MI MI - D'wan Sims, 4, Livonia, 11 Dec 1994

Reactions: byo
Oh that makes more sense. I was wondering why they wouldn't have already had the DNA from D'Wan's parents. Hopefully that's accurate. I can't imagine if the results were to somehow come back that he's a match and now she's passed away.

Would LE not already have Dwanna's DNA on file for elimination in case they found a child, alive or dead, or who may be D'Wan?

I lived in SE MI at the time, and my son is a few years younger than D'wan. I followed this at the time, it was heartbreaking.

I always wondered about his mother's allegedly abusive boyfriend.

Sorry if this has already been asked/mentioned, but where is that boyfriend now? Perhaps someone should go back and pay him a visit.

Reactions: byo
@dulcinea, I seem to remember he was interviewed at the time. I think he ended up living in GA? AL? I'm going to scout around and see if I can find any old articles about it.

I am going to hazard a guess that man is not D'Wan-----this case will go unsolved unless mom had an accomplice who will spill the beans. She did something unspeakable to that child--- her secret died with her IMO.

D’Wan Christian Sims – The Charley Project

Last updated December 13, 2020; picture added, details of disappearance updated.

upload_2020-12-15_22-32-19.jpeg
Age progression

upload_2020-12-15_22-32-55.jpeg
mother, 2020

In the years following D'Wan's disappearance, his mother moved to Durham, North Carolina. She was living with her husband and children when she died there in 2020.

There have been numerous leads regarding D'Wan's whereabouts throughout the proceeding years, but all failed to produce any evidence and D'Wan remains missing. At the time of his disappearance he enjoyed watching television, especially the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers show. His case remains open and unsolved.

Hi. I read many of the posts but didn't read them all. If someone really familiar with this case could answer the following then that would be great.
  1. I understand there was a life-insurance policy on D'Wan Sims. Was this the kind of elective policy that you purchase manually and deliberately or was it the kind that you get tied into through your employer?
  2. I understand that Wonderland Mall is where the mother claims she last saw her son. When was the last time D'Wan Sims was seen by someone other than his family members?

Livonia police: D’wan Sims case remains open as DNA test returns with no match (clickondetroit.com)

Child went missing on Dec. 11, 1994

LIVONIA, Mich. – Livonia police said a DNA test returned without a match for a man who believed he was D’wan Sims, a missing child who was last seen at a Livonia mall more than 25 years ago.

D’Wan Sims was reported missing on Dec. 11, 1994 from Wonderland Mall in Livonia. His mother, Dwanna Harris, told police he disappeared while shopping with her.

Surveillance video revealed that Harris was at the mall, but didn’t show her son. That led investigators to believe he was never at the mall in the first place. The family became the focus of suspicion...

Livonia police: D’wan Sims case remains open as DNA test returns with no match (clickondetroit.com)

LIVONIA, Mich. – Livonia police said a DNA test returned without a match for a man who believed he was D’wan Sims, a missing child who was last seen at a Livonia mall more than 25 years ago.

D’Wan Sims was reported missing on Dec. 11, 1994 from Wonderland Mall in Livonia. His mother, Dwanna Harris, told police he disappeared while shopping with her.

Surveillance video revealed that Harris was at the mall, but didn’t show her son. That led investigators to believe he was never at the mall in the first place. The family became the focus of suspicion...

Delete

Since his mother died in December 2020, I don't think we will ever get to the truth of what happened to this child. I fear the truth died with his mother.

I wanted to clear some things up about this case. Now I am not saying D’Wan’s mother is an innocent person but I have seen some misinformation on this thread. Now, the mother did not take a life insurance policy out on him. That was his grandmother, Beverly Harris. Beverly had one for D’Wan, his mother and her other two daughters who were his mothers sisters.

D’Wan’s mother did not know about the policy until after D’Wan disappeared. On another note, I also do not believe he made it to the mall that day. It doesn’t necessarily mean he was killed though. Maybe she gave him to someone or sold him and he’s still alive.

There are still so many possibilities in this case but I don’t think it was an abduction from a shopping mall situation. I think we should balance out both the ideas of him being alive or dead because we really don’t know which one is true or not.

Missing for over 27 years...
dwan_christian_sims_1.jpg

D’Wan Christian Sims, 4
Missing since 11 December 1994

LINK:

Missing for over 27 years...
dwan_christian_sims_1.jpg

D’Wan Christian Sims, 4
Missing since 11 December 1994

LINK: