GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure this was already discussed, so apologize for asking…. But I just found out James crumbley made threatening calls from jail and his communications were then restricted to his lawyer and clergy only. Does anyone know what kind of threats and to whom? He always seemed to me to be pretty meek (?) so I’m so curious about this.
WOW just wow.
TIA

I’m sure this was already discussed, so apologize for asking…. But I just found out James crumbley made threatening calls from jail and his communications were then restricted to his lawyer and clergy only. Does anyone know what kind of threats and to whom? He always seemed to me to be pretty meek (?) so I’m so curious about this.
WOW just wow.
TIA
There have been no details released about the calls or emails that resulted in the restrictions.

Still no verdict! Wow. Jennifer’s jury deliberated 10 hours and some change. I’m getting worried.

'What’s the Longest Jury Deliberation in History?'​

'Official statistics aren’t kept on jury deliberations, but in 2003, a jury in Oakland, California deliberated 55 days before acquitting three police officers accused of assaulting and falsely arresting residents. In Tarrant County, Texas, one of the longest jury deliberations in memory occurred in 2006 when a jury deliberated six days before convicting Rev. Terry Hornbuckle of sexually assaulting three women.

Predicting Verdicts Based on Length of Jury Deliberations​

Some believe short deliberations mean jurors have found the defendant guilty, while longer deliberations mean they are leaning towards acquittal. Despite these theories, trying to predict the length of jury deliberations is generally a futile effort. Consider this:

It is safe to assume that jury deliberations may take longer in complicated cases with multiple defendants, counts or charges, which will require longer jury instructions. Still, there is no “average” jury deliberation and the time-frame is anyone’s guess.'

'The Allen Charge aka the Dynamite Charge'​

cont:

After seven hours in the deliberation room, the jury deciding James Crumbley's fate had a question Thursday afternoon — though it was answered in private.

Then the jury went back to work.

'What’s the Longest Jury Deliberation in History?'​

'Official statistics aren’t kept on jury deliberations, but in 2003, a jury in Oakland, California deliberated 55 days before acquitting three police officers accused of assaulting and falsely arresting residents. In Tarrant County, Texas, one of the longest jury deliberations in memory occurred in 2006 when a jury deliberated six days before convicting Rev. Terry Hornbuckle of sexually assaulting three women.

Predicting Verdicts Based on Length of Jury Deliberations​

Some believe short deliberations mean jurors have found the defendant guilty, while longer deliberations mean they are leaning towards acquittal. Despite these theories, trying to predict the length of jury deliberations is generally a futile effort. Consider this:

It is safe to assume that jury deliberations may take longer in complicated cases with multiple defendants, counts or charges, which will require longer jury instructions. Still, there is no “average” jury deliberation and the time-frame is anyone’s guess.'

'The Allen Charge aka the Dynamite Charge'​

cont:
You can’t forget Alex Murdaugh. 3 hours it took the jury!

Does this jury know that Jennifer was found guilty?
There’s no way to really know beyond what was reported about the jury questions. Some said they knew basic details about the cases, some said they knew almost nothing. I can’t imagine anyone not having ANY idea of what has happened in the previous cases since they are covered so heavily locally. (Edited by me)

As of the 6:00 news on WDIV, the jury was still deliberating. They told the Judge that they wanted to continue past the usual 4:30 court dismissal. No update so far, so I don't know whether or not the jury is still deliberating or if they've gone home for the day.

Does this jury know that Jennifer was found guilty?
Good question and did the prosecutor/defense ask the potential jurors exactly that?
I didn't read that they had in the few articles I read on the questions asked.

I think Karen McDonald did mention in her closing that JC was found guilty?
Anyone?

WOW just wow.
TIA
Im dying to know! It’s bizarre.

Breaking News: WXYZ, Channel 7 Detroit (ABC affiliate) has a 7:00PM newscast. On site reporter says that a VERDECT HAS BEEN REACHED in the case. Family members gathering in the courtroom. Verdict to be delivered shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim