MI MI - Calvin Michael Anderson, 25, Iron River, 17 June 1974

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Mugshot Scan From the Iron County Jail 1972
Last seen alive: June 17, 1974 at 09:01

Circumstances: Calvin Anderson was last seen leaving a residence at approximately 1:30 pm on June 17th, 1974 with Richard Kyllonen. Kyllonen and Anderson had been close friends until June of 1974, Calvin had seperated from his wife, and Kyllonen ended up moving in with her. Anderson had agreed to testify against Kyllonen for a 1971 arson that they were both involved in. Since Anderson went missing, Kyllonen has been interviewed several times and has refused to take a polygraph. Calvin is believed to be a victim of a homicide.

First Name: Calvin Michael
Middle Name: Michael
Last Name: Anderson
[h=3]Details[/h] Age When Last Known Alive: 25
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 71.0
Weight: 165.0
[h=3]Location[/h] City: Iron River
State: Michigan
Zip: 49935
County: Iron
[h=3]Appearance[/h] Hair: Brown
Eye: Blue
[h=3]Clothing and Accessories[/h] Clothing: Red and Green plaid shirt, faded Levi's
Footwear: High Top leather boots

http://www.missingin.org/reg4711/calvin_michael_anderson_.htm

Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

Fingerprint information is available and entered

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8722/

Calvin Michael Anderson
  • calvin_michael_anderson_1.jpg
Anderson, circa 1974

• Missing Since 06/17/1974
  • Missing From Iron River, Michigan
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 10/02/1948 (70)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 165 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A red and green plaid shirt, faded Levi's jeans and high-top leather boots.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Anderson was last seen leaving a residence in Iron River, Michigan at approximately 1:30 p.m. on June 17, 1974. He was accompanied by Richard Kyllonen at the time of his disappearance. The two men had been close friends until that month, when Anderson separated from his wife and Kyllonen moved in with him. Anderson agreed to testify against Kyllonen in a 1971 case both of them were involved in, but he disappeared before the trial.

Kyllonen has refused to take a polygraph about Anderson's disappearance. Authorities believe Anderson was the victim of a homicide, but no charges have been filed in his case.

Calvin Michael Anderson – The Charley Project

Being someone who travels into the Upper Peninsula frequently—one of the most uninhabited and untouched picturesque places in the world—it makes it incredibly chilling reading about disappearances from this place. I grew up in Eagle River, only 30 minutes from the border and about an hour from Iron River. This case is so old and Upper Peninsula so rural, it's hard to imagine the police having resources to find missing persons like this as much as the Lower Peninsula and there is virtually no information on the internet about it, despite the fact the few details we know about it are incredibly creepy. The FBI had to even lend a hand with an Unlawful Flight to Avoid Prosecution to catch fraud fugitive Leigh Ann Hart from her disappearance in Manistique. This Richard Kyllonen is incredibly suspicious especially since he was suppose to be convicted of arson but only on his missing friend's testimony. He is on Facebook and is now living in Wisconsin. I wonder if he and Calvin's wife are still together. I wonder if she had something to do with it. I really can't believe this happened so close to where I grew up. Anyone else from the Upper Peninsula? Police sound pretty certain Kyllonen is responsible.

Calvin Michael Anderson

Calvin Michael Anderson (NamUs)
IRON RIVER, Mich. – Calvin Michael Anderson agreed to testify against another man in an arson investigation and then disappeared.

That was 18 years ago, Anderson is still missing. Police believe he was killed.

He was last seen at 1:30 p.m. on June 17, 1974, with the man he was going to testify against.

Richard Kyllonen and Anderson had been close friends until June of 1974. Anderson had separated from his wife and Kyllonen moved in with her.

Anderson had agreed to testify against Kyllonen for a 1971 arson that they were both involved in. Kyllonen has been interviewed several times since Anderson disappeared and has refused to take a polygraph test.

Police believe Anderson was killed.

He was last seen wearing a red and green plaid shirt, faded Levi jeans and high-top leather boots.
DetailsCalvin Michael Anderson
Age Missing25
Age Now73
Height5′11′'
Weight165 lbs
HairBrown
EyesBlue
Anyone with information should contact Michigan State Police at 906-774-2122.

I'll call into the department to get a case number, and will file a records request within the next few days. Don't expect quick results, as I always receive my requests 3 days after I'm supposed to.

Hi there! That is so funny! Last year, I received the entire case file from MSP. John Grisham could not write a better true crime story! Calvin is definitely buried somewhere on his work site. I also talk to his son here and there. Here are some pictures from the case file.

352145.png

4504bb.png

r48866.png

Do you know when the last date for the files you requested is? I know that for Glenna West I had to request a separate case number because it had been reentered as a new one in 2020.

Update: to obtain these records MSP is charging me 114 dollars. Unfortunately I'm not willing to pay that amount. If anyone else is, I'm more than happy to write out the record request for you, you'll just need to enter in your personal information before sending the email.

Update: to obtain these records MSP is charging me 114 dollars. Unfortunately I'm not willing to pay that amount. If anyone else is, I'm more than happy to write out the record request for you, you'll just need to enter in your personal information before sending the email.
I mean, I'll probably just be posting the entire thing on my blog...

Why not just share them here?

I can post what wouldn't be libelous.

Even if okay with mods, I also find it creepy he is—not just living among us—but not far from me. He was convicted of beating his wife with a pipe in front of his kids, masking himself in the beginning. However, he has not, to this day, been charged with anything related to Calvin's disappearance.

Last edited:
I can post what wouldn't be libelous.

Even if okay with mods, I also find it creepy he is—not just living among us—but not far from me. He was convicted of beating his wife with a pipe in front of his kids, masking himself in the beginning. However, he has not, to this day, been charged with anything related to Calvin's disappearance.
Could you post where you found that information?
Here I include a (very poor) improved photo of Calvin.1669546211681.jpg

Could you post where you found that information?
Here I include a (very poor) improved photo of Calvin.

x4488m.jpg

800g8o.jpg

When this happened, it got MSP's antenna's up and the case was changed from missing persons investigation to homicide. Unfortunately the wife dropped the majority of charges and went back to him. We can only surmise why he did this. He's a very evil person and knows exactly where Calvin is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221
Back