MI MI - Arthur Ream, Convicted Rapist/Murderer & Suspected Serial Killer

Not sure what I think on this...

Btw, long time reader and first time poster.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/former-assistant-prosecutor-says-he-doubts-arthur-ream-is-a-serial-killer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Welcome Starryeyed :greetings: and thanks for the article link:

[h=1]Former Assistant Prosecutor says he doubts Arthur Ream is a serial killer[/h]
Former Assistant Macomb County Prosecutor Steven Kaplan, who is now the township supervisor in West Bloomfield, tells 7 Action News he doubts Arthur Ream is a serial killer.

“It’s my view Cindy Zarzycki is most likely his only homicide victim,” he said.

Kaplan added that Ream killed that 13-year-old girl because she was a friend of Ream’s son Scott.

“He propositioned her, she rebuffed him and he killed her,” Kaplan said.
https://www.wxyz.com/news/former-assistant-prosecutor-says-he-doubts-arthur-ream-is-a-serial-killer

All I can say is it's a good thing he is the former Assistant Prosecutor. He seems naive of SK's and probably has no idea what evidence LE has to name Ream as a possible SK, JMO.

Also from the above link:
Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer tells 7 Action News their strategy digging for answers in what could be the murders of six girls from decades ago is changing. He says a new site could be searched next week.

During the day Friday, a road grader was used to shave off layers of soil and people using shovels and metal detectors delicately searched for skeletal remains. He says they have found some possible physical evidence but won’t reveal what it is.

Dwyer says volunteers with metal detectors will continue working over the weekend and Warren Police will be back on Monday. He says Michigan State Police assisted with a profiler and did the Polygraph in the case and remain on standby. Dwyer also says the FBI is assisting and getting new tips from the public.

Welcome Starryeyed :greetings: and thanks for the article link:

[h=1]Former Assistant Prosecutor says he doubts Arthur Ream is a serial killer[/h]

All I can say is it's a good thing he is the former Assistant Prosecutor. He seems naive of SK's and probably has no idea what evidence LE has to name Ream as a possible SK, JMO.
Thanks!!! I absolutely love this community and all that you guys do. I spend A LOT of time here. :)

I also agree with you about the prosecutor. I felt his reasoning for not believing AR is sooo out of touch with SK behavior and I'm glad he isn't the one investigating this now. Ridiculously inept.

Thanks!!! I absolutely love this community and all that you guys do. I spend A LOT of time here. :)

I also agree with you about the prosecutor. I felt his reasoning for not believing AR is sooo out of touch with SK behavior and I'm glad he isn't the one investigating this now. Ridiculously inept.

Well now that you finally posted I hope you stick around and post more :)

To me it seems totally possible that Ream mostly targeted hitchhikers and girls not easily associated with him. He made a mistake with Cindy because she could be easily linked to him and that is how he got caught. Cindy was not a troubled girl and she told at least 2 of her friends she was going to meet Ream at the Dairy Queen that day. Sadly, it still took decades to catch him because LE did not listen to Cindy's friend's stories right away. Decades later when a new investigator was assigned to look at Cindy's case he re-interviewed her friends and put all the evidence together. Hopefully the current prosecutor is on the same page as the Warren Police Commissioner.

Well now that you finally posted I hope you stick around and post more :)

To me it seems totally possible that Ream mostly targeted hitchhikers and girls not easily associated with him. He made a mistake with Cindy because she could be easily linked to him and that is how he got caught. Cindy was not a troubled girl and she told at least 2 of her friends she was going to meet Ream at the Dairy Queen that day. Sadly, it still took decades to catch him because LE did not listen to Cindy's friend's stories right away. Decades later when a new investigator was assigned to look at Cindy's case he re-interviewed her friends and put all the evidence together. Hopefully the current prosecutor is on the same page as the Warren Police Commissioner.
Yes!!! This is what my best friend and I have been discussing. We believe Cindy was the final one because she was too closely connected to him. We think LE back then either didn't care to investigate links to other missing girls in the area or they weren't educated on SK behavior. Either way, it's a shame no one paid more attention back then. I hope you're right and the current prosecutor is on the same page as everyone else and they won't stop until they find the rest.

Yes!!! This is what my best friend and I have been discussing. We believe Cindy was the final one because she was too closely connected to him. We think LE back then either didn't care to investigate links to other missing girls in the area or they weren't educated on SK behavior. Either way, it's a shame no one paid more attention back then. I hope you're right and the current prosecutor is on the same page as everyone else and they won't stop until they find the rest.

Is he a serial killer or not?

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

IMO, yes. But that hasn't been verified by publicly released evidence yet.

So far Ream has only been convicted of murdering Cindy Zarzycki in 1986 (conviction didn't come until 2008). He has also been convicted of raping 2 girls before Cindy-- at least one girl he picked up as a hitchhiker. After Ream was convicted in Cindy's murder, 4 additional women came forward to LE and said Ream sexually assaulted them when they were young teens as well. LE has stated they believe he has murdered more girls but they have not pressed additional charges yet. Currently, they are searching a 24 acre plot of land where Cindy was buried. The Police Commissioner has said they suspect Ream to be a serial killer and they have probable cause for this search for additional missing girls. One of the big pieces of evidence that we know of is that he bragged in prison that he had murdered 4 to 6 girls. After the bragging came to LE's attention, LE gave him a lie detector test and he failed it. That is what we know so far. That is why the word "suspected" is in the title of this thread. HTH.

Not to call out anybody or any law enforcement agency specifically, but it’s crazy to me to think that LE would not listen and/or take Cindy’s friends stories and info seriously. ESPECIALLY being in that area and time, post OCCK. You’d think missing children/teen cases would be looking into more thoroughly and vigorously, especially in the wake of all that.

Not to call out anybody or any law enforcement agency specifically, but it’s crazy to me to think that LE would not listen and/or take Cindy’s friends stories and info seriously. ESPECIALLY being in that area and time, post OCCK. You’d think missing children/teen cases would be looking into not thoroughly and vigorously especially in the wake of all that.
I do have a hard time with the fact that they were led to Cindy's body quite a while ago, and now they say they are looking at a site right by where she was found. Why didn't anyone examine the area more thoroughly back then?

I do have a hard time with the fact that they were led to Cindy's body quite a while ago, and now they say they are looking at a site right by where she was found. Why didn't anyone examine the area more thoroughly back then?

Good question?

Not to call out anybody or any law enforcement agency specifically, but it’s crazy to me to think that LE would not listen and/or take Cindy’s friends stories and info seriously. ESPECIALLY being in that area and time, post OCCK. You’d think missing children/teen cases would be looking into not thoroughly and vigorously especially in the wake of all that.

According to the documentary video the original investigators wrote Cindy off as a runaway teen. This was VERY common procedure in the 1980's if there was no clear evidence of a crime (i.e. no crime scene, etc.)

According to the documentary video the original investigators wrote Cindy off as a runaway teen. This was VERY common procedure in the 1980's if there was no clear evidence of a crime (i.e. no crime scene, etc.)

Yeah, I know that. I just can’t believe they held onto that way of thinking for so long. Like I said, after OCCK, you’d think they would stop being so quick to throw the “run away” tag out there. Especially since nobody was ever caught in the OCCK, it’s the same relative area and same relative time. At that point, you’d think LE would change the way they approach missing kids/teens.

Yeah, I know that. I just can’t believe they held onto that way of thinking for so long. Like I said, after OCCK, you’d think they would stop being so quick to throw the “run away” tag out there. Especially since nobody was ever caught in the OCCK, it’s the same relative area and same relative time. At that point, you’d think LE would change the way they approach missing kids/teens.

Sorry, who is OCCK? (I'm not from the area) Thanks for your info and insight, MDP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89
Back