MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but does it aggravate anyone, (like it does me) to see the same few questions posted over and over again?

Sorry, i just wanted to get that off my chest. I guess more questions are better than not enough!

The other thing I wanted to say involves the search in the field behind Jefferson Court at IG on dec 3 or 4? Well, my friend told me just now that the flyer they gave her is gone from inside her hallway apt. She was given one to put up and I mentioned a few things today when I saw her so she told me the flyer was no longer posted in her hallway..... I find that odd since IG has posted a 50k reward and it's in IG apt. I'm gonna bring her a new flyer to put back up in the morning.

With all the talk about IG regarding atomic A and DS I kinda got the chills when arriving and leaving IG tonite- was about 5PM when I arrived and 6 when I left. Still helping my friend after her back surgery , I just imagined someone coming out of nowhere...... sad.

Still waiting for some good news to come [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What usually happens is people browsing the Missing page see that a topic is on it's 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc), thread and jump in. I have done it a few times. I've gone back and read each thread (like Lonnie Barton), but I've also been like "I'm not reading 7 threads 75 pages deep!" I'll go look for the most recent news online that I can find before I ask questions, though. But yes, sometimes it gets annoying. Just remember, not all WSers have been here since page 1!

Also, that bothers me that her poster is down. It just seems too soon.

I'm browsing here at work and thinking about the questions from last night about if tenants had been contacted. I just realized IGA never blasted an email out about the disappearance. Like, never asked residents to call the police if they saw something or know any information. I can *maybe* understand taking down posters so people who are contemplating living there don't see them and think the complex is unsafe. But I'm finding the fact the didn't email current residents weird. Maybe it's sticking out because they email residents about everything else under the sun. I just went back through my emails and they have sent things out since then, on the 11th (leasing office closing early due to weather) and the 14th (leasing office closing early for staff party) but neither email even mentioned Danielle. I guess I'm just finding it strange that they can tell me about the Pooch Plunge back in August but not about someone who potentially disappeared from one of their parking lots.

Regarding Danielle's Facebook Page, perhaps I'm jaded but I've seen a lot of vile internet trolls. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if some sick person starts a page (on any case) just to create drama, so Danielle's dad taking the pre-emptive strike actually makes sense to me.

I've seen a case here on WS where friends of a murdered woman received FB friend requests from her after her death (glitch or spoof account? I don't know.). There was another case here where a missing man (he disappeared with his girlfriend) presumably replied to comments left on his Facebook page, giving the impression he was alive and left on his own accord. It turns out he was a victim of a serial killer (girlfriend was rescued) and the common theory was that his ex-wife was accessing his page and posting as him just to stir up drama. No evidence suggests the ex had any knowledge of what happened to her husband.

Yes, I have no idea why anyone would do this, but yes, I have seen so many missing person cases where some sick person opens an account in the victim's name. Some even set up fund-raising pages, pretending to be a family member of the missing. Hard to believe, but sadly, I have seen it happen over and over.

In the case of Charlie Carver (RIP, and best wishes to KB), my personal belief is Todd Kohlhepp was the one who was updating his CC's FB page, likely gaining access to it through FB app on CC's cell. MOO.

<modsnip>

Don't get frustrated by the repeated questions. It's pretty common for people to come in and read the last two or three pages of the thread before they start asking questions........not realizing the same questions were asked 8 pages back. It takes a lot of time to go back and start reading from the last place you left off, and sometimes there simply isn't enough time to do it. I do it all the time, and I imagine you will too if you hang around long enough. Sometimes I'm offline for 3 or 4 days due to work concerns or other things, and it's almost impossible to try and read every page of a thread, and when they open up a new thread, it creates even more backlog. When I log on, I usually go to the last 4 or 5 pages to play catch-up and ignore the previous 20. Don't have enough time to read it all.

About the flyers:
A) Someone took it down to keep it.
B) Someone took it down in order to copy it.
C) The perpetrator is still in the building and doesn't like seeing her picture.
D) Some people are just jerks
E) Someone needed it to light their bar-b-que grill.
F) The manager received complaints from a whiner.

Your items D and F...Right? I work with younger people and I could SO see a few of them complaining that it's the holiday season and seeing her missing poster is ruining THEIR holiday.

That is odd. Maybe the owner is afraid to lose tenets over this and thinks people will move out. However knowing that they took them down after putting up such a high reward seems so weird. Are they really trying to help or just looking out for their own butt in case they are sued... either way it's all suspect to me. Also I wouldn't want to live in an apartment complex who takes a missing person flyer down of one of their own tenets. I would think they would want to do all they could to help. Unless someone took them down who works there like a mantience man...

Yes, I have no idea why anyone would do this, but yes, I have seen so many missing person cases where some sick person opens an account in the victim's name. Some even set up fund-raising pages, pretending to be a family member of the missing. Hard to believe, but sadly, I have seen it happen over and over.

In the case of Charlie Carver (RIP, and best wishes to KB), my personal belief is Todd Kohlhepp was the one who was updating his CC's FB page, likely gaining access to it through FB app on CC's cell. MOO.

I
As to the creepy comment by PC on the DAS page, could it be due to a misunderstanding? I looked at his FB feed, and just realized I actually have a mutual friend with one of the people who commented on one of his posts in July of this year. Probably a mistake, but offensive and inappropriate nonetheless and should be deleted immediately.

I don't normally follow cases too much so I haven't heard of that. I'll have to look those cases up. I just cannot believe anyone would want to be that disgusting to make fake profiles under a missing person. SMH

I know I'm a newbie and I apologize. I am wondering why we aren't allowed to post our thoughts or theories on family or friends. She's missing!!! Why does it matter who we discuss here? They shouldn't be offended( it's not about them) and if it was my family or friends I'd want to be scruntized and asked any questions that might help... It seems like we have to be careful what we post more so than any other forums I've seen discuss cases.

That is odd. Maybe the owner is afraid to lose tenets over this and thinks people will move out. However knowing that they took them down after putting up such a high reward seems so weird. Are they really trying to help or just looking out for their own butt in case they are sued... either way it's all suspect to me. Also I wouldn't want to live in an apartment complex who takes a missing person flyer down of one of their own tenets. I would think they would want to do all they could to help. Unless someone took them down who works there like a mantience man...

Respectfully BBM. Sadly, I do think the owner are "just looking out for their own butt." $50,000 (which may qualify as a tax deduction, though I'm not sure) vs. risk of being sued, possibility of losing prospective tenants, etc. if they see posters on premises - to them, putting up a $50,000 reward (which may or may not be claimed) probably makes more financial sense. If this is indeed the case, so very sad :(.

The only thing that would make sense is if LE knew for CERTAIN that whatever happened to DS occurred off the IGA property and her vehicle was later brought back for staging. I don't believe that to be the case, which is why it's so troubling that IGA has not contacted each and every resident. As you noted, it's very possible some residents are unaware of DS's disappearance. If there is someone on the loose and a girl is missing, I would demand to know what IGA is doing to protect ME. JMO

I'm browsing here at work and thinking about the questions from last night about if tenants had been contacted. I just realized IGA never blasted an email out about the disappearance. Like, never asked residents to call the police if they saw something or know any information. I can *maybe* understand taking down posters so people who are contemplating living there don't see them and think the complex is unsafe. But I'm finding the fact the didn't email current residents weird. Maybe it's sticking out because they email residents about everything else under the sun. I just went back through my emails and they have sent things out since then, on the 11th (leasing office closing early due to weather) and the 14th (leasing office closing early for staff party) but neither email even mentioned Danielle. I guess I'm just finding it strange that they can tell me about the Pooch Plunge back in August but not about someone who potentially disappeared from one of their parking lots.

IGA has likely consulted a team of attorneys regarding their level of participation in the search for Danielle Stislicki. Posting her picture and the missing information might come across as an admission that a crime was committed at IGA - in the parking lot or in Danielle's or someone else's apartment. The reward seems more than adequate to acknowledge the disappearance of a tenant without incriminating IGA. :moo:

I would say this is likely to be the most victim friendly site you will encounter and sleuthing family and friends who have not publicly been named a POI by LE is against TOS for a variety of reasons. In addition to DS, her family members are also victims and going through something most of us can not even begin to imagine, IMO. Of course, you are welcome to sleuth on your own and can message a member if you feel you are on the same path. There are plenty of sites that do not treat the victim and her inner circle with as much respect as what you will see here and false accusations can be very hurtful. JMO

I know I'm a newbie and I apologize. I am wondering why we aren't allowed to post our thoughts or theories on family or friends. She's missing!!! Why does it matter who we discuss here? They shouldn't be offended( it's not about them) and if it was my family or friends I'd want to be scruntized and asked any questions that might help... It seems like we have to be careful what we post more so than any other forums I've seen discuss cases.

IGA has likely consulted a team of attorneys regarding their level of participation in the search for Danielle Stislicki. Posting her picture and the missing information might come across as an admission that a crime was committed at IGA - in the parking lot or in Danielle's or someone else's apartment. The reward seems more than adequate to acknowledge the disappearance of a tenant without incriminating IGA. :moo:

I can definitely see that. It's just frustrating that I can get an email about the missing dog from apartment whatever but I don't get anything about a missing resident, regardless of where she's missing from. The reward wasn't announced until when? I'm sure their management company had been all over what they should or shouldn't do during that timeframe but not even a "Hey, one of our residents is MIA, keep an eye out and let FHPD know if you saw her on Friday or Saturday" email in between Sunday and the press conference? I'm not faulting them, like I said, it's just frustrating.

I would say this is likely to be the most victim friendly site you will encounter and sleuthing family and friends who have not publicly been named a POI by LE is against TOS for a variety of reasons. In addition to DS, her family members are also victims and going through something most of us can not even begin to imagine, IMO. Of course, you can welcome to sleuth on your own and can message a member if you feel you are on the same path. There are plenty of sites that do not treat the victim and her inner circle with as much respect as what you will see here and false accusations can be very hurtful. JMO

Just jumping off your post and well said. :smile:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Not friends with the "DAS" account. Seeing a total of 7 posts, all with the globe icon. Upon clicking on the "Recent" tab, "Recent" is the only option given.

Also, found an article that explains how to tag a FB status after posting: http://techin.oureverydaylife.com/can-tag-facebook-status-after-posting-3582.

Here is a post from FB's "Help Community," which says the same thing: https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10100394758777554
I'm sorry, but FB is getting to be too maddening ... :gaah:. Personally, I prefer IG and Twitter ....

Well...this is a new development. After reading your post just now, I went back to the DAS page and clicked on the "Recent" tab (next to the "Timeline" tab) and now I do NOT get a choice of years (2011, 2012, 2013, etc.) to click on.

The page has been adjusted in the time between this post and my previous post #326, where I did see a drop-down window with years to choose from.

Not sure if that means anything other than I need to go workout, now...this is making me antsy, lol.

ETA: In fact, just now I see that the whole horizontal bar top left is missing (with her Name, Timeline, and Recent tabs for clicking). Have screenshots of the earlier version with tabs this morning, so am assuming the page has been modified for whatever reason in the past hour or so to omit those tab options. (Heading to that workout, now...)

I can definitely see that. It's just frustrating that I can get an email about the missing dog from apartment whatever but I don't get anything about a missing resident, regardless of where she's missing from. The reward wasn't announced until when? I'm sure their management company had been all over what they should or shouldn't do during that timeframe but not even a "Hey, one of our residents is MIA, keep an eye out and let FHPD know if you saw her on Friday or Saturday" email in between Sunday and the press conference? I'm not faulting them, like I said, it's just frustrating.

I agree, I'd be completely frustrated with IGA and LE for the lack of awareness at one of the spots where she was potentially last seen. Met Life appears to have sent mass communications out to their US teams as well as posting often on social media. Again, another location where she was officially last seen but a very different response than IGA.

Would you feel comfortable forwarding IGA management a flier and asking them to send to residents? They wouldn't be directly soliciting information, but the flier would direct those with info to contact local LE.

An alternative to protecting vs (improving (imo)) the company image/liability would be for ownership to blast this situation from the apartment rooftops. The company may be more successful long term if they can show that they played an important role in bringing her home. Management could use the moment for spreading the message. Done correctly, a positive image may be left for future tenants. I'd be much more impressed to live in a place that made it clear, "not here, not ever, but if so, we're going to do any and everything to bring you home"!

Well...this is a new development. After reading your post just now, I went back to the DAS page and clicked on the "Recent" tab (next to the "Timeline" tab) and now I do NOT get a choice of years (2011, 2012, 2013, etc.) to click on.

The page has been adjusted in the time between this post and my previous post #326, where I did see a drop-down window with years to choose from.

Not sure if that means anything other than I need to go workout, now...this is making me antsy, lol.

I still get the option, but nothing there to see.

Written by my little sister, actually. Thank you for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reading her post is a window into into how amazing your little sister is. You're very lucky to have her in your life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member