medical/Scars: (1) chipped front tooth
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status:
Dental Status:
DNA Status:

Circumstances:
Mary’s last contact with her family was a telephone call from Isle Royale, Michigan on July 1st, 1978. Mary’s personal items were found on a dirt road off Riverside Drive in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Witnesses in Thunder Bay reported seeing someone matching Mary’s description walking along Riverside Drive. Mary was known to be hitchhiking.

Investigating Agencies:
Madison Police Department
211 S. Carroll Street
Madison, Wisconsin
Tele: 608.261.9694
MP Case # 2003.155094
Web: Madison Police Department - City of Madison, Wisconsin

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 42753: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Lori Bruski
Tele: 817.718.7904
E-Mail: Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu

The Charley Project - Mary Margaret Click – The Charley Project

News/Blogs:

Map:
isle-royale-regional-map.jpg

Isle Royale - Transportation Services, (1) sea plane, (4) passenger ferries only (No car ferries)
Transportation Services - Isle Royale National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Riverside Drive, Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada
Google Maps

I believe she has been brought up in the Orange socks thread as a possible before but doesn't have any identifiedi listed. So even if she was a UID somewhere, there's no way to know. And if she's a UID in Canada...:eek:

I believe she has been brought up in the Orange socks thread as a possible before but doesn't have any identifiedi listed. So even if she was a UID somewhere, there's no way to know. And if she's a UID in Canada...:eek:

Yes she did come up in the Orange Socks thread. Mary was added to NAMUS around the same time the upgrade occurred to where now were unable to publicly view the identifiers. So we cannot say for sure if Mary does or does not have identifiers in NAMUS. And if I do not know for sure I leave the fields blank that is all I can do without knowing.

Agree this case can titter either way, last know to be on Isle Royale which is Michigan, her belongings being found in Thunder Bay then I believe her family lived in Wisconsin.

Unsure what Riverside Dr looked like back in 78 but today it appears to be a residential subdivision with fairly nice homes

Last edited:
Wish we knew why MMC was traveling, she did go of her own volition to Thunder Bay, did she meet a cute guy that worked on one of the many boats that pass through and follow him there?
speculation, imo.

Wish we knew why MMC was traveling, she did go of her own volition to Thunder Bay, did she meet a cute guy that worked on one of the many boats that pass through and follow him there?
speculation, imo.

There is so little info on her have been looking for news articles with being reported missing and her belongings being found in Thunder Bay one would think there would be some kind of news article.

Her missing date was July 1st, she may have traveled to Isle Royale for the July 4th holiday, many people go on vacation that week.

Missing for 42 years...

bc804dbb6bc1b07286f5ec1bf43046b7.jpg

Mary Margaret Click, 21.
Missing since 1978.
Click may use the last name Podma.
Height: 5'4 - 5'6
Weight: 180 - 200 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Hiking shorts and hiking boots.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. She has a chipped front tooth.

Details of Disappearance

Click's family last heard from her when she called them from Isle Royale, Michigan on July 1, 1978. She was hitchhiking at the time. After her disappearance, her belongings were found on a dirt road off Riverside Drive in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Witnesses reported seeing someone matching Click's description walking along Riverside Drive. She has never been heard from again.

Madison, Wisconsin police are investigating Click's disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Madison Police Department 608-261-9694
Source Information

Nam

Mary Margaret Click, 21. Missing since 1978. 5'4 - 5'6, 180 - 200 poundsClothing/Jewelry DescriptionHiking shorts and hikin… | Mary margaret, Hazel eyes, Brown hair

Mary Margaret Click – The Charley Project

Mary was a babysitter I had when I was young she lived with her parents down the block in the Town of Fitchburg near Madison. She went to college at age 16 as she was very smart. That is all I know. I had hoped that she would have been found.

Welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for your comments. Hopefully there will some day be a resolution to Mary's disappearance.

It would appear that three different jurisdictions should be involved in the investigation - Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ontario, Canada.

''Mary Margaret Click was a young woman who disappeared from Isle Royale, Michigan in 1978. She may have used the last name "Podma" Few details are available in her case.''
On June 30, 1978, Mary was seen leaving from her home in Madison, Wisconsin. She crossed the Canada-United States border at the Pigeon River Border Crossing and was intending to hitchhike to Banff, Alberta at the time.

On July 1, 1978, Mary was last heard from her family when she called them from Isle Royale, Michigan. On the same day, some of her personal belongings were found on a dirt road off Riverside Drive in Thunder Bay, Ontario, and a month later, additional belongings were found in Raith, Ontario.

Witnesses in the area reported seeing someone matching her appearance, walking alongside Riverside Drive.

Characteristics​

• Short curly brown hair.
  • Hazel eyes.
  • Has one chipped front teeth.
  • Heavy build.
  • Freckled complexion.

Clothing​

• Hiking shorts.
  • Good-quality hiking boots.
  • Grey men's work socks.

Disappeared​

July 1, 1978[2]

Missing for​

44 years

Location​

Isle Royale, Michigan[1]

Age​

Race​

White

Sex​

Female

Height​

5'4 - 5'6

Weight​

180 - 200 pounds''

Isle Royale, Michigan to Thunder Bay, Ontario. No direct route. Travel would have been a combination of boat/ferry + vehicle. Unclear of what that route may have been, but it appears today a ferry can take one from Isle Royale into Minnesota (Grand Portage, I believe) and then travel north via vehicle.

Raith, Ontario is approx 55 miles from Thunder Bay, along Hwy 17; with Banff (her mentioned destination) being a further 1300 miles.

1679338963471.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back