MI MI - Comstock, WhtFem 35-55, UP8820, Skeletal in woods near I-94, Apr'11

This woman from Van Buren County was just added to NamUs. Her husband claimed that he dropped her off in Kalamazoo County before she went missing.

Shirley Jo Kelly
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11768/8

2121408060045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2171823790045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

I would guess that LE has already checked her out against this case, and upon seeing that she was not listed in NamUs, created a casefile for her.

Of all the possibles posted, Shirley Jo Kelly most resembles the sketch imo.

Carl, if I may ask, since they did not mention hair being found with this UID and had to use various hair styles, would that indicate an approximate of how long this UID may have been at this location?

If find myself wondering about the flower bed and when the owner last planted anything but then find myself thinking if the flower bed was filled with perennials perhaps the land owner had given it little attention for years other than weeding.

I really wish they would get an estimate on when this UID died. Such a huge range without that knowledge.

Carl, if I may ask, since they did not mention hair being found with this UID and had to use various hair styles, would that indicate an approximate of how long this UID may have been at this location?

I'm not sure that you can take anything from that. Once the remains are skeletonized, if they are out in the open, a breezy environment would remove any hair fairly quickly. I suppose clothing would last longer, but I don't recall anything mentioned about clothing.

Carl, if you plan to submit any of these possibles would you please ask if they have any better post mortem interval than years?

From NamUs:
Probable year of death: to Estimated post mortem interval Years

thanks!

I just called in the names of Michelle Bianco, Susan J. Smith, Barbara Farnsworth, and Shirley Kelly.

As for the timeframe, he didn't have an estimate other than that they have been there probably more than a year, but he was very reluctant to set a timeframe for fear of excluding good possibles.

I asked if 20 years would be reasonable, and he said that the property has been vacant for about 5 years, and he can't imagine that the remains would have gone unnoticed while the property was occupied. But he didn't definitively rule it out either.

The Namus casefile has been updated to include an impressive list of 82 ruleouts. Shirley Kelly and Mary Lands are now on the list but not the other potential matches mentioned here.

The reconstruction is not on the Namus page.

I just called in the names of Michelle Bianco, Susan J. Smith, Barbara Farnsworth, and Shirley Kelly.

As for the timeframe, he didn't have an estimate other than that they have been there probably more than a year, but he was very reluctant to set a timeframe for fear of excluding good possibles.

I asked if 20 years would be reasonable, and he said that the property has been vacant for about 5 years, and he can't imagine that the remains would have gone unnoticed while the property was occupied. But he didn't definitively rule it out either.

Carl,

Have you heard anything else from the from LE about Michelle Bianco, Susan Smith or Barbara Farnsworth? They are not on the rule out list. The UID NamUs page hasn't been modified since July 27th.

I wonder when the flowerbed was first planted actually......whether the body was buried and then a flower bed planted on top?

Namus has another recon up and the exclusions list has dropped from 82 to 15 names.

I don't know why, but something about this reconstructed image looks like another missing woman from Michigan, Paige Renkoski:

Is it just me? Does anyone else see it?

Paige Renkoski

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/835

Attachments

• renkoski-paige1.jpg
    renkoski-paige1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2701756220045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
    2701756220045078242S600x600Q85.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 37
Yeah, they do look similar. And her height matches spot-on too.

The only problem I see, now that I looked at Paige's NamUs profile is that Paige had knee replacements...there is no mention of knee replacements being found with the UID.

I don't know why, but something about this reconstructed image looks like another missing woman from Michigan, Paige Renkoski:

Is it just me? Does anyone else see it?

Paige Renkoski

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/835

Comstock MI where the UID was found compared to were Paige went missing from or where she lived at the time (Fowlerville MI) is only 97miles between the two. I just thought I would throw that out there. Paige is also not listed on the Ruleouts on the UID's NamUs profile.

Comstock MI where the UID was found compared to were Paige went missing from or where she lived at the time (Fowlerville MI) is only 97miles between the two. I just thought I would throw that out there. Paige is also not listed on the Ruleouts on the UID's NamUs profile.

Thanks Chaddylex. The only problem is that Paige had a knee replacement and screws...these aren't mentioned with the UID

It's 29 tonight with three double entries, leaving 26 unique names, if I counted right. https://identifyus.org/cases/8820

Paige Renkoski is now on the list.

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Laura Alber 1952 Michigan
Kerry Baum 1962 Michigan
Michelle Benjamin 1972 Pennsylvania
Regina Bos 1959 Nebraska
Tammie Briley 1963 Michigan
Jennifer Casper-Ross 1975 Nevada
Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Margaret Heuser 1960 Michigan