MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit of clarification - BV police told us Eric's phone went dark for three weeks around the time we stopped hearing from him in March 2011. Then the some calls made were to salvage yards... Then it went dark again for good.
IIRC, you said that LE had contacted some salvage yards, and someone here gave a suggestion about calling some yourself. I don't suppose that generated any leads?

IIRC, you said that LE had contacted some salvage yards, and someone here gave a suggestion about calling some yourself. I don't suppose that generated any leads?

No, but it's unlikely any salvage yard that took a car without having the title signed off - a crime in Michigan - would admit to having the car. We know the title wasn't signed off because it was titled to Eric's mom.

This was probably already asked and answered but I have read so much in the past few days that my head is spinning.

Did Eric have any major surgery? Spinal or back? Any pins or plates in his body?

I know about his left big toe, but was wondering about any of the above. Thanks!

It's very likely someone was posting as him. Also, I believe the story FG told to me and another family member when we first called to check on Eric was probably the true story. According to the Archbold police report, she verified that to them. When confronted by MI police with the story the motel owner gave, she had to deny his story because that proved she and Eric were doing what he posted...painting and fixing up a house in a rural area and living the life he had dreamed of. I believe that's where she took the things from the motel. According to a friend on the Elite site, FG posted there were water issues and if Eric wasn't going to help with the expense, she was going home. That explains the argument. He had a temper. She said he got mad over a job posting and she had to protect her daughter. This is what she told me, but not the police.
The part of her original story that I don't believe was that he left headed probably to CA. and she told me she would be on the lookout for his car. Why do that is if she was so sure he went to CA? She also told me she would try to contact him and get back with me. She never did get back with me. Eric would certainly have responded to a message from her. Her husband told family he would go search for Eric's car. Again, why if she was so sure he left. He said he'd get back with the family, but never did.

You all have been helpful. You ask good questions and help us think through things.

I think the hardest thing about knowing what to share is knowing this is public - the suspect/s can access all of this and read everything we are saying and adjust their tactics accordingly. Much of what Eric's mom is sharing now we didn't chose to share early on for fear that it would hurt the investigation. But as the LE become less and less active on the case, it seems worth the risk.

This was probably already asked and answered but I have read so much in the past few days that my head is spinning.

Did Eric have any major surgery? Spinal or back? Any pins or plates in his body?

I know about his left big toe, but was wondering about any of the above. Thanks!
No, the only surgery he had was from an infection on his big toe that required some of the bone to be removed. No pins or plates.

Just a bit of clarification - BV police told us Eric's phone went dark for three weeks around the time we stopped hearing from him in March 2011. Then the some calls made were to salvage yards... Then it went dark again for good.
Also, the BV police told me that on the day Eric's things were taken from his room, two calls were made on his phone lasting a few minutes each. They were from and to Eric and FG. I said how do you know it was Eric...perhaps someone else had his phone calling her, which they agreed with. Either way, to me that says Eric was NOT with her. No need to call if they were together.

Thank you. Family had contacted her on FB just about a week ago and told her how important it is if she can help out with Eric's FB passwords. She has not replied.
She responded last night to family thro FB and is being helpful.

BBM
"I'm keeping busy living the life I have dreampt of for years. Painting and getting everyone situated in our new house.
Hopefully when the satellie gets installed, I'l be able to log in easier. We are pretty rural.
April 21, 2011"

From Eric's above supposed post on the Elite group page, is this house mentioned a different house than the one FG and her husband lived in? Where was this house located? It seems this rural house is the one that should be searched with dogs for any trace of foul play.

Have you or the family contacted the CUE organization (Monica Caison) for assistance? They are AWESOME!! www.ncmissingpersons.org You can file a report on their website or call directly 24 hours a day (910) 232-1687.

And lastly, is FG's husband the father of her other child (children)? You mentioned that she had posted the birthdates of her children, plural.
Thanks for the info. I called them today and am waiting for a call back. Interesting that that organization is in Eric's birth state.

SBM
"Have you or the family contacted the CUE organization (Monica Caison) for assistance? They are AWESOME!! www.ncmissingpersons.org You can file a report on their website or call directly 24 hours a day (910) 232-1687"

Thanks for the info. I called them today and am waiting for a call back. Interesting that that organization is in Eric's birth state.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

I'm SO glad you called CUE Eric's Mom!! Thank You!
Monica Caison and her team are beyond awesome! CUE has a HUGE network of all the dedicated professionals and volunteers needed to help find Eric as well as the connections to coordinate and carry out the searches.

Later on, family learned from a reliable source that FG needed money at the time (for reasons I won't explain, but which were public record) at the time Eric was lured to MI. Assuming Eric had money was a false assumption . FG's husband told family member that his wife was always looking for greener pastures.
This is a strange statement though coming from a man who actually was the one who put Eric in touch with his wife knowing her well and knowing that Eric didn't know about the child. Somewhere the assumption was made that Eric's former girlfriend initially got in touch with Eric. According to Eric to me, Eric's wife to family and FG's husband to family, it was FG's husband who told Eric how to get in touch with his wife. Eric had tried to find her on FB after moving to OH and knowing she lived in MI, but she doesn't use her actual name, as is true with many people. Sadly, many people find trouble when trying to connect with new friends or reconnect with past relationships on the internet. Eric had met FG's husband in TN once (before he was her husband) and remembered his name and he found him on the internet. It's hard to understand why he gave Eric all the info he needed to get in touch with his wife when the police told me FG's husband was very, very, very bitter toward Eric. FG told me her husband didn't want Eric to know about the child. He had raised the child as his own, so that's understandable, but all he had to do was ignore the request for info.

I noticed the Project Jason and the Charley Project pages for Eric are both still showing the investigating agency as the Buena Vista Police Department with their phone number:

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/3303-missing-man-eric-franks-mi-3212011/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/franks_eric.html

Could family please notify both organizations again with Detective Gary Thomas/Michigan State Police's contact information so any tips/info go to the right place?
Thank you. Yes, we can. We were told by MI state police that NAMUS would take care of changing contact info, but that seems to me to be impossible for every place his missing info is displayed.

UPDATE: Per a direct conversation with Detective Gary Thomas just now, the Anonymous (Crimestoppers) tip line for tips and information on Eric's case through the Michigan State Police/Tri-City Post is:

Someone knows something, it only takes ONE tip!

UPDATE: Per a direct conversation with Detective Gary Thomas just now, the Anonymous (Crimestoppers) tip line for tips and information on Eric's case through the Michigan State Police/Tri-City Post is:

Someone knows something, it only takes ONE tip!
Thank you. Also, the Saginaw county Crime Stoppers ran a story on Eric offering a reward. The # for the coordinator, Bart Dexter, is (989) 759-1262.

FG's husband told family member he heard about inheritance from FG...not from Eric. Husband of FG told family member that he NEVER saw Eric while Eric was in MI. Eric said the two met years ago when he and FG parted ways and FG's family friend came from MI to TN and took FG back to MI. That family friend became husband when FG was about ready to deliver Eric's child, so I was told. It's strange that he wasn't curious enough about what Eric looked like now ,considering everything, to even see him.
Strange, too that he told family that he googled Eric and thought he had some strange postings. Yet, he gave Eric info to get in touch with his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769