GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How incredibly sad, I am just happy that the husband has been cleared quickly. Whatever happened it seems obvious it wasn't him. Cause to often the innocent one left is considered a monster when there are no answers

imo

If LE discovered the pool of blood yesterday afternoon, why would they say that they believe Amy is alive at today's press conference ?

I think that it takes well less than 24 hours to establish whether blood is human or animal.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=151024&catid=14
...police searching for the missing woman found a pool of blood in a trailer belonging to a relative.

WZZM 13 News spoke to a member of Henslee's family, who learned of the police discovery Wednesday afternoon.
they had the day wrong in the article... the blood find/dog search was this afternoon

They need to send this LE over to Hailey Dunn's case. I am impressed that they allowed SAR dogs immediately, they didn't wait 48 hours, they have talked to the public and at the same let them know that the husband was considered clear for the moment, which helps bc the public then looks rather than gives up etc.

Like to know where this Sheriff or small town chief of police got his training because he deserves kudos. Even if they can't arrest immediately, at least they didn't wait weeks on searches. or treat it as a voluntary runaway alone. I mean they did but they did a parallel investigation too

Still catching up. So the family hires an SAR to search relatives property? Family must be highly suspicious of this family member. IMO.

They need to send this LE over to Hailey Dunn's case. I am impressed that they allowed SAR dogs immediately, they didn't wait 48 hours, they have talked to the public and at the same let them know that the husband was considered clear for the moment, which helps bc the public then looks rather than gives up etc.

Like to know where this Sheriff or small town chief of police got his training because he deserves kudos. Even if they can't arrest immediately, at least they didn't wait weeks on searches. or treat it as a voluntary runaway alone. I mean they did but they did a parallel investigation too

It also helped that James was MORE then honest, helpful, and offered the LE to do what that had to, he was on top of this and very little time got away. I sure do hope its animal blood. This makes me sick.

I can't imagine a trailer/cabin "used for hunting purposes" having a "large amount of blood" or "a pool of blood" - even if it came from an animal...First of all, I've never seen hunters make a pool of blood indoors, and can't imagine it being left there either.

As far as the blood testing, I find it hard to believe LE hasn't already run a presumptive test for human blood, and doesn't know yet what it is.

Sounds like this is gonna be another sad case -- but I'm still hoping that things just don't look so good ATM, but will turn out for the best.

I agree - I come from a family/community of hunters. When someone skins their own deer, it's done either hanging from a tree or from a frame built for that purpose --- but always away from a trailer, building, or cabin.

This is so sad... :(

I agree - I come from a family/community of hunters. When someone skins their own deer, it's done either hanging from a tree or from a frame built for that purpose --- but always away from a trailer, building, or cabin.

This is so sad... :(

My husband does it right out in the woods where he killed it, it makes it easier (lighter) to bring the dear back.

Still catching up. So the family hires an SAR to search relatives property? Family must be highly suspicious of this family member. IMO.

Again, I can't get the RSO out of my mind as being involved here. I'm still not sure about the husband but now he's switched places with the RSO, who I believe to be related to the person owning the property (JMHO through looking at different records, etc).

I wonder if the neighbor seeing her getting into the truck is what led LE to think that she left voluntarily, maybe? And through more investigating, they realized that is sadly does not appear to be the case?

A "pool of blood" sounds hinky because (legal) hunting season in Michigan ended on November 30.
A "pool of blood" doesn't sound good at all.....especially if it was inside the trailer :(. Sounds like it's fresh too since they used the word "pool" versus say a ring of dried blood. I'm getting a sad, sinking feeling about the outcome particularly since the dogs tracked all the way from her house to that trailer.

Again, I can't get the RSO out of my mind as being involved here. I'm still not sure about the husband but now he's switched places with the RSO, who I believe to be related to the person owning the property (JMHO through looking at different records, etc).

I wonder if the neighbor seeing her getting into the truck is what led LE to think that she left voluntarily, maybe? And through more investigating, they realized that is sadly does not appear to be the case?

BBM. I think so as well. Sadly she was probably tricked. And the cousin probably only admited to being there because he had to.

just read the cousins name is in an article by wndu. I dont have the link though

Something I am curious about. James states in this article that Amy was not at the bus when the kids got home from school. The problem I have with this statement, he already knew that would not be the case...so who was at the bus stop when the kids got home....James ????...Not pointing fingers here at all...just curious...If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. TIA....

kappy..my understanding is no one was overly concerned until later the afternoon. Perhaps James thought she would be back in time to meet the bus, since he initially thought she could have been with a friend.

I don't believe anyone has said if he went back to work or not.. but obviously something was amiss to him that he went home in the first place. If he was busy calling around/driving around looking for her he must have been home to get the kids? Or a neighbour did?

Something I am curious about. James states in this article that Amy was not at the bus when the kids got home from school. The problem I have with this statement, he already knew that would not be the case...so who was at the bus stop when the kids got home....James ????...Not pointing fingers here at all...just curious...If this has been asked and answered, I apologize. TIA....

just read the cousins name is in an article by wndu. I dont have the link though

It's in here but it's not the RSO who owns the property (redacted names since not named suspects/POI at this point):

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Missing_Person_Alert_Amy_Henslee_114616129.html

On Thursday afternoon police started searching on a Hartford property on County Road 687, where James' cousin JB lives.

The family requested a private company, Mid-Michigan Search and Recovery, join in the search efforts. The canines of that group located a trailer, deep in the wooded area on the back of the property.

Police say they found a large amount of blood, both inside and outside of the door to the trailer. That trailer is apparently used for hunting purposes, and it’s unknown at this time whether the blood is human or animal.

A sample of that blood has been sent off for testing.

Officers continue to search the nearby area and collect evidence. They have declared the property an active crime scene.

Right now, police say JB is not a suspect or a person of interest in the case. JB's father, P, owns the property and police say both have been cooperative in the investigation.

Police: Wooded area an active crime scene in missing woman's case
http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/Missing_Person_Alert_Amy_Henslee_114616129.html

Thursday afternoon, police started searching on a property owned by a relative of Amy Henslee's husband. Police say they found a large amount of blood on the property and have declared it an active crime scene.

...On Thursday afternoon police started searching on a Hartford property on County Road 687, where James' cousin Junior Beeve lives.

Thursday afternoon, police started searching on a property owned by a relative of Amy Henslee's husband. Police say they found a large amount of blood on the property and have declared it an active crime scene.

another snip~

On Thursday afternoon police started searching on a Hartford property on County Road 687, where James' cousin Junior Beeve lives.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Missing_Person_Alert_Amy_Henslee_114616129.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX