Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 *ARREST* #16

And... I can no longer access Oakland County court site - I am "Forbidden"....

So - if someone else wants to try - but it probably is like the last time I looked - no updates - I would guess...

Do not really know what this means....

on Appeals case (#COA 364083) Update:

1/4/24 Update: Supreme Court reply-SCI Application/Complaint by attorney Scott Robert Shimkus.

Link: https://www.courts.michigan.gov/c/courts/coa/case/364083

No updates in the Oakland Court site.
I haven't been watching this case for a long time and just now decided to check in. The link provided is about the prosecution appealing the trial court decision to exclude certain evidence based on violation of attorney client privilege. The court of appeals reversed the trial court's decision. The documents are available on the docket. The decision is quite lengthy, too much to relate in a comment. But very interesting. It tells how Farmington Hills PD received a tip very early on regarding evidence against FG. I did not know anything of the evidence found and when, but I've been away from this case for a long time. Worth reading if anyone doesn't know what evidence they had, when and how they received the tip on where to recover it.

I haven't been watching this case for a long time and just now decided to check in. The link provided is about the prosecution appealing the trial court decision to exclude certain evidence based on violation of attorney client privilege. The court of appeals reversed the trial court's decision. The documents are available on the docket. The decision is quite lengthy, too much to relate in a comment. But very interesting. It tells how Farmington Hills PD received a tip very early on regarding evidence against FG. I did not know anything of the evidence found and when, but I've been away from this case for a long time. Worth reading if anyone doesn't know what evidence they had, when and how they received the tip on where to recover it.
I’m glad to know the prosecution is appealing that decision! Thank you.

I’m glad to know the prosecution is appealing that decision! Thank you.
Sorry I was mistaken. I went over the appeals decision again and only cell phone records will be allowed in evidence. The other evidence will not be allowed which was very convincing. I'm not sure if there can be any further appeal on it in Michigan. In Ohio if you have reasonable grounds, you can file a motion for reconsideration I think.

Anyone find any updates on Galloway/this case? The court site has not been updated since 9/21/23.

edited to add - here is what I have in my notes - wondering if it is still good?

12/27/23 Update: Murder: Galloway is set to appear for trial on 3/28/24 at the Sixth Circuit Court in Pontiac.

Last edited:
Here is the most recent media report that I could find about the case (December 26, 2023).

PONTIAC — Danielle Stislicki's accused killer's trial is still on hold over seven years after her disappearance.

The suspect, Floyd Galloway, was set to appear for trial on March 28 at the Sixth Circuit Court in Pontiac, but the case has again been put on hold due to appeals. Galloway is charged with the 2016 disappearance of the then 28-year-old Stislicki and was the last person seen with her. Prosecutors charged him with first-degree premeditated murder...

Galloway's trial, originally set for early 2021, has been repeatedly pushed back. Requests for more time, controversial evidence and Galloway's aforementioned conviction have all created complications with the Stislicki case.

Other challenges for prosecutors include the lack of any human remains and Judge Phyllis McMillen's 2022 decision to suppress key evidence, including Stislicki's smart watch and telephone, which McMillen viewed as "privileged information."

Last edited:
Since I still can not access the court site - and am NOT really sure of this trial date - ?? - I will go ahead & post this - JUST in case that article was correct....
I tried finding something this morning - and of course came up with zero on any recent articles. At least I can shorten this up a bit!

Thursday, March 28th:
*Trial set to begin (@ am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (last seen Dec. 2, 2016 leaving work around 5pm of parking lot of MetLife office on Telegraph Road, Southfield; her Jeep Renegade was found outside her apartment in the Independence Green complex in Farmington Hills; When Stislickis parents arrived, they found her vehicle in its normal spot-just eight feet from her door. Her purse, ID & credit cards were found inside her vehicle. Her phone, a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with a rose-gold case & keys were missing. They contacted the police & initiated the first missing person report. Her belongings & her cat were still in her apartment. Police weren’t sure if she drove the Jeep to her apartment or if someone else did. still not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (29 @ time of crime/32/now 37) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Galloway pleaded guilty of the rape of a woman (6/27/17) in 9/4/16 to assault with intent to cause great bodily harm, assault with intent to commit sexual penetration & kidnapping. He was sentenced on Dec. 8, 2017 & his earliest release date is June 26, 2033.
Trial was set to begin on 11/28/22 continued on 3/28/24.

Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 6/14/23 reference post #61 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...southfield-2-dec-2016-arrest-16.663981/page-4

8/8/23 Update: Appeal case: Scheduled on Case Call on 9/12/23 @ 10am for oral arguments before Judges Michael F. Gadola, PJ, Mark J. Cavanagh & Kirsten Frank Kelly, JJ.
9/12/23 Update: Appeals. Judge heard oral arguments from both sides. Case has been submitted. 9/21/23: Order filed. 9/21/23 Update: Opinion (#41)-per Curiam-unpublished. Panel: Michael F. Gadola, Mark J. Cavanagh & Kirsten Frank Kelly. Affirmed but remanded. From link: In this interlocutory appeal, the prosecution appeals by leave granted an order suppressing evidence derived from a tip that was communicated to the Farmington Hills Police Dept. in violation of defendant’s attorney-client privilege & right to due process. We affirm. Although the prosecution does not challenge the trial court’s finding regarding the final part of the Voigt test, it is readily apparent that the trial court did not err by concluding that the government misconduct resulted in actual & substantial prejudice to defendant. See id. at 401. While it is true that defendant was already suspected in Stislicki’s disappearance before the tip came in on December 9, 2016, that was principally because he was the last person seen with her, there was evidence suggesting that she was in his home & defendant appeared nervous & lied about his whereabouts when he was questioned. That said, we agree with the prosecution that the trial court’s ruling regarding the extent of evidence to be excluded was over expansive as it relates to two categories of evidence: Stislicki’s cell phone & “forensic data retrieved therefrom.” Such evidence should not be excluded on the basis of the due-process violation at issue in this appeal. We therefore remand for the trial court to amend its opinion & order accordingly. In all other respects, we affirm. We do not retain jurisdiction. The only thing they are saying to keep is a record of data retrieved. All the other evidence & items attached should be suppressed.
link: https://www.courts.michigan.gov/4a7.../final/coa/20230921_c364083_41_364083.opn.pdf

9/21/23 Update: Court site: Order filed COA. The Michigan Court of Appeals has affirmed a lower court’s ruling that suppresses evidence in the case against Galloway, obtained after information from a polygraph was leaked to police. In an unpublished opinion dated Sept. 21, 2023 Judges Michael Gladola, Mark Cavanaugh & Kirsten Kelly sided with Oakland County Judge Phyllis McMillen’s decision from last November, concluding that the evidence was obtained in a manner that violated Galloway’s attorney-client privilege & right to due process. Stislicki’s keys, Fitbit, the security footage & testimony that put Galloway in the area cannot be used. Along with its ruling regarding the suppressed evidence, the appeals court noted that records from Stislicki’s cell phone — obtained from a search warrant before the privileged information made its way to Nebus and the investigative team — are admissible & weren’t “a product of outrageous government misconduct.”
10/16/23 Update: Appeals: Rejected e-filing. Request for publication rejected because it was untimely filed. 11/16/23: Application for Leave to SCI. Answer due 12/4/23. 12/14/23: Supreme Court: SCHI Application/Complaint. Correspondence sent re word count certificate. 12/15/23: Supreme Court-Miscellaneous filing. Word-count certification-answer.
12/27/23 Update: Murder: Galloway is set to appear for trial on 3/28/24 at the Sixth Circuit Court in Pontiac.
1/4/24 Update: Appeals: Supreme Court reply-SCI Application/Complaint by attorney Scott Robert Shimkus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back