MI MI - Augustine Floyd, 18, Mt. Pleasant, 12 Oct 2007

http://www.themorningsun.com/articles/2010/07/25/opinion/srv0000008885310.txt

Published: Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's been almost three years since Auggie Floyd went missing.

Police long ago quit referring to his as a missing person case, and determined that it's a homicide investigation.

A federal grand jury in Bay City continues to study the case, trying to get honest answers out of a bunch of witnesses very fond of lying.

But all of that is old news, and the point here is that, contrary to persistent local rumors, there is no new news.

Auggie's body has not been found. Neither has his car. Both went missing from a party just outside Mt. Pleasant on the Isabella Indian Reservation in October 2007.

Recent rumors that Auggie's body had been found have become so prevalent that the time has come to address them.

I hope that Augie can be found so his family can have some peace. I also hope that if he was the victim of a homicide that the end was quick --this kid suffered enough on this earth (Mom was killed by Dad who is now in prison --Augie was hurt in the attack on Mom)

I hope that the Carnel Chamberlain case will refresh everyone's memory about Auggie. Hopefully this will bring them some new leads.

Snipped from the above link:

Floyd attended a concert at Central Michigan University that night with a Manistee, MI female he met on MySpace. After the concert, they decided to attend a party on the Isabella Indian Reservation.

While there, the 5 foot 10 inch, 183-pound Floyd—dressed in a dark sweatshirt, a white T-shirt, dark jeans and white tennis shoes—was said to be involved in a confrontation. He then left to visit a friend in Union Township.

The last time Floyd was seen was approximately 4 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2007, standing next to his black with leather interior 1995 Cadillac Deville 4-door sedan.

:(

Huh.

This is interesting to me. Did Augustine have ties to Grand Traverse County beyond the band?

Is there any official word out there beyond FB?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

http://www.themorningsun.com/general-news/20150803/mt-pleasant-man-fbi-to-look-for-auggie-in-rural-pond

"A Mt. Pleasant man says the FBI intends to drain a pond on his rental property in search of the car, the body or both of a man who went missing nearly eight years ago in Isabella County.

Terry Vasquez, who owns the home and property at 8658 E. Baseline Road, said the tenants in the home were contacted this past Wednesday by the FBI who said they had reason to believe the body and car of Augustine “Auggie” Floyd was under the waters of the man-made pond next to their home.

“The FBI told my renters they had two leads, two tips that made them think Auggie is in my pond,” Vasquez said....Floyd was 18-years-old when he and his car went missing after attending a concert and a party in Mt. Pleasant on Oct. 12, 2007. A task force compiled of local, state and federal law enforcement officials was formed to investigate and search, particularly the “end of the world” area, a heavily wooded area about two miles due east of Vasquez’s rental property."

http://www.themorningsun.com/general-news/20150805/auggie-search-dive-team-finds-no-clues

"The Isabella County Dive Team assisted the FBI Wednesday morning following leads that the car, body or both of a man missing for eight years may have been submerged in the water.

Residents said the dive team searched the pond next to their home at 8658 E. Baseline in Chippewa Township for about three hours, but appear to have come up empty-handed."

All we need is one person to come forward. He needs to be found.

Bumping for Augie. This case always really bothered me. I grew up about 45 minutes away from where he went missing --there are so many places there to hide a car or a body. I truly believe someone knows what happened...I hope someday there is a break in this case.

NamUs has updated Augustine's case with the following rule outs:

• UP14360 - DBF: 8/14/2015 in Bland County, VA
  • UP11216 - DBF: 4/22/2009 in Monroe County, MI
  • UP10520 - DBF: 11/12/2011 in Racine County, WI
  • UP9862 - DBF: 10/26/2008 in Coconino County, AZ

• augustine_lee_floyd_1.jpg
    augustine_lee_floyd_2.jpg
    augustine_lee_floyd_5.jpg
Floyd, circa 2007; Floyd's car

<<Floyd attended a concert for the band T-Pain at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan on October 12, 2007. He went to a party East Remus Road at the Isabella Indian Reservation afterwards.

He had a confrontation with some other guests at the party and was thrown out, but later returned. He was last seen at 4:00 a.m., standing near his car. He never returned to his Suttons Bay, Michigan home and has never been heard from again.>>

<<Floyd is one of seven children. His mother was murdered by her husband in 2002 and Floyd was injured in the attack while trying to defend her. He moved in with his grandmother after his mother's death and was still living there when he went missing. At the time of his disappearance, Floyd had warrants out for his arrest in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after he failed to appear in court for sentencing.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searching4Answers2
Back