GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all have been doing some terrific sleuthing...

I hope LE knows about these other accounts of Chelsea's so they can investigate further...

JMO...
I can assure you that LE was made aware of the Tumblr account as well as some posts reposted by a follower shortly after her funeral service.

I haven't posted here in a while but I am still following and "searching" for anything new or relevant.

Thank you all for your diligence and sleuthing. I am discouraged that there doesn’t seem to be any new information or leads to capture the monster that did this.

Just a quick note: I discovered Chelsea's Tumblr and many other social media pages and emailed them to police not long after she went missing so I do know they are aware of it.

The posts did suggest to me that Chelsea was interested in activities beyond her nice girl image, whether she considered it edgy or humorous. It has made me wonder if she could've interacted flirtatiously (online even?) with an acquaintance or stranger. And that perhaps she even got in over her head.

Thank you! I have been thinking about reporting the tumblr pies, and am glad you already did. At least LE can decide if there is any value to them.

I can assure you that LE was made aware of the Tumblr account as well as some posts reposted by a follower shortly after her funeral service.

I haven't posted here in a while but I am still following and "searching" for anything new or relevant.

Thank you all for your diligence and sleuthing. I am discouraged that there doesn’t seem to be any new information or leads to capture the monster that did this.

Thanks, dmc. I am relieved that it has already been reported to LE.

I wish we would get some word as to how the investigation is going. I hope we learn what truly happened to Chelsea.

I am saddened and confused as to whether the family knew about the tumblr type of activities CB desvpcribed. How much was actual truth or exaggerations? If what I understood the posts to mean, she sounded rather wild a few years back, no motivation, a lot of drinking and seeking sexual activity. Was it a fantasy or her real feelings. How could some family members not know yet portray her as an innocent shy girl? Could it have been hidden that well? I had the impression at least one sister knew this side and perhaps she kept it to herself or covered for her sister at times.

I just don't know how to deal with this confusing aspect. It has really jumbled me.

When we were going through the event list and checking out the pages of those who were invited or attended, several of them had their hometown as a city in Florida. Not saying whoever you found isn't really located there but it seemed some kids, especially younger ones, don't list their actual city but put one in different states. Might be coincidence but a group of profiles we found that were friends with each other and on the event page had Florida on their profiles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the "shiva" friend of Chelsea lived in Monroe, but then she moved to Florida to live with her boy-friend.

From the tumblr it now seems to me that she was not only upset by an ex-boyfriend that broke up with her, but she also had a fall-out with her best friend (about boyfriends?) who stopped talking to her altogether. The ex-boyfriend seems to work at the same place (Olga's kitchen), but I am not sure yet who it is.

Spellz, sometimes kids seem to live by a virtual reality that may be disassociated from how they make their real choices, to some degree. In the past, it could have been a cigar box stashed somewhere long forgotten, now it can be web trails. LE would be able to put it in context, I would imagine. The sense I get of her is that most secret thing Chelsea could have harbored the night she lingered at BM's bash may have been a crush, nothing out of the ordinary.

Spellbound, I've not posted on Chelsea's thread before tho I have been lurking since the start. I find this comment troubling even if that wasn't your intention.

I'm a couple of years older than Chelsea and I don't think there is anything to necessarily feel saddened about. Just because she posted about certain types of activities doesn't mean she isn't an "innocent" - she most likely died in horrible circumstances that had nothing to do with who she was or the choices she made. Somebody chose to do this to her. It's not her fault whatever she was into. Social media is often used to portray perhaps an edgier image than was the reality (which I think may be the case here) and I would certainly say my generation are much more frank and open about things. Everybody has fantasies and people can be into some kinky stuff and there is no shame in that providing it's with consenting adults. I would be surprised if her family were aware of her tumblr simply because I would say it's the norm for young people to not want or allow their parents to monitor their social media accounts esp if they are in their twenties.

I would hazard a guess that to her family yes Chelsea was a shy, innocent girl. Like most girls are to their parents. However she would have another side, as we all do for our friends and peers. There is nothing wrong with this. It's perfectly normal. Nobody is perfect and it doesn't do Chelsea justice to elevate her to some saintly pedestal oShe was a normal girl behaving as a most girls of her age do.

I personally don't believe there is anything sinister or untoward when it comes to her tumblr postings. Obviously I think LE should and will have no doubt gone through everything but I don't think it reveals anything bad about her character.

Drove by the site today and was farther from Will Carleton than I realized. It was actual across Newburg road which I guess I never really realized back when it all was being discussed, since they kept referencing Will Carleton road.
Took me some time to get down there. The "entrance" to the site is still roped off with the chain and there is a big grass/dirt hill blocking the entrance. I couldn't see anything back in the woods so I would assume development never continued? The side road that goes along the railroad tracks had a rope blocking it off that was broke and laying on the ground with a hard to read "keep out" sign. There is a house directly across from the lot and one next to it that has a for sale sign. It sits back in the woods. I wonder if that who was starting to develop the property? Gave me the chills just like when I would go past the flat rock site ....

Drove by the site today and was farther from Will Carleton than I realized. It was actual across Newburg road which I guess I never really realized back when it all was being discussed, since they kept referencing Will Carleton road.
Took me some time to get down there. The "entrance" to the site is still roped off with the chain and there is a big grass/dirt hill blocking the entrance. I couldn't see anything back in the woods so I would assume development never continued? The side road that goes along the railroad tracks had a rope blocking it off that was broke and laying on the ground with a hard to read "keep out" sign. There is a house directly across from the lot and one next to it that has a for sale sign. It sits back in the woods. I wonder if that who was starting to develop the property? Gave me the chills just like when I would go past the flat rock site ....

Thanks monster, for sharing this. It gives me chills that the perp/s responsible is/are still free and unknown, it seems.

Spellbound, I've not posted on Chelsea's thread before tho I have been lurking since the start. I find this comment troubling even if that wasn't your intention.

I'm a couple of years older than Chelsea and I don't think there is anything to necessarily feel saddened about. Just because she posted about certain types of activities doesn't mean she isn't an "innocent" - she most likely died in horrible circumstances that had nothing to do with who she was or the choices she made. Somebody chose to do this to her. It's not her fault whatever she was into. Social media is often used to portray perhaps an edgier image than was the reality (which I think may be the case here) and I would certainly say my generation are much more frank and open about things. Everybody has fantasies and people can be into some kinky stuff and there is no shame in that providing it's with consenting adults. I would be surprised if her family were aware of her tumblr simply because I would say it's the norm for young people to not want or allow their parents to monitor their social media accounts esp if they are in their twenties.

I would hazard a guess that to her family yes Chelsea was a shy, innocent girl. Like most girls are to their parents. However she would have another side, as we all do for our friends and peers. There is nothing wrong with this. It's perfectly normal. Nobody is perfect and it doesn't do Chelsea justice to elevate her to some saintly pedestal oShe was a normal girl behaving as a most girls of her age do.

I personally don't believe there is anything sinister or untoward when it comes to her tumblr postings. Obviously I think LE should and will have no doubt gone through everything but I don't think it reveals anything bad about her character.

Scarlett, thank you for this. I am not sure why you found my comment troubling, as I stated I could not tell if the posts were total truth or exaggerations or fantasies. However, as a parent, I would feel bad if I had to see that from my child (kids do not need to tell parents everything!), so if it has been shared with LE it is possible the family has seen it by now, also. That saddens me for them, having met them and seeing their pain.

I certainly hold nothing against Chelsea as being a cause of her death. It does not change my determination to be a part of this all the way. I want to know who did this and why. No one deserves this, Chelsea or her family, or anyone else. In no way did I want to imply she brought it on herself.

I very much appreciate your comments, and they do make some sense of this. Thank you for sharing this. Maybe the older you get, the harder it is to relate to young people's circumstances. Times have changed with the addition of the Internet.

Scarlett, thank you for this. I am not sure why you found my comment troubling, as I stated I could not tell if the posts were total truth or exaggerations or fantasies. However, as a parent, I would feel bad if I had to see that from my child (kids do not need to tell parents everything!), so if it has been shared with LE it is possible the family has seen it by now, also. That saddens me for them, having met them and seeing their pain.

I certainly hold nothing against Chelsea as being a cause of her death. It does not change my determination to be a part of this all the way. I want to know who did this and why. No one deserves this, Chelsea or her family, or anyone else. In no way did I want to imply she brought it on herself.

I very much appreciate your comments, and they do make some sense of this. Thank you for sharing this. Maybe the older you get, the harder it is to relate to young people's circumstances. Times have changed with the addition of the Internet.

BBM - It isn't just growing older (and hopefully wiser) that changes our perception. You mentioned that you are a parent and that also changes things. Perhaps not as much when our children are still toddlers, but as our children mature it's impossible to ignore the pitfalls of behavior that seemed "adventurous" when we were young. I have children between the ages of 30 and 50 and they are all parents. Even my 50 year old is taken aback by the change in what seems "typical language, behavior, etc." to the generation of my 30 year old. I suppose the change is similar to what my parents thought about the "hippie" generation and what their parents thought about the "Roaring 20's". I'm certainly not naive or a prude, but I'll never stop finding foul language as a part of routine conversation offensive. :moo:

I saw some of CB's tumblr account. My take on the edgy parts were possibly CB and her friends were joking a bit. Trying to see who could post or repost more outrageously. People of that age want to test the limits and flirt with what is taboo. Many like the "shock" value some post can bring, not thinking about what who many stumble upon it. Also, CB had an fb account and myspace. She seemed to have been expressing different things on each social site. Myspace is about high school years. It's very tame and what I'd expect to see from a high school girl. It all may have been fun and games among friends but if we can see what is on the tumblr account, so could those who may be up to no good. Young people are so free about what they put on social media, and a lot of their settings are public. If there is anything I tell the 15 to 20 somethings of the world, it's: only share with your friends, people you know.

I've seen how dogged you've been fighting for Chelsea that's why I was confused by what I felt you were implying so I'm happy to see you've cleared it up and I understand what you mean now. I would be mortified if my parents saw some of the dumb stuff I've posted online in my time whether as jokes or to seem more "cool" or whatever than I actually am. However I think if Chelsea's family has seen her tumblr in the grand scheme of things of what's happened to her it won't even matter and they would probably understand that everyone acts different when their parents aren't watching. To me personally, what comes through on her tumblr is a girl who was really into her interests such as fandoms and Dr. who and who occasionally reblogged things of a more risqué nature if she found them funny or they appealed to her. I would definitely say as I said before our generation, who have grown up with the Internet, are a lot less sensitive to things of an adult nature which has its good and bad sides.

I just really hope like we all do that there is a break in this case soon.

Scarlett x

Has anyone looked at CB's Youtube account? She only has a few videos posted but look at the comment posted by TalentLover 4 years ago and look at his picture!! It's under Discussion. Maybe CB had been communicating online with someone or a casual commenter on a site found out about the party and went to try and meet up with CB. (the account is under the same email as other accounts).

FWIW, it seems TL is female...(see under 'About')

Says CB added a video to favorites 9 months ago.... [emoji17] chills.

Oh wow. Sorry if this isn't allowed or off topic but I went to the main band's YouTube page that was playing at the party that night. They have the party videos up from that night that say "As featured on Nancy Grace. Check out our new footage". Since they were on NG to promote themselves apparently....

Says CB added a video to favorites 9 months ago.... [emoji17] chills.

Yes I noticed this too. It is now about 9 months ago that she disappeared.
I wonder if she posted this video as some kind of message to someone. This wasn't a new song in 2014.
Perhaps she used a different social media to link to the video.

Yes I noticed this too. It is now about 9 months ago that she disappeared.
I wonder if she posted this video as some kind of message to someone. This wasn't a new song in 2014.
Perhaps she used a different social media to link to the video.

To be more precise: Chelsea added this video on October 24, 2014. This is the day before the party!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=FLaLkhx7V1QajGKur627Jwbg

Favorites
by Chelsea Bruck74 videos29 viewsLast updated on Oct 24, 2014

Was the video actually put there on Oct. 24? It says that was the last day it was updated ...... but the date the video was downloaded was June 26, 2009. (I am still trying to understand how al these sites work..:thinking: ) She could have been listening to her videos while waiting for a ride...?

Was the video actually put there on Oct. 24? It says that was the last day it was updated ...... but the date the video was downloaded was June 26, 2009. (I am still trying to understand how al these sites work..:thinking: ) She could have been listening to her videos while waiting for a ride...?

someone put the video online in 2009, but I think Chelsea put it on on her playlist on Oct 24,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member