MI MI - Arthur Ream, Convicted Rapist/Murderer & Suspected Serial Killer

I was so sad when in the last presser the guy said I will not do another until something is found.... my stomach dropped. I literally have not heard a pin drop in Kimberly’s case since that day... until I came here to read about the families being able to help dig. But, really.... nothing else... they had everyone so excited and pumped up. I feel horrible for the families.... to be let down AGAIN.... I absolutely hate how these sick bastards play with victims families... just breaks my heart.

This was published May 23, 2018. I hadn't seen it: Mother of 2 says convicted killer Arthur Ream sexually attacked her when she was a teenager

DETROIT - The Local 4 Defenders spoke with a woman who said she was 13 years old when convicted killer Arthur Ream sexually attacked her.

The 49-year-old mother of two hasn't shared her story publicly until now. She wants to conceal her identity to protect her family, but she wants the story to be told.

She has since moved out of Metro Detroit and kept quiet for decades. Her allegations are part of court paperwork, evidence of prior acts by Ream of sexual assault and rape that prosecutors attempted to get admitted in the Cindy Zarzycki murder case.

"I had talked to detectives years ago," the woman, who we will call Kristin, said.

More at link.

I would think that the time line might be extended back a few years as well to include other possible victims.

There was a tendency in 1969 for LE to try to link any such cases to the "Michigan Co-Ed Killer", later believed to be John Norman Collins. Even today, it is generally believed that he killed seven girls in and around Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, Michigan and at least one girl in Salinas, California. Collins was only convicted of one of those murders and the others are officially still "unsolved".

If this Ream character was around and active during that time, it might be possible that he was responsible for one (or more) of those murders.

The difficult thing about these links is that they are mostly about Missing persons, rather than definite murders with forensic evidence available. If these were his only murders, then he must have come up with a very effective method of body disposal, since they are still missing.

Ream probably couldn't tell the truth even if he stepped in it. So relying on anything he says would require solid confirmation, like finding a body or other linking piece of evidence.

Here is a case of two missing teenage girls from fall of 1968. They have their own thread in the "Missing in the 1960's" folder of Websleuths.

Could their disappearance be connected with any of the others previously mentioned?

--------------------------------------------
Pamela Sue Hobley
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 31, 1969
Location Last Seen: Oscoda, Iosco Co, Michigan

Physical Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: May 25, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'6 to 5'8
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 100-115 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on the left side of her mouth and a scar across the bridge of her nose.
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: 3/4 length white fur coat with brown fur trim. Long sleeve blouse with ruffled cuffs, white cotton knee socks, brown and white plaid skirt. Chunky style shoe with thick heel.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Photo: At link below

Circumstances of Disappearance

Pamela Hobley and Patricia Spencer went missing on the day of the homecoming football game on October 31, 1969. The two were not considered friends, but it is thought that they may have skipped school together thatafternoon. Neither of the girls have a purse or an ID with them.

No one has seen or heard from them since then. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Oscoda Township Police
Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Hall
Agency Phone Number: 989-739-9113

Agency Case Number: 69-7755

NCMEC Case Number: 1175075

NamUs Case Number: MP #11478

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Sources

NCMEC
NamUs
The Doe Network: Pamela Sue Hobley & 3080DFMI

LINK:

3080DFMI - Pamela Sue Hobley

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patricia Spencer
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 31, 1969
Location Last Seen: Oscoda, Iosco Co, Michigan

Physical Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: October 1, 1953
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'3
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 120 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Patricia may wear eyeglasses.
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Tweed or brown plaid skirt, brown sweater, grey and green plaid jacket, brown shoes with thick heel. Did not have her glasses with her when she went missing.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Photo: At link below

Circumstances of Disappearance

Patricia Spencer and Pamela Sue Hobley went missing on the day of the homecoming football game on October 31, 1969. The two were not considered friends, but it is thought that they may have skipped school together thatafternoon. Neither of the girls have a purse or an ID with them.

No one has seen or heard from them since then. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Oscoda Township Police
Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Hall
Agency Phone Number: 989-739-9113

Agency Case Number: 69-7755

NCMEC Case Number: 1175069

NamUs Case Number: MP #11479

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Sources

NCMEC
NamUs
The Doe Network: Patricia Spencer & 3081DFMI

LINK:

3081DFMI - Patricia Ann Spencery

Something that seems rather odd to me is that no matter how far I search for possible victims, nearly none of them seem to be dated after Cindy's murder. They almost stop after 1986. Did killing someone close to him make him act strangely, do you suppose? I highly doubt it.

Although I live in the UK now, I grew up in Livingston County, MI, and although Oakland County is a good 40 minute drive away, I was 10 when OCCK was going on and I remember it very very well. All of a sudden, all kids were on total lockdown. I also remember when Christina and Kimberly were found in the county, and it was very scary.

Interstate 96 goes right through Livingston County, a very well traveled area smack dab in the middle of Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, and Flint. I have no doubt Ream traveled through Livingston County many many times.

Evidence seized from abandoned warehouse could relate to Kimberly King case

Police spent Monday seizing evidence from an old abandoned warehouse in Warren as part of an ongoing investigation relative to the Kimberly King case.

There's a number of items that we're looking at as far as different documents that are being seized, along with some other evidence we feel are evidence in the case," Dwyer said.

Bumping this case up. If Arthur Ream is really a viable suspect in Cynthia's disappearance, I wonder if he might also be connected to other earlier (1969 and 1970 era) cases as well.

Having a moment, I apologize in advance.

Just checked in on Cindy again and I am SO SICK of seeing his name in the media -_-. I'm sorry but I really think the answer is this.
STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM!!! He thrives on it. So start there.
Latest news..He has written his own version of disappearance at the dairy queen. This made me physically ill. After the nausea, tears and disgust I am left Frustrated and sooooo ANGRY. again.
Cindy was our friend. She was so many things to so many people. NOBODY CARES WHAT COMES OUT OF HIS PUTRID MOUTH! It's just insulting and painful and...…. all over again. Lies, Lies, Lies.
If you want to get somewhere on these other cases take a step back and look at the.....waste of air your dealing with.
NO MORE MEDIA ATTENTION until he comes clean about Cindy's murder. Complete shut out. zero exposure. zero contact. Shut him out so completely that he is desperate enough to finally admit what really happened knowing its the only way to bring the light back on him. Once he breaks the seal the flow will be hard to stop. He still holds on to the ridiculous notion that people believe he isn't a killer. When you get the first admission out of the way he's got nothing left to lose. He'll want to hold that spotlight as long as he can. Handing out tidbits of info here and there.
Stop playing with him. If he hands out BS info shut him out again. Treat him like the he is. Train him Like he should have been so long ago. Make it clear what will not be tolerated. What is expected. Have your little lunches and treat him like a human UNTIL he lies. The first time you follow up on information and find its a lie, he's cut off. HE THRIVES ON ATTENTION. So reward him appropriately and discipline consistently. If he doesn't have true insights to share he is IRRELEVANT. Make that CLEAR.
And when you've bled him dry of all his secrets......kindly strip him naked nic his skin all over , roll him in road kill and bob him 2 ft over a pit of hungry alligators. Those badboys got leaps!
let me go ahead and pre-respond to any outraged responses to that request.
WHAT!? You got something against feeding alligators? Are you an animal hater?......yep, that's the spin youll get back ;)
WHEW. Thanks for letting me vent. definitely takes the edge off feeling powerless to get any kind of true justice.
and for Cindy, Girls Just Want To Have FUN!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Arthur Ream probably does deserve to be tortured, but unfortunately that is not one of the options legally available. I don't think that he is capable of telling the truth no matter how he is treated or dealt with.

It should not be about Ream, but rather about his possible victims.

Connecting Ream with missing or murdered children is not meant in anyway to elevate his position on Earth or in Hell, but to possibly bring answers to the families of those children.

Missing Michigan girls who could be connected to Ream include these:
• Cynthia Coon, 13, who disappeared from Ann Arbor in 1970
• Nadine O'Dell, 16, who disappeared in Inkster in 1974
• Kimberly King, 13, who disappeared from Warren in 1979
• Kim Larrow, 15, who disappeared in Canton in 1981
• Kellie Brownlee, 17, who disappeared in Novi in 1982

He buried 13-year-old Cindy Zarzycki in 1986. Twenty-two years later, he was convicted of murdering her and he led investigators to the burial site to recover her remains. It is felt by investigators that he may have buried others in the same manner or same area, but Ream denies it.

Some missing Michigan girls:

636615663443623005-051018arthur-ream-suspected-victims.jpg

Left to right: Cynthia Coon, 13, missing since 1970 from Ann Arbor; Nadine O'Dell, 16, missing since 1974 from Inkster; Kimberly King, 13, missing since 1979 from Warren; Kim Larrow, 15, missing since 1981 from Canton; and Kellie Brownlee, 17, missing since 1982 from Novi.

Aug 19 2019 rbbm.
Police continue to search Macomb Twp for bodies in decades-long cold case

"MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. (WXYZ) — Law enforcement agencies are continuing their joint investigation on unsolved homicides in Macomb County."

"Early Monday morning, investigators began their second excavation, which is very close to the prior site, but on the north side of the Clinton River, just south of 23 Mile Road."

"Investigators reportedly continue to develop new information associated with the investigations. The effort to excavate the new area includes Warren police, Canton police, the Macomb County Sheriff's Department, Michigan State Police and the FBI."

Authorities haven't said yet officially what they're looking for in particular during this search, except to say they're continuing the investigation on unsolved homicides.

"Multiple investigations have led us to this location and we are hoping to bring justice to victims and closure to their families," a press release from the Warren police department said.
Police searching woods in Macomb Twp. again related to 'unsolved homicides'

***About 45 assorted police investigators searched the wooded area on 23 Mile near North Avenue in Macomb Township for hours Monday.

Warren and Canton police, the Macomb County Sheriff's Office, Michigan State Police and the FBI are working to find the remains of 12-year-old Kimberly King who went missing in Warren in 1979 - along with four to six other missing girls. The search is expected to last all week.
Search for remains of 4-6 girls expected to last week in Macomb Twp.

***Police sources told Local 4 that Ream has a history of playing mind games. Even when he was asked, he admitted he did play mind games and enjoyed watching police search for clues.

In prison Ream wrote a paper on the disappearance of Zarzycki. In that paper he wrote about his anger issues, saying, "Anger can lead me to re-offending because I focus my anger toward one person, and if that person is a young and vulnerable female I could re-offend."

The search for other victims isn't over. Ream spent a lot of time up north in Gladwin and Osceola County. There has been speculation there could be searches in those areas, too.
Convicted killer: Who is Arthur Ream? The search for more possible victims

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn