MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Facebook person, so, forgive my ignorance on the subject please.
Doesn't someone need a password or something to put something on Facebook? Wouldn't they have to sign in? Would someone other than Eric be able to put something on his page?
Also, does it work with Facebook that whatever is added can be traced thru an IP address or some way? Does Facebook keep a log of who said or did what at a certain time during a specific date? (I tried to see his FB but there were too many to figure out which could be his.)
You may call it an odd pic, I'd say it's creepy. The person burning the pic might mean it as a symbolic gesture.

The photo didn't give us pause at all. Eric loved artistic photos of himself - usually on the darker side - and so this one just goes with many, many others. We were curious as to whose fingernail, obviously, but nothing really gave us concern when we saw it. Does it appear sinister now that he's missing? Sure, but given all the other photos over the years, it doesn't seem out of place.

I don't believe the exGF told him about the child because she wanted to do so, unless she had some ulterior motive. For some reason, I think this whole thing is strange from the very beginning, when she first notified him.
1. He said he was going out there to be a family with exGF and child, but she was/is married.
Did he assume that was what would happen, they would be a family? Or did she give him some reason to believe that was how it would be? If she gave him reason to believe that, there's a problem right there because she was married.
2. He got out there and stayed for five months. Why that long? Did she encourage him to believe she'd leave her husband and that's why he stayed?

According to Eric, she was planning to leave her husband and live with Eric and the child.

You know, we could be looking at this all wrong. We've all worked under the assumption that Eric was there, was staying because of the child and didn't plan to leave. What if Eric decided things weren't going well and he decided to leave and go home because it wasn't working out . Suppose for some reason the exGF and husband wanted him to stay, and when Eric said he was going home, that's what caused the problem. Does that change how we look at this? Or does it give us reasons to explore other scenarios?
Have we tried thinking outside the box?

Always open to thinking outside the box, but can't really see what would be worth hurting him for if he wanted to leave. If they needed him to stay that badly for some unknown reason, seems they'd need him alive, doesn't it?

According to Eric, she was planning to leave her husband and live with Eric and the child.

Always open to thinking outside the box, but can't really see what would be worth hurting him for if he wanted to leave. If they needed him to stay that badly for some unknown reason, seems they'd need him alive, doesn't it?

Was he giving them Money for his child?

What if it was EXTORTION?

Oh, there've been plenty of phone calls too.

We have set a date and are going. Still have no confirmation of a meeting with BVPD, but we're pursuing media angles and hoping BVPD finds some time for us.

SF,
I think this is a good move. It sounds like the media is willing to help, and often they can put the pressure on both the community (there should be some family members there that may pause and go hmm) and the LE agencies.

Good Luck!!

I think that I have finally caught up with this thread. I did not notice it till a few days ago.

For those in the area or in the know, where there any political events or other things going on at that time which he may of attended?

I am glad that you are going to go there. It will be very difficult to ignore someone in person. Much easier to do over the phone.

I think that I have finally caught up with this thread. I did not notice it till a few days ago.

For those in the area or in the know, where there any political events or other things going on at that time which he may of attended?

I am glad that you are going to go there. It will be very difficult to ignore someone in person. Much easier to do over the phone.

After reading his Twitter posts, etc, several have thought of the Occupy movement, but Eric disappeared in March 2011 and the first Occupy rally wasn't until September.

Eric has never, ever been out of touch with his family for this length of time close to this. His car has still never been spotted anywhere. We just don't think this is a likely outcome.

After reading his Twitter posts, etc, several have thought of the Occupy movement, but Eric disappeared in March 2011 and the first Occupy rally wasn't until September.

Eric has never, ever been out of touch with his family for this length of time close to this. His car has still never been spotted anywhere. We just don't think this is a likely outcome.

Thanks for your response. I am not thinking Occupy. Earlier you stated that he was a gamer and in 2011 there were a number of new games released such as Mortal Combat, Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect, Call of Duty just to name a few. (Son happens to enjoy games).

Often there are groups of people that will get together for a launch of a new game/play the game.

For example World of Warcraft recently released Mists of Pandaria and corresponding convention for the gamers. I was simply curious if anyone from the area recalls anything around the area that may of occurred with respect to what we have learned about him from you.

Anyone/anyplace that we can maybe get the message to, as gamers can spread the word quickly much like social media.

I hope this is making sense as Nintendo, PS3 etc. all had various games released.

Any new beliefs, ideas, or thoughts now that you've been there?

Let's just say family members left being more convinced than ever that the eGF and her husband are prime suspects. Talked to lots of neighbors and others who know them - no one - NO ONE - would vouch for their character, and most seemed to think it quite easy to believe they were involved in one or more nepharious activities.

We were VERY disappointed that the person who has been investigating - currently Acting Chief from Buena Vista Twp. PD - wouldn't take the time to talk with the family. We tried multiple different dates and even worked around his vacation. Still, in the end, the family was there three+ days there and he couldn't find a second of time to meet. The Chief sent a subordinate who didn't seem to know much about the case to meet with the family and a prosecutor who is helping us. AND - BVPD also called the reporter while taping the segment in the parking lot and expressed that they didn't like them taping outside!

There were many things the family was able to accomplish that we wish would have been done by police long ago, such as talking to ALL the neighbors - not just the ones next door. After the visit, the family has realized the case has not been investigated to our satisfaction.

We've repeatedly requested they turn the case over to the MSP. BVPD now says they may be turning the case over to a sheriff's office.

...There were many things the family was able to accomplish that we wish would have been done by police long ago, such as talking to ALL the neighbors - not just the ones next door. After the visit, the family has realized the case has not been investigated to our satisfaction.

We've repeatedly requested they turn the case over to the MSP. BVPD now says they may be turning the case over to a sheriff's office.

Respectfully edited.

Thanks for the update, SF, and for keeping us informed about Eric's disappearance. Have you considered contacting Michigan's Attorney General? Perhaps bringing this to the attention of the Attorney General's office would help advance the case.

http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-21153-51368--,00.html

I think he had something on them and wanted no parts in it. They couldnt let him walk away! JMO

SF,
Please do not give up. Can you contact the MSP yourselves? I think you may have posted something about this previously. I am racking my brain to think if I know anyone on the MSP department. I do not, however, I have 2 contacts on the ISP (which is the state right next to M)department. They might be able to contact one of their contacts if it comes to that.

You may have answered this before too, but is it a possibility that whomever is investigating this case, has any connection to either the egf or her husband?

I agree, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Your family has been patient and tried to play by the rules, but you have been given no choice but to go above and beyond heads...How about contacting the Govenor of Michigan as well. Someone has to step up to the plate. A person is missing for god's sake!

Did her husband know about him being there?

and im not so sure you can believe what ex GF has said JMO

Yes, he knew. When we first started calling looking for Eric, he talked to a family member and discussed Eric. Also said he was outside their house. But according to BVPD his story now is different.

And no, we agree neither one can be trusted.

SF,
Please do not give up. Can you contact the MSP yourselves? I think you may have posted something about this previously. I am racking my brain to think if I know anyone on the MSP department. I do not, however, I have 2 contacts on the ISP (which is the state right next to M)department. They might be able to contact one of their contacts if it comes to that.

Right - we've contacted MSP and they say they can't just move in and take over a case - the request has to come from the law enforcement agency that needs help.

SF,You may have answered this before too, but is it a possibility that whomever is investigating this case, has any connection to either the egf or her husband?

Honestly, with the strange occurrences of late, it has crossed our minds.

I agree, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Your family has been patient and tried to play by the rules, but you have been given no choice but to go above and beyond heads...How about contacting the Govenor of Michigan as well. Someone has to step up to the plate. A person is missing for god's sake!

We're not going to quit!

I think he had something on them and wanted no parts in it. They couldnt let him walk away! JMO

BBM

Could that "something" have been that Eric's daughter was being abused by one or both of them--or someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769