GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 27m27 minutes ago
This is a pic of #JamesVancallis found in his cell phone. Sgt discusses testing Vancallis' shirt, boxers for DNA.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 24m24 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - MacArthur says the shoes they believe VanCallis's was wearing have never been recovered, the Carhartt hoodie as well.

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 21m21 minutes ago
This is #JamesVancallis wearing shoes prosecutors say match prints on April's neck. Shoes never found @FOX2News

Anu Prakash ‏@WXYZPrakash 18m18 minutes ago
Video from VanCallis' cell phone that prosecutors say shows him wearing shoes that match prints left on April.

Anu Prakash ‏@WXYZPrakash 17m17 minutes ago
Sgt. MacArthur: Those shoes were never found. Neither was Carhartt jacket. #VanCallisTrial

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 14m14 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - MacArthur testifies she doesn't know if the 16 bags picked up/taken to dump were ever found.

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 13m13 minutes ago
Defense: "there's no direct tip that #JamesVancallis was seen w/ #AprilMillsap?" Sgt: "We have witnesses." @FOX2News

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 14m14 minutes ago
#VanCallisTrial - No DNA/fingerprints/hair...nothing directly indicating connection between James VanCallis and April Millsap.

Chris Hall ‏@challreporter 14m14 minutes ago
Defense attorney again reiterates/questions MacArthur about whether fingerprints, hair, fiber found & ties VanCallis to April. None found.

Chris Hall ‏@challreporter 13m13 minutes ago
Also, no direct tips (but two witnesses, MacArthur said), had anyone seeing VanCallis with April.

Erika Erickson ‏@FOX2Erika 6m6 minutes ago
Defense crosses. #JamesVancallis listens closely, takes notes, along w/ Michael O'Kelly (#MakingAMurderer) @FOX2News

Back later. Going over to Travion Smith trial

Thank you, Chelly! I'm following another trial and can't watch the livestream for this one, so I really appreciate the tweets.

<snipped and bold by me>
Anu Prakash &#8207;@WXYZPrakash 28m28 minutes ago
3 calls to an 810 number were made from April's phone prior to murder. Unknown who that number belonged to.

How can they not know who the phone number belongs to?!?

<snipped and bold by me>

How can they not know who the phone number belongs to?!?

I agree. That doesn't make any sense. Especially if you consider how extensive their records and data are concerning all the other phones involved in the case so they obviously have a way of tracing most everything a phone does.
It must not be saved in her contacts so it would have been dialed manually at least the first time but why would she dial a totally random number given the stress she was under?

The thing that cinches this case the most for me is the witnesses who saw him talking to her on the trail. I did believe the ones who made eye contact with him, who passed within 6 feet of him while riding by on their bikes. I believe that the eye contact left a strong impression in their minds. I believe that their "gut" told them that something was off about the scene.

I think he may have stalked her. I think he may have seen her out walking her dog before, while he was riding around on his motorcycle through town. I think his postings about getting a girl to like you, etc, were the signs that a fixation on her was developing in his mind.

He had to ride his bike pretty far down the path to where he found her- that makes me think that he knew she would be on an isolated stretch of the trail. Maybe he saw her in the blocks near her house and then drove around to the other end of the trail where he could then approach her on his bike.

Despite the lack of DNA, I just feel very strongly about his guilt in this case. I think he's just lucky that due to the type of attack, it was hard to get much DNA.

It could be he had her phone at that time and so he would not have his contacts available. He may have tried to dial a # from memory and his memory failed him. Not sure why he would do that but it could I imagine maybe explain those attempted calls.

It could be he had her phone at that time and so he would not have his contacts available. He may have tried to dial a # from memory and his memory failed him. Not sure why he would do that but it could I imagine maybe explain those attempted calls.
I bet he did make those calls and just used a random number then pushed "send" a couple more times, just to throw the police off.

This video shows a picture of JVC's girlfriend when she was younger side by side a picture of April - perhaps he did in fact have a "type". Given that I think he had noticed her before the day he murdered her, it would make sense that his radar might have "pinged" on April.

[video=youtube;wp1enc2_Uh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1enc2_Uh4&list=PLuNw9FRRRYk73gLmV1QjCwmEVRVkImIAl&index=34[/video]

Courtchatter
4 hrs ·
&#8234;#&#8206;VanCallisTrial&#8236; - Defense says there's nothing linking his client to this murder.

Courtchatter
4 hrs ·
&#8234;#&#8206;VanCallisTrial&#8236; - State argues the evidence they do have is enough to continue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966
Back