MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10% is off the table, they would need to come up with a cool million between them to get out. Their house is just $1,200 square feet, an average middle class home not worth enough to get them out in my opinion.

51213327-10262809-image-a-86_1638385363028.jpg

The Crumbley home in Oxford, Michigan

They shouldn't have their jobs taken away and loose everything, they haven't been convicted yet.

PICTURED: 'Bullied' Michigan high school shooter Ethan Crumbley | Daily Mail Online
In Crumbley home photo above, poor Old Glory, shoved in porch corner, leaning against railing for support.

Their attorney said that they had to get away from their home because of threats against them. My understanding is that the art studio that their friend allowed them to stay in was 44 miles from their home.
According to LE, they checked out of the hotel they were staying at to go “stay” at this art studio. It makes no sense, especially when combined with the $4k atm withdrawal.

In Crumbley home photo above, poor Old Glory, shoved in porch corner, leaning against railing for support.

If they have a mortgage and can't now pay it, expect to see Old Glory up for sale.

Or someone will take it since it's a vacant house now. I assume vacant. Their neighbor gets their mail and packages.

Exactly!!! To me, in my opinion, this counselor just didn't want to deal with it, blew it off, didn't want backlash from his parents and didn't take it seriously. This is my opinion from my viewpoint, they clearly did not follow standard procedures when handling a troubled child exhibiting violent behavior.
He wasn't violent yet.
They deal with violence fairly often in schools, but this was creep factor.

What do you think was his mom was reponding to with "Don't do it."

Lots of jails have televisions in the common area so he may have known fairly early on. Sucks to be his parents because now they won't be able to visit their son in jail.

I watched the arraignment that was posted and the Mom is crying for herself while the Dad is scoffing at the statements from the prosecutors office.
The sheriff, I believe, described him as being held in isolation so not sure he has access to a common area tv.

I assume that their attorney's will arrange for power of attorney for them so that they can handle their financial affairs. Most likely already in the process of putting a lien on their home in the event there is any equity.

Curious to see if anyone will step up to help them. I think they are a hot potato and no one is going to rally around them until more is known. JMO

Right. These people are either the most oblivious parents ever seen or they just couldn’t be bothered enough to give a s***. MOO

Also, and I’m not defending his actions, but can you imagine being 15 years old in an adult prison and now your parents can’t even visit you because all they can think about is themselves? I wonder who and when someone will tell Ethan what his “parents” did.
Right. These people are either the most oblivious parents ever seen or they just couldn’t be bothered enough to give a s***. MOO

Also, and I’m not defending his actions, but can you imagine being 15 years old in an adult prison and now your parents can’t even visit you because all they can think about is themselves? I wonder who and when someone will tell Ethan what his “parents” did.

My guess is that Ethan was used to his parents putting thenselves above all else-
they appear to be narcissistic to the extreme

I agree. But did they inquire about easy access? That should have been asked along with what’s going on at home, has anything changed in his life , does he seem depressed.

I’m not sure the parents would have answered at all or honestly. I can imagine them telling the school whether they owned guns was none of their business. I’m not aware of any laws that require parents to provide that info to schools. People have extreme views about their Second Amendment rights. Wouldn’t be surprised if the parents held those views. So not sure if they asked but also not sure it would have mattered.

School Gunman’s ‘Fugitive’ Parents Laugh, Cry in Court After Wild Manhunt

I didn’t know the father was disabled?
From the letter only 5 years ago....

“My husband suffered a stroke and a broken back and we were with just my income. Do you know how hard it is to support a family on only $40,000 a year? I couldn’t qualify for State Aid. I made to much.”

“I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life.”

She sounds like a VERY angry woman. Appears proud of her ability to use the F word on a consistent basis in a written document.
A marketing director wrote that letter?

That’s an expensive Christmas gift.
Wonder why they gave it to him so early?
JMO
Broken back? From what? Disability?

He wasn't violent yet.
They deal with violence fairly often in schools, but this was creep factor.

What do you think was his mom was reponding to with "Don't do it."

I don't know what to think of that yet, except that it shows they knew he was capable of something... they had prior knowledge of "something", but I want to see if EC texted her anything first. However, I don't think it's in regards to him killing himself l. That doesn't make sense to me, if I thought my kid was going to shoot himself I think I would call instead of text, and would be there in 5 seconds flat to get him. I lean more towards her knowing what he was planning on doing that day, and to some degree supporting him based on her history of anger and entitled attitude. But that's just my opinion...

He has no access to a common area TV. He is in a cell in isolation. Standard suicide watch.

Nothing in the room basically.
Yes, and during the news conferenced yesterday, a reporter asked sheriff if the shooter was aware his parents had been jailed? The Sheriff said the kid had not been told. I imagine the shooter's lawyer would have advised him of that by now, right?

School Gunman’s ‘Fugitive’ Parents Laugh, Cry in Court After Wild Manhunt

I didn’t know the father was disabled?
From the letter only 5 years ago....

“My husband suffered a stroke and a broken back and we were with just my income. Do you know how hard it is to support a family on only $40,000 a year? I couldn’t qualify for State Aid. I made to much.”

“I sacrifice car insurance to make sure my son gets a good education and hopefully succeeds in life.”

She sounds like a VERY angry woman. Appears proud of her ability to use the F word on a consistent basis in a written document.
A marketing director wrote that letter?

That’s an expensive Christmas gift.
Wonder why they gave it to him so early?
JMO
Broken back? From what? Disability? Pain pills? Alcoholic?

Yes, and during the news conferenced yesterday, a reporter asked sheriff if the shooter was aware his parents had been jailed? The Sheriff said the kid had not been told. I imagine the shooter's lawyer would have advised him of that by now, right?

Yes. He is a minor and when he talks to his lawyer he has a right to ask to see his parents and then will find out his parents are in the same jail complex as him.

Not sure if the parents lost their legal right to have contact with him. They are still his legal guardians.

The Sheriff said Ethan is in isolation and they didn't tell him anything about his parents. Since the news conference he could have been told. He is on suicide watch, same for parents, protocol.

There is no TV in his cell I believe. TV is in common room.

Thanks. I was assuming that he would have access to the common area that would have a tv and a phone. Suicide watch doesn't necessarily mean that he is locked in his cell 23.5 hours a day. Depends on how high of a risk he is.

Thanks. I was assuming that he would have access to the common area that would have a tv and a phone. Suicide watch doesn't necessarily mean that he is locked in his cell 23.5 hours a day. Depends on how high of a risk he is.

He is locked down all the time on suicide watch. Probably allowed a shower and well, nothing else.

Not even normal clothes, a suicide vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHoca