MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would however like to talk to the person who thought they saw Eric in Lansing....

Below
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I believe that I may have seen Eric Lee Franks on Monday in East Lansing, MI. I called the BVPD and left a message on the detective's voice mail but it is now Friday and no one has called me back. I also tried to message the Admin for the Find Eric Franks Facebook page but I don't know if they will see it since we are not Facebook friends. I decided to post here in the hopes that someone in the family can be reached so that I can give them this information directly.
I haven't received a response here or on the two Facebook pages I messaged. Anyone have any suggestions about how to reach the family? I'm afraid as the days go on my tip will be less and less helpful :( It has now been 7 days.
The detective finally called me back today and I gave him the info. He said the State of MI is taking over the case and he would pass my tip along to the detective now on the case. He did say that the family was no longer cooperating with the investigation.

Ok trying to catch up some here. I have had a busy week with work and all. I saw something about someone saying they thought they saw him and then that person stopped posting. What was that all about? Sounds a little screwy to me. And Ericsmom I think I know the friend you mention and I didn't know anything about her sending him a laptop or phone or anything. That must have been after his wife left.
All this is just crazy. I think police up there aren't doing what they should about checking into tips of people possibly seeing him or maybe they know something more than they say they know and are just prolonging this as long as they can hoping someday you will just give up. Somebody knows something up there about what is going on here. The thing is getting the truth out of them.

A random thought about the FG and this plane she owns. Has there been any investigating into that? Flights taken place around the time Eric became missing? From what I understand it is just a small personal plane but even those have to get logged right? And they have to request permission to land at airports etc.? I don't know if they are searched or anything but if any flights took place wouldn't there be some record of it somewhere? Just trying to think of anything that might possibly help make sense of anything going on here.

I know I am joining this case very late, but when did the laptop, coat, etc go missing from the motel? Was it the same time when he went missing or was it a separate incident prior to him going missing?

A random thought about the FG and this plane she owns. Has there been any investigating into that? Flights taken place around the time Eric became missing? From what I understand it is just a small personal plane but even those have to get logged right? And they have to request permission to land at airports etc.? I don't know if they are searched or anything but if any flights took place wouldn't there be some record of it somewhere? Just trying to think of anything that might possibly help make sense of anything going on here.
The neighbors told us that that airplane was constantly flying "back and forth". Neighbors said that plane even landed on that dead end street and right up to FG's house and her husband ran out. One of you sleuths found all the info on the plane and even info about the owner and pilot's license. The airport is just on the opposite side of a fence along that dead end road where FG and family (and maybe Eric ) lived. One of Eric's aunts found thro her searches that that plane had a wing repair done she thought during the time period Eric vanished.

I know I am joining this case very late, but when did the laptop, coat, etc go missing from the motel? Was it the same time when he went missing or was it a separate incident prior to him going missing?
It was a separate incident. He was wearing the new coat in the last photo that was posted on this site and using the new phone when he vanished. The new phone was the one we were told by BV police that FG used after he vanished. Of course, the new items vanished with him. During the early investigation, the BV Det in charge was speaking to me about the phone possibly being sold by Eric and he said,"why should he care, he didn't buy it." That's a ridiculous statement. We all own things that were a gift, but that doesn't mean they mean nothing to us. Sometimes they mean even more because we appreciate the person who gave them to us. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, that phone was on a plan that his friend in TX had and she just sent him the phone with him added to her plan as a user. The phone company wouldn't give her the info on that phone's usage because Eric's name was listed on it as user. She had to give police permission to obtain records. She notified him that the plan was changing at the end of June or first of July and he wouldn't be able to use it after that. So, who ever sent that email message to me Nov. 22, 2011 from the Burger King in Clio , MI wasn't using that phone...maybe his laptop. The police surely have looked into that...but in this case, I know everything has not been checked out.

So in a separate incident at a different time, but at the same hotel he was last seen at, someone gained access to Eric's room to steal his stuff?

I wonder how they got in?

I hope you don't mind me asking Eric's mom, but has Eric ever disappeared without telling family where he was going before?

And could you say what the longest time is he's ever gone without communicating with you, before he disappeared?

I'm trying to get a grip on any reason police had to think he was the type of guy to just sell his only phone and up and leave without a word.

:tyou:

(You don't need to make another page, the FB is fine as long as it is "open". Not trying to make more work for you!).

I'm not certain Nymeria, as I'm not on FB either, but I think when it's a group, it can't be made open to the public. You have to be a member.

I'm not certain Nymeria, as I'm not on FB either, but I think when it's a group, it can't be made open to the public. You have to be a member.

You can set a GROUP on facebook to be public - private - invite only - etc.,

If you want to be "FRIENDS" with someone then you must send a request - and they must accept - this is how people keep their pages private to the public while communicating.

Hope that helps for those of you who have fb questions!

Also - I think that it may be SUPER important that we focus on using his MOST recent picture when we are putting him out there. In my opinion there is a BIG difference between Eric in the older pics - and the "selfie" done at Meijer that day.

Someone asked the question earlier what was Eric's room # at Miller's Motel. I found the notes we took at the motel and the room # was 15. I had mailed his Christmas gifts there, but sent them to the main office. The motel owner said he never saw FG's husband or Eric's child at the motel, only the FG. FG was obviously jealous of Eric's relationship with other females and the housekeeper said she befriended Eric. FG tried early on to implicate the housekeeper's husband (who according to his wife is a double amputee) saying he might have killed Eric but he was talked to and never considered to be involved in any way in Eric's disappearance. The housekeeper even gave us her phone # and said to call her anytime, which we did once with a question.

Of course because it was OBVIOUSLY the double amputee who came in and harmed Eric - eyeroll.

What's interesting here is that she (fg) also made comments in regards to the fact that she had did not kill Eric and could "prove" it.

You know the saying - It's hard for a liar to be a liar because they have to remember their lies!

Also - I think that it may be SUPER important that we focus on using his MOST recent picture when we are putting him out there. In my opinion there is a BIG difference between Eric in the older pics - and the "selfie" done at Meijer that day.

Facebook is having issues today. As soon as I can switch the profile pic I will.

So in a separate incident at a different time, but at the same hotel he was last seen at, someone gained access to Eric's room to steal his stuff?

I wonder how they got in?
Well, who turned in the key?

Of course because it was OBVIOUSLY the double amputee who came in and harmed Eric - eyeroll.

What's interesting here is that she (fg) also made comments in regards to the fact that she had did not kill Eric and could "prove" it.

You know the saying - It's hard for a liar to be a liar because they have to remember their lies!
Plus she told her first of several stories to my sister and to me. Those stories were that he was in front of her house in April. He wasn't even missing in March according to that original story. Plus, she originally told me that she knew of no one he had befriended and never once said maybe he had been killed back in March by a double amputee. I'm seriously having trouble understanding how in the world she can get by with all these different stories about a man who is missing for 3 years now and she has only be interrogated once ! Something is rotten in Denmark !!

Plus she told her first of several stories to my sister and to me. Those stories were that he was in front of her house in April. He wasn't even missing in March according to that original story. Plus, she originally told me that she knew of no one he had befriended and never once said maybe he had been killed back in March by a double amputee. I'm seriously having trouble understanding how in the world she can get by with all these different stories about a man who is missing for 3 years now and she has only be interrogated once ! Something is rotten in Denmark !!

The last time Eric posted a lot in his FB group was March 9-12; 2011
Then his friends noticed he wasn't posting; there are a few posts in April saying he's living the life he dreamed; painting. Waiting for Satellite so he can post more.

Question; have the neighbors near the new place been questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member